Mayhem # 1795796
About MeI first started weight training and regular exercise to make myself a better football player in High school. Football taught be how to be loyal, responsible for my own actions and what it really means to be somebodies brother.
Once football was over, I fell into a typical teenage trap; heavy drinking, heavy drugs and heavy eating. I went from a fairly lean 195lb guy to a 240lb fatty, in what seemed like over-night. You know its time to start making some changes when bending down to tie your shoes leaves you completely out of breath.
I remember when I finally decided to change my ways. I saw a picture on facebook of the side-profile of my face, and how enormous my double-chin had gotten. And for the most part, I'm the kind of guy who could care less about how my hair is fixed or what kind of clothes I'm wearing. But this time, I was completely shocked at my own face fat. I realized that NOW was time to get myself healthy again.
The first few months were rough, especially when trying to re-format my diet all over again. But once I got past that hump and started seeing results, there was no turning back. Ive been dieting and training like a complete freak ever since, and I'm not stopping any time soon!
Check out my transformation here!
Credits- Photographers Jimmy Murtaugh, David Arnot and Luis Rafael
- All the people who took the time to explain proper nutrition to me
- Mom, for purchasing all the food I consume on a daily basis
- All my friends at Synergy in Farmingdale, NY for creating a friendly but "get to work" atmosphere.
- Sweet Potatoes, for being the most delicious low-glycemic carbohydrate
- Jimi Hendrix and System Of A Down for pumping me up the most for my workouts