KogaPhotographer Male Los Angeles, California, US
My Website: KogaFotoMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/kogafoto
Mayhem # 227668
- Photo District News (PDN) / Billboard's Ultimate Music Moment 2011 (Professional Winner, Crowd category)
- BaconSocial @ The Factory, Los Angeles, CA (11/17/12)
- This Ain't a Scene: The Vibrant Music Community of East L.A. @ 1650 Photography Gallery & Studio Echo Park, CA (5/12 - 5/19/12)
- Tribute To The Movies @ The Satellite Silver Lake, CA (6/25/11)
- One Night Only: A Local Music Photographers Show @ Spaceland, Silver Lake, CA (10/11/10)
- Local Music Photographers Group Show @ Ballard's Artwork & Framing, Echo Park, CA (9/24 - 10/16/10)
- Month of Photography Los Angeles (MOPLA) Group Show @ Smashbox Studios, Culver City, CA (4/29 - 5/19/10)
- Exposure Group Show @ Where Gallery, Silver Lake, CA (2/27 - 3/20/09)
A Los Angeles native, Koga is an award-winning photojournalist who covers the local music scene and adult industry. His subjects are a veritable who's-who of rising stars from the "Eastside" indie rock and singer-songwriter genres, and many of the adult film actresses he has photographed have challenged the stereotypical notion of what a pornstar is.
Friend of XBIZ and Fleshbot as well as Buzz Bands and LAist, Koga has been on-set for several adult and mainstream productions, including porn parodies of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Star Trek," "Star Trek: The Next Generation," "The X-Files," "Seinfeld," "The Simpsons," "Tron," "Reservoir Dogs," "Revenge of the Nerds," "The Justice League," and "Sailor Moon," not to mention the critically-acclaimed American comedic web series "The Guild" starring Felicia Day.
Koga's photographs have been published in Photo District News, Los Angeles Times, L.A. Weekly, Los Angeles Business Journal, Business Insider, Metromix, AVN, XBIZ, and Penthouse.
- "Koga, you're a great photographer and a cool dude!" said Kimberly Kane.
- "You're a champion of the local music scene," observed Becky Stark (Lavender Diamond, The Living Sisters)
- "If the actual porns could look as good as the pics you shoot, I might start watching them," joked one publicist.