Mark Holmes PhotographyPhotographer Male San Diego, California, US
My Website: Photography Classes San DiegoMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/markholmesphoto
Mayhem # 1822818
About MeMy name is Mark Holmes and I teach photography classes and workshops here in San Diego. My background is instructional design, meaning I have a lot of experience with communicating technical subjects. I am the author of Digital SLR Photography eLearning Kit For Dummies.
I am passionate about photography and have experience as a professional portrait and product photographer, though you won't see my commercial work here. I really enjoy teaching and especially like encouraging people who are new to digital photography. I have a great deal of empathy with people who know they have an eye for photography, but need help in understanding how to get the results they want.
I am regularly looking for models to assist in workshops. Assignments include formal portraits, beach with swimwear, location fashion, bridal. Shoots are attended by up to six photographers and are always relaxed and fun. Attitude and reliability are very important to me when selecting models, so please be professional and follow through on commitments. Models must be 18+.
If you wish to attend a workshop shoot, please note the following:
- Workshop shoots are paid shoots.
- I ask photographers to give you pictures, but cannot force them to. I recommend you swap email addresses with photographers at the shoot.
- You are welcome to bring a friend for company, but they must stay out of the way and not distract photographers. There are usually other models there to keep you company while I brief photographers.
- Please review directions to the shoot and arrive in plenty of time. I don't appreciate being called for directions if you are late and I am teaching.
- I will inform you if there are any specific dress requirements, but often I leave it up to you. I suggest you wear something that you'd like to have in your portfolio.
- It sometimes gets cold and there is some standing around, so please bring a jacket.
- We usually shoot outdoors and may not be close to public conveniences.
- I don't always do a good job of maintaining my lists and there's no way to just send casting calls to MM friends, so feel free to answer future calls even if it doesn't work out this time or I don't contact you directly about a new shoot.
- I work to find models as quickly as possible when casting, so don't take it personally if you don't hear from me. Somebody probably got there first this time.
Please send me a message if you are making a friend request. I prefer to keep friends to people I have worked with or am likely to be able to work with in San Diego.
These days I mostly teach, but occasionally I swap time for work on model portfolios if I can get some samples for my workshop materials and books. I am easy to get on with and very collaborative, but very busy, so please feel free to be pushy to get dates set up if you are interested in doing a shoot. My style is varied, but rarely touches on glamor or fashion-type shots, so check my portfolio before contacting me. I treat TFP shoots the same as any paid shoot, so once I have committed I do not appreciate late cancellations or no-shows.