About Me~~~~~~~~~~Before sending a Friend Request, leave a comment. I want to know what grabbed your attention, or why you want to be friends.~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I first met this young dude at a model contest here in Nigeria and what caught my attention about him was his raw and total passion for modelling.I was surprised to hear from the organizers that he came all the way down from the U.S to be part of a contest he merely saw on Facebook, right in Nigeria, without even giving a hoot about the cost of conveying himself to and from Nigeria or the distance as long as he fulfills his ultimate goal. And although he didn’t win, he was a winner already in my heart.
Meet Renaissance Rivers, a 21yrs old African American with a strong maternal lineage from the Gold Coast…Ghana.. and he undoubtedly refers himself as a Ghanaian any day anytime even in his own words….
“I am an African-American but my mother’s ancestry is from Ghana. So even though I am not considered a Ghanaian citizen by papers because of my birthplace is in the United States, I am a true Ghanaian in spirit and I will make a great representative for Ghana. Based on my internationally oriented education, I have the ability to create global awareness.”
Currently residing in the U.S and studying at Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia majoring in International Studies(Business Marketing/Economics) and also a minor in Fashion Marketing, Renaissance Rivers has been modelling since he was in second year of High school as a freelancer. One of his career highpoint was winning Mr Photogenic Africa 2011 as well as the 1st runner-up at the Model of Africa competition which was held here in Nigeria….
He lives by these quotes which he claims have been his own words of wisdom.
-“When on the runway, let the walk look natural to the camera but to the trained
eye let us see u are a trained model”……Kwame Asante
-“Man the Living Creature, The Creating Individual, is always more important than any established style or system”……Bruce Lee
-“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them”……….Bruce Lee
Credits• “SO YOU THINK YOU CAN MODEL” Modeling Competition (Contestant) U.S.-Spring 2012
• Posh Snob Clothing Men’s Spring/Summer Line- Web Editorial ( Face of Spring/Summer 2012) U.S.-Spring/Summer 2012
• Bill Hallman “Alt’r EGO” Charity Fashion Show U.S. – Spring 2012
• Foxx Models International Model Conference- Orlando, FL (Participant) U.S.- Fall 2011
• Morehouse/Spelman College University Homecoming (Culmination) Fashion Show U.S.- Fall 2011
• Clark Atlanta University University Homecoming (7 Deadly Sins) Fashion Show U.S. Fall 2011
• “ (1st Annual ) Model of Africa 2011” (1ST RUNNER-UP 2011 & MR. PHOTOGENTIC AFRICA 2011) Nigeria-Summer 2011
• ISA (International Student Association) International Ball Fashion Show Ghana- Spring 2011
• AfroChic Clothing Men’s Spring/Summer 2011 Line- Web Editorial (Face of Spring/Summer 2011) Ghana- Spring/Summer 2011