"To be naked is to be deprived of our clothes, and the word implies some of the embarrassment most of us feel in that condition. The word 'nude', on the other hand, carries, in educated usage, no uncomfortable overtone. The vague image it projects into the minds is not of a huddled and defenseless body, but of a balanced, prosperous, and confident body: the body re-formed."
-Kenneth Clark, "The Nude: A Study in Ideal Form"
I am a 21st-Century artistic nude model and an aspiring performance artist.
For centuries, art nude models have been presented through sculptures, paintings, and music. They are Venus. They are Apollo. They are the Greek statues that you find in museums. They are inside the paintings that you hang on your wall and they are the men and women who tell you how soft and wonderful that bath soap feels in modern commercials.
There is a certain fascination with the nude form. Nowadays, a sense of taboo. A thrill. Artistic nude models have been marveled at for their beauty and expression of the deepest emotions that all humans have; big, small, underweight, overweight, freckles, blonde hair, brown hair, red hair, pubic hair, shaved hair, young, old, happiness, and despair. They are who we are deep inside the exterior of our being.
When we look at ourselves in the mirror, I think in some part deep inside, we yearn to be seen as our true selves. For some, showing our nudity truly does expose who we are - we become afraid of it. We almost become vulnerable, soft, and fragile. Our wall is torn down as the only person to view us as a whole is simply ourselves in that mirror. We know who we are deep inside.
Like many of the wonderful models here, I am not afraid to show myself.
As an artistic nude model, I am simply seeking to redefine femininity and wish to resemble the strong, confident, and sensual woman that lies within me. I am a huge believer in feminine power and needless to say, I am very passionate and caring toward art nude models and artists alike.
Here you will find the work that I live and love to do...
A N A I S
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom..."
WORKING WITH ME:
$80/HR + Help with gas, depending on your location
No checks - cash only, please
I'm pretty easy to work with but please keep in mind that I tend to stick to styles that are tasteful, elegant, and classic. If you have a neat concept you'd like to shoot, let me know your ideas and we'll go for it!
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME:
- My hair is several inches past my shoulders (mid-back). Most of my images have the short french-bob look but I am now working on new images to show a more accurate look. Stay tuned!
- I honestly prefer to do my own makeup and hair. I appreciate other artists who specialize in this but let's just say that I always end up feeling foreign in my own body when I can't recognize myself in the mirror. I'm very good with makeup and hair design so let me know what you have in mind for your project and I will do my best!
- I have a rose tattoo on the back of my neck that I am actually in the process of removing. It was simply a project gone wrong. Terrible wrong. The process takes a little while but I should have my neck back soon!
- Sadly, I have a bad back condition where I cannot stretch backwards without injuring myself (i.e. draping over a rock, chair, do backbends, lie on my stomach and lift the front up, etc). Don't worry - I've been stretching and limbering up! I can do a little bit of this but...don't let me push myself too far, okay?
- I appreciate the gesture but please do not invite me out to dinner or drinks
- On that note, I am NOT seeking romantic adventures with anyone. I have a boyfriend that I love very much so any obvious flirtatious moves and suggestions (I know you're out there) will result in an immediate termination of the shoot. I am not afraid to say no.
TBA but I do have these cities in mind:
Quebec (I'll be there for two weeks sometime in April/May!)