NOTE: If I don't reply over here, please contact me on email@example.com or through my Facebook page. There you can also see a better sample of my portfolio. Sometimes I forget logging in due to busyness. Thanks!
***Facebook: "Gunnhildur B. Make Up Artist"
// My name is Gunnhildur Birna, called Gunny, and I work as a Professional Freelance Makeup Artist based in Iceland. I graduated with highest grade from MOOD Make Up School 2011, specializing in Fashion-, TV- and Photographic makeup and working with MAC. I also took an Airbrush course at MOOD working with TEMPTU Airbrush.
I've worked with model agencies, companies and TV, done editorials for magazines, campaigns and done makeup on women for their weddings/annual celebrations/fitness tournaments etc. I also worked as a retail sales manager for Bobbi Brown in Iceland for a year. Currently I work freelance as well as for L'Oreal/Maybelline/Real Techniques (and other). I use the best possible products.
If you need a makeup artist for a projoect (or for yourself), send me a message or an email.
Among others I've collaborated with (since 2011):
Magazines and websites:
- ELLE Singapore. September 2014. Photographer: Justin Wu.
- Masculin Journal (austria). August 2014. Photographer: Marcel Gonzalez
- Vikan magazine- Fashion spread. Photographer: Ao Thor
- Lifið Heil magazine- cover and spread. Photographer: Jón Heiðar
-Dea Magazine- Fashion Spread. Photographer: Tinna Schram
-Morgunblaðið, Icelandic newspaper. Editorial and article about the spring colors from Bobbi Brown.
-Playboy Italia- Photospread. Photographed by Arnold Björnsson.
-Mannlíf Magazine- Fashion Spreads and makeup for the editor's photo.
-The Balde in Spain (magazine) - Fashion Spread. Photographed by Tomasz Þór Veruson. Design by Nerea Lurgain.
-Fréttatíminn newspaper- Article
-www.verameat.com - Editorial for Verameat jewelry
-www.infront.is- Fashion Spread with Agnes Björt (singer of Icelandic band Sykur)
-www.pjatt.is- Photo Spread and countless articles
- Sagafilm- TV Advertisement for Isavia (a flight company)
- Sagafilm- TV Advertisement- Ólympíufjölskyldan (before the Olympics in 2012)
- Sagafilm- TV Advertisement- KSÍ (For a campaign)
- Sagafilm- Assistant for a course
Advertisement and campaigns
- Editorial for Masculin Journal, including looks from Canadian Goose and many more.
- Editorial for Elle Singapore, including looks from Chanel, Dolce&Gabbana, Tom Ford, Hermés and many more.
-Editorial for Vera Balyura, designer for Verameat Jewelry in Brooklyn, New York and Beverly Hills. Photographed by Jeaneen Lund. www.verameat.com
- Iceland Spring Campaign- Photographed by Berglind Jack
-CD cover- Ljómandi Jól- Ólafur Már Svavarsson (Christmas album)
-Eskimo Models agency- Makeup on many projects as well as a guest lecturer at model courses three years in a row.
-RFF- Reykjavík Fashion Festival 2012 (assistant)
-EUWIIN Fashion Show 2011 (assistant)
-Arion Banki annual celebration (assistant)
-Matís staff photos. Photographed by Lalli Sig.
- Fitness makeup for IFBB and WBFF fitness tournaments- Long list of clients
- Bridal Makeup - Long list of clients
Photographers (among others):
Justin Wu http://www.jwuphoto.com/
Marcel Gonzalez-Ortiz www.gonzalez-ortiz.com
Michele Yong- www.micheleyong.com
Yuriy and Julia Manchik- www.themanchiks.com
Tinna Schram www.tinnaschram.com
Jeaneen Lund www.jeaneenlund.com
Annie Bertram www.anniebertram.com
Lalli Sig www.lallisig.is
Arnold Björnsson www.arnold.is
Tomasz Þór Veruson www.tomz.se
If you're looking for a makeup artist in Iceland (also willing to travel for other jobs), please send me an email! (see address below)
Page (on facebook): "Gunnhildur B. Make Up Artist"
See some of the projects I've done in BIO
MOOD Make Up School 2011- Fashion, TV and Photographic makeup - Highest grade (9,7 out of 10)
MOOD Make Up School 2012- Airbrush course with TEMPTU airbrush products