Chris BrownPhotographer Male San Francisco, California, US My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/chrisbrown
Mayhem # 134928
Planning shoots for the summer in the bay area. Stay tuned.
Precise, astute, clever, resourceful, adaptive. Idealist and perhaps closeted perfectionist -- but this comes across as a combination of excitement about ideas and results, and oddly, being relaxed. As someone from the northeast United States I self-describe as very easy going and fun. As someone working in California, I self-describe as professional and reliable.
"Mechanically taking a photograph is intellectual, it requires skill. Creatively making a photograph is emotional, instinctive, intellectual, and social.
Finding a moment to photograph requires a sense of timing, mood, anticipation, and extraordinary patience" - Chris Brown, because I like to quote myself
I spare no energy to get the image I want in the camera, bringing in makeup artists, stylists, building sets, and so on. Finish work isn't to save a photo, it's to make it look... finished.
I used to run a 350 member group of photographers in Buffalo, NY (my home town) which photographers, MUAs, and stylists are welcome to join. I also used to run a 50 member group for models that models, MUAs, and stylists are welcome to join. If you are from Buffalo, feel free to join the appropriate group, or drop me a note if you have questions.
More about me
I like to do work that is interesting, fulfills a vision or ideal, and represents the best possible work of everyone involved. I also like to have fun in the process of creating. I'm an easy going guy, relaxed, and patient. I can work from my own vision, or share in yours. I come from the corporate world of high responsibilities and serious deadlines and I have the drive and pace that comes from that environment.
My primary areas of interest are fashion and glamor, and commercial, and avant garde fine art. However, I still enjoy all types of photography, so if you have a good idea or truly think that you could be (or are) a successful model in another category, drop me a note. I just may be interested.
1. MODEL PORTFOLIO SHOOTS: Model portfolio session prices are negotiable, please inquire. I accept a limited number of TFP/TFCD requests based on my belief that the resulting work will broaden, deepen, or increase the quality of my portfolio. I shoot test if I think I may want to call upon you in the future. In TFP/TFCD, I have co-equal or greater creative influence / say. In test I have full say and you may not get photos from the shoot at all - it's test.
2. AGE: If you are under 18 then I expect your parents or legal guardians to be heavily involved in your career. I won't work with you unless they are. Bring ID and proof of age at the time of the shoot.
3. CORRESPONDENCE: Please don't make an initial contact if you will not follow up later. Also, sometimes it will be a while before I get back to you, but I will always get back to you. If I don't get back to you, which is rare, then it is an honest mistake; please contact me again.
4. PROFESSIONALISM: Professionalism will earn you points in my book very quickly. Life is full of surprises and pitfalls, please deal with them in a responsible way.
5. CHAPERONES: You are welcome to bring a chaperone. The ideal chaperone is one that is present but not noticed unless asked to help.
6. REFERENCES: I have references, many of them. I'd be happy to share them with you.
7. TRAVEL: Tell me if you are traveling to work with me, it makes a difference.
8. BOOKING: I am usually booked a few weeks out.
Tech Noir Fashion Show featuring Futurtate and Dementia - 2009
Adorn, Buffalo, NY - 2008
The Runway, Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, NY - 2008
Where's Winter, Buffalo, NY - Bikinis and Winter Jackets - 2008
Flykotic Streetwear Fashion Show, Rochester, NY - NYC Style Runway - 2007
Various art prints sold online - 2007
Gallery 51, Buffalo, NY - nine photographs on exhibit - 2006
www. rodandpiston. com - model search photo shoot
Models, MUAs, Stylists that I've worked with on self-assignment projects
Performances (press pass /w pit access, etc)
National/International/On the charts
My Chemical Romance
Taking Back Sunday
Reel Big Fish
As Summer Dies
John Cleary (Jazz/New Orleans)
The Great Train Robbery
Mark Norris & the Backpeddlers
Lower Town Trio
Single Grave Ticket
The Stay Lows
My top might be people I've worked with, people I want to work with, people who's work I like, etc. It changes regularly and rather randomly. Please refer to the credits above to know who I have worked with. Right now my top includes some (but not all) of those that I have plans or would like to have plans to work with in the next month or two.