- Photo District News (PDN) / Billboard's Ultimate Music Moment 2011
(Professional Winner, Crowd category)
@ The Factory, Los Angeles, CA (11/17/12)
- This Ain't a Scene: The Vibrant Music Community of East L.A.
@ 1650 Photography Gallery & Studio
Echo Park, CA (5/12 - 5/19/12)
- Tribute To The Movies @ The Satellite
Silver Lake, CA (6/25/11)
- One Night Only: A Local Music Photographers Show @ Spaceland
, Silver Lake, CA (10/11/10)
- Local Music Photographers Group Show @ Ballard's Artwork & Framing
, Echo Park, CA (9/24 - 10/16/10)
- Month of Photography Los Angeles (MOPLA) Group Show
@ Smashbox Studios
, Culver City, CA (4/29 - 5/19/10)
- Exposure Group Show @ Where Gallery
, Silver Lake, CA (2/27 - 3/20/09)
A Los Angeles native, Koga
is an award-winning photojournalist who covers the local music scene and adult industry. His subjects are a veritable who's-who of rising stars from the "Eastside" indie rock and singer-songwriter genres, and many of the adult film actresses he has photographed have challenged the stereotypical notion of what a pornstar is.
Friend of XBIZ
as well as Buzz Bands
, Koga has been on-set for several adult and mainstream productions, including porn parodies of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Star Trek," "Star Trek: The Next Generation," "The X-Files," "Seinfeld," "The Simpsons," "Tron," "Reservoir Dogs," "Revenge of the Nerds," "The Justice League," and "Sailor Moon," not to mention the critically-acclaimed American comedic web series "The Guild"
starring Felicia Day
Koga's photographs have been published in Photo District News
, Los Angeles Times
, L.A. Weekly
, Los Angeles Business Journal
, Business Insider
, and Penthouse
- "Koga, you're a great photographer and a cool dude!" said Kimberly Kane.
- "You're a champion of the local music scene," observed Becky Stark (Lavender Diamond, The Living Sisters)
- "If the actual porns could look as good as the pics you shoot, I might start watching them," joked one publicist.