Left-handed PhotographyPhotographer Male Richmond, Virginia, US
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US
My Website: http://www.lefthandedphotography.comMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/lefthandedcreative
Mayhem # 1005866
Due to the high volume of interest and my limited availability, models who don't respond to emails within 3 days may find the opportunity to shoot gone with the wind.
>Please read my No Flakes rant below before committing to a shoot.<
• I've been doing this for a long time yet still get excited every time I shoot. I love the challenge and opportunity to create images that are interesting and memorable. My goal with every portrait is to capture something unique about the model; to visually communicate her character and beauty with a touch of elegance or edge.
• I'm often asked what my concept for a shoot is. The short answer is: I don't do concepts. The longer answer is: I believe in intuition, creativity, spontaneity, and serendipity when shooting. This method seems to work about 99% of the time. Look at my port and judge for yourself.
• I am a contributing photographer to Zivity, with print and digital work that has been published nationally.
• While I am very respectful of a person's boundaries and need for discretion, I also ask for your cooperation, collaboration and enthusiasm when participating in a shoot. Too many restrictions stifle the creative process. To make sure we're on the same page before working together, please feel free to ask questions or articulate preferences (example, "I prefer to not do nudes.").
• Since MM suffers from chronically dysfunctional service (aka, gross incompetence), the best way to correspond when coordinating a shoot is through email. So, please include yours when writing; I'll do the same.
• My studio and location rates are very reasonable. I'll try to meet your budget if you're just getting started in modeling. I am always open to TF depending on how a collaboration can benefit our portfolios. I do not pay for photo shoots but may help with gas money if you're traveling from outside the area.
• If I send a Friend Request, assume I want to work with you. I'll assume the same if you send me a FR. Random FRs are ignored.
• If you want to bring an escort or friend to a shoot, please OK it with me first. The appearance of a surprise escort will result in immediate cancellation of the shoot. Wary boyfriends or twitchy husbands can stay on the porch. Similarly, please make sure your BF/husband/parents/priest are 100% on-board with your modeling ambitions. I cannot shoot with models who need third-party approval.
• I strive to deliver edited images within a few days of a shoot but that can vary depending on how busy I am. When doing TF, models are welcome to use the photos as they wish as long as photographer (me) credit is included. Under no circumstances can any image be altered (Photoshopped, cropped, removing copyright, etc.) without my permission.
• A few necessary words about flakes. Although I am very easy to work with, I have no tolerance for people who don't respect my time or can't follow basic protocol. If you want to be taken seriously as a model, take modeling seriously.
When you commit to a shoot, please show up and show up on time. If you have a problem and can't make it, please let me know before the day of the shoot. (And, please tell the truth. What do you think the odds are that folks who cancel last-minute always seem to have a "family emergency" or "sudden sickness?")
• Not responding to messages, emails or texts promptly will result in automatic cancellation of a shoot. It takes a lot of work to set up a shoot. If you don't respect that, please pick another whim-of-the-week for your fun.
• I am a participating member of Photographers Alliance, a national community of photographers sharing objective feedback about their experiences with models. This feedback is compiled as a free database to help photographers identify who the most responsible and dependable models are--and to help steer clear of the flakes and drama queens.
For more information, message me here or click:
DO NOT RECOMMEND: (Flake Hall-of-Famers) Contact me for details.
• Visit often. I'll try to keep this port interesting by making new contributions on a regular basis.
Someday I'll get around to listing all the great models from MM that I've had the pleasure of working with. Until then, click on the photos to see who they are.