Sharon Blain’s colourful career has spanned 40 years, during which she’s represented Australia five times in the World Supreme Championships and coached the Australian World Cup Hairdressing teams in Tokyo. She’s won numerous awards, including the coveted Australian Hair Expo Hall of Fame Award and the 2008 HairBiz Hair Legend Award and most recently, the Australian Educator of the Year award at 2009’s Hair Expo. Owner of the iconic Art of Hair salons, Sharon employs twenty-eight talented people. A gifted educator and motivator Sharon takes great pride in training her staff to such a level that they have won 13 Salon of the Year titles at national & state levels and more than 500 competition awards.
Sharon is a finalist in this year’s Hair Expo Awards in three categories: Australian Hairdresser of the Year, Excellence in Education and Best Photographic Collection for her Renaissance collection.
The Art of Hair name has spread into the international market with Sharon being the first Australian hairdresser to have her photographic work on the front cover of International Hairdressers Journal.
She presents annually at Hair Expo and as a key platform artist for Goldwell Cosmetics’ Australian Creative Team Sharon has performed at major hair & fashion shows on an international level.
Sharon Blain educates extensively on behave of Goldwell. She conducts workshops and seminars and won the 2009 award for Excellence in Education at Australia’s leading industry event, Hair Expo.
Sharon is also the first Australian hairdresser chosen to design the hair for an international marketing campaign for the launch of Goldwell Cosmetics new product range. She was the hands behind the latest colourance campaign, which has been released in 49 countries.
Her three Long Hair books (Long Hair Volumes 1, 2 & 3) are now sold and translated into more than 14 languages and are now selling worldwide. She is also famous for the innovation of a superior range of hair padding that has revolutionised the art of long hair design.
Sharon has recently launched an Educational DVD – the Jewel collection featuring six stunningly simple styles in step-by-step format and will release further dvds later in the year.
Sharon’s innovative flair for styling ranges from an extreme end of the spectrum encompassing avant-garde wig design, to a raw street-scene edge. Her greatest passion is beautiful, creative long hair; her inspiration stimulated by the famous haute couture houses of Europe. From bridal to red carpet hair; from catwalk to traditional hair styling, there is no end to Sharon Blain’s exceptional talents.
• 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 Finalist
• 2003, 2004, 2008 Finalist Hair Expo Photographic Collection of the Year • 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 Finalist Hair Expo Australian Hairdresser of the Year award
• 2006, 2007, 2008 Finalist Hair Expo Excellence in Education
• 2006 Winner Global Salon Business Award Barcelona
(Entrepreneurial Excellence Award for Salon Leadership)
• 2008 Winner Hair Expo Best Photographic Collection
• 2008 Winner Goldwell Trend Zoom Challenge
• 2008 Hair Expo Excellence in Marketing
• 2008 HairBiz Hair Legend
• 2008 Trendzoom Finalist
• 2008 Finalist AIPP Awards Best Photographic Collection
• 2009 Finalist Goldwell Trendzoom Competition
• 2009 Finalist AIPP Awards Best Avant Garde Collection
• 2009 Finalist Hair Expo Australian Hairdresser of the Year award
• 2009 Finalist Hair Expo Best Photographic Collection
• 2009 Winner Hair Expo Excellence in Hairdressing Education (Individual)