John MuellerPhotographer Male Camarillo, California, US
My Website: John B. Mueller PhotographyMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/johnmueller
Mayhem # 143497
Photography is not just taking a picture, it's capturing a moment, as interpreted by the photographer.
Before the demolish the Scary Dairy near CSUCI, I want to do some sort of fashion shoot there using external lighting, and either high fashion, or something unusual. It's full of graffiti and would love to work with anyone interested in getting some awesome shots in a graffiti-heavy abandoned building.
CONCEPTS / PROJECTS:
1. model in high skirt, high heels on a deserted road filling her car on the side of the road with a small tank of gas, arching back. Hair has to be wild and the dress either red or black.
2. model in the middle of a large road tunnel, shot from the side, with bright lights replicating a car coming head-on, and her hand out in front trying to stop it.
3. model in dress or trendy outfit or long dress, standing or sitting sadly on the edge of the diving board, contemplating. If possible get the context of a dinner party in the background.
4. model in high fashion at bus stop with a bunch of other regular passengers. She sits in the middle with stressed look on her face.
5. closeup of a models face, with her lips covered in rainbow sprinkles, or little heart sprinkles.
6. model in sundress or full-length dress swinging on a swing at a park, or hanging from monkey bars
7. model in dress pushing a shopping cart around the supermarket. Guerilla-style. In & out before security comes.
8. model in red/blue/black dress and high heels fishing on a pier at dusk. Maybe yanking back on the pole, bucket, etc.
9. model in bright red dress licking a melting ice cream cone, with the ice cream dripping down all over her hand and arm, and her lips and nose are also covered in it.
10. model sitting at a coffee shop, outside, maybe reading the paper. Editorial look.
11. model in dress standing stoic under a waterfall â or coming out of a pool of water, dress all wet (but makeup perfect)
12. female model dressed in white mans dress shirt, top 2 buttons unbuttoned, staring directly at camera, backlit
13. model walking through a cemetery, at dusk, holding flowers
14. model hitchhiking on a lonely, deserted road (i know it's been done before, but I still like them)
15. model in wedding gown, cocktail dress, bridesmaid dress OR light colored sundress laying belly up in a shallow lake, river, pool, etc. Think "trash the dress"
16. model walking down railroad tracks, head down, with maybe a bouquet left behind her, dropped.
17. model at railroad tracks, running towards the camera, excited
18. model in dress and high heels posing awkwardly in a tree.
19. model wearing cowboy attire, at an old west site (Paramount Ranch in Agoura)
20. model at beach, holding her shoes in one hand, splashing in the water into the sunset
21. model wearing camo pants and white tank top either in the woods or perhaps the beach, maybe brandishing some water pistols
22. model wearing jeans, white shirt, leather jacket in front of a motorcycle bar, dark makeup
23. model wearing bridesmaid dress looking contemporary in an outdoor mall or other social venue.
24. model in a red or white dress, laying in a full tub of water with vacant look on her face.
25. do a Nautica-like shoot on a yacht or large boat.
26. Trash the Dress where the model and dress are completely engulfed in mud, water, paint, etc.
For many years, I've photographed landscapes, barns, kids, objects, still life, animals, etc. But recently I've seen the challenge in shooting people. It's easy to make the Grand Canyon look good. It never changes. But with people, you not only have to understand how to control the camera, but also how to make the person feel relaxed, get the expression you want, and realize the potential of the person. Capturing that is not only challenging, but rewarding.
I don't mind shots that show your sexiness, but realize that I take my photography seriously, and as a model, you should take your job seriously as well. I take shots that would have a commercial interest and thus, my focus would be on the clothes or object the model is modeling, not necessarily the model.
Right now I would be interested in shooting TFP/TFCD shoots. I'm open to your suggestions, and I'm a pretty creative as well. I don't have a studio but would love to do some outdoor natural light shots, a beach sunset shoot, etc.
I'm getting pretty good at Photoshop, so I would be able to retouch your photos as well. I don't have any prices, etc, as right now I'm learning (probably just like you).
Or just say hi, or visit my Flickr site to see some of my other, mostly non-people work:
Or like everyone else:
Facebook Fan Page
Have you worked with John Mueller? Add Credits for John Mueller! >>
Contributing photographer to Ski Magazine, Random House Publishing, Skirt Magazine, Wyndham Hotels, several websites and blogs
First place winner for National Parks Contest
3 book covers
Lead photograhper for PVRPD
Wikinews photographer for 2007 Annie Awards (2/07)
American Idol Red Carpet event 11/06
Strawberry festival official event photographer
Freelance photographer for Acorn
Ventura County Fair - several first place awards
Multiple Model/Fashion shoots
Family & Child/baby shoots
4 Red Carpet shoots
Location shots published on websites.