Thom BonePhotographer Male Shoreline, Washington, US
My Website: thombone.com - Thom's blog!My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/thombone
Mayhem # 1245603
About MeNOTE: I decided not to renew my VIP membership for the following reasons:
1) I chose the "renew every year" plan which gives a discount. I opted OUT of automatic billing. THEY changed it to every six months (much more expensive) and with automatic billing -- without informing me.
2) I am working on another project right now and decided to take a short break from photography. So I figured, no point in having my VIP for a short while. I planned to subscribe again later. BUT... when I let this expire (I had to change the credit card to nonsense to keep them from billing me automatically), they, in turn, DELETED ALL BUT ONE OF MY PICTURES. There is absolutely NO excuse for this. Destroying my posted work is UNCALLED FOR and I believe they did it as punishment for not payhing the "MM tax" they levy.
3) I'm not happy with MM much anymore anyway. MM used to have high standards. You had to actually prove you were in the industry by showing some actual work. NOW they let in GWC's, perverts, iPhotographers, Instagram junkies, whatever. This community no longer reflects the industry. It seems to me that the bar has been lowered to intolerable levels.
4) Certain moderators are way, way overboard. I need not elaborate. Just go look for yourself.
5) MM VIP isn't worth much anyway. Buy VOP doesn't actually give you much abnove a free membership anyway.
Anyway, here's my old bio, below. If you want to contact me for any reason, try thomboneATgmail.
Thanks! It's been fun but this place isn't getting another dime from me due to the above. It's a parody of itself now.
------------------Original BIO below------------------
I refuse to take pictures OF you. I want to take pictures about you. Do you have a story to tell? I want to help you tell it.
I am normally a videographer, booking agent, writer and professional musician. However, I have also been a professional photographer off and on for many years. I have worked with many different magazines, periodicals, publications of all sorts and have also done a huge amount of work in music photography (live and posed). I have recently decided to get back into still photography again because I have been busy making a major documentary that I shot in HD and need a break from. I currently also run seattlepunk.org, and have also been redoing my modeling portfolio because I feel like it. I also do a punk rock band from time to time and make records and tour around causing trouble 8-)
I've been fortunate enough to have been very busy lately, but that does not mean that I don't have time for you! Believe me, I'll make time if I feel a creative energy between us.
All of the shots save for one in my port now are from June 2009 (save for the shot of Julia from 2007) or newer. I have recently decided to completely wipe my port and profile here on MM and elsewhere, and restart from scratch as an exercise in "reinventing myself". Therefore, I am more open to TF* than usual right now!
I do not follow trends, and my style is my own. If I had to be described, it would be a photographer that tries to capture the elegance of simple. I go after expression far more than I do props or photoshopping.
I try to capture moments. I try to capture energy. Those are my goals.
"Everyone has a photographic memory... Some just don't have film."
I also do many other different types of photography, much of which is beyond the scope of MM. If interested, e-mail me. I also do animal photography, and since animals (especially my very rare Chocolate Lynx Bi-color Ragdoll purebred) can be models (I call her my "mews" 8-), JuJu Bone is represented in my portfilio as an example of this.
****** NOTE: If you decide to add me as a friend (which I appreciate, of course), please take a moment to SEND ME AN E-MAIL here explaining why you are doing so. I would not only appreciate the feedback, but I will also then know that it is because you have an interest in my work and are not just friend collecting. I will not accept any requests from people that make no attempt to communicate with me or introduce themselves, first. ******
ALL IMAGES ARE ©Thom Bone and may NOT BE REPOSTED OR COPIED for ANY reason without my expressed WRITTEN CONSENT. Thank you.
CreditsCopyright © Thom Bone - All Rights Reserved!