I am a member of Modelmayhem's theLIST
... hand-selected seasoned photographers who donate time to help new models enhance their portfolio. Interested in entering the New Model of the Month
contest? I will create a comp card
free of charge for all entrants. Some of my expanded portfolios
can be viewed here. Drop me a note if you are interested.
My passion for photography originated over 25 years ago with the birth of digital media. A simple Sony Mavica allowed endless opportunities to shoot, delete, and try again. After many cameras and hundreds of thousands of clicks from San Francisco to Moscow, I've honed my craft to capture emotion, personality, and intensity from each subject. Whether in a studio or working with an outdoor canvas, I strive to create eye-catching images and make each session unique.
For those pursuing modeling opportunities, comp cards are an essential marketing tool and a required handout for prospective clients and agencies. For $69, using your photos, or $129 including a photo session, I will create you an industry standard 5.5"X8.5" double-sided comp card. Click the photo below to view a sample. I can also work with you to create 9"X12" prints for your portfolio book.
What to expect…
• I have a relentless passion to achieve memorable images. While paid assignments take priority, my creative outlets include TFP opportunities such as themed casting calls or helping a promising new comer with their portfolio. Otherwise, my rates are very reasonable. Talk to me, I am sure we can strike a deal. Questions are welcomed so DO NOT be shy. The only bad question is the one you don’t ask.
• Typical comments about my shoots include fun, collaborative, professional, and sometimes exhausting … we will work hard to create great images. If desired, I will provide as much guidance and coaching as possible. The model’s comfort level is paramount in attaining good results, so you may bring a friend/chaperon, just please no entourages.
• Foremost, we are BOTH committing our valuable time. I welcome all interested, professional, and genuine people, newbies or experienced! Please understand that hours of preparation go into each shoot and last minute cancellations or no-shows are costly and unprofessional. Once we agree to participate in a shoot, we will exchange contact numbers to discuss details, updates, or last minute changes. Without a contact number, I will not schedule a shoot.
If there is a reason I cannot be on time, I will let you know as soon as possible and I expect the same courtesy in return.
• Unless otherwise noted, you should plan to do your own hair, make-up, and nails. Bring your selection of outfits and accessories discussed in preparation for the shoot. The more choices we have, the better. If you have a certain look you are going for, let me know. I enjoy new ideas and collaborating.
• A signed photo release is required and provides both parties with equal permission for self-promotion. For most TFP shoots, I select and provide 20-40 of the best images. I deliver them via Dropbox.com in a jpeg format, embossed with my logo, and sized for Model Mayhem posting. I will provide selected larger images without my logo for comp cards and portfolio books, just ask. Typical delivery is 1-3 weeks… I am as anxious to hear your feedback, as you are to receive them so I promise to get them to you as soon as possible.
• Limits – I always adhere to the model’s discretion - everybody has different limits. I will never make you do something beyond your level of comfort. Prior to shoots, we will discuss the desired looks, outfits, location, etc… no surprises. When in doubt, please ask. Communicate, communicate, communicate and everyone is a winner!
• Good Things to Remember
Its all about the eyes by Joe Edelman
Models I have worked with recently
"Jeff it was a pleasure working with you! I appreciate all of your help with coaching and putting some awesome outfits together that made the pictures even better. Jeff is very talented and made the experience very relaxed and enjoyable."
"Working with you was great Jeff, you made me feel very comfortable and guided me to make the shots more AMAZING with posing and expressions. It was an honor to work with you, and so much fun. I was more than happy with the work you did, the shots turned out FANTASTIC. Thank you Jeff I hope to work with you again very soon:)"
"Jeff contacted me through model mayhem to do a shoot in Kansas City. I was very skeptical to shoot with a new face especially one off the Internet coming all the way from Connecticut. Jeff instantly made me feel comfortable through text and phone calls. He took time out of his busy day to prepare me an entire week before my shoot! Jeff is organized and works hard. He was very patient with me and focused on getting the best shot every time. Jeff is experienced, professional and easy to work with. I wish I could work with him on the regular. Thanks Jeff you rock!"
"Jeff is an amazing photographer to work with. He had many concept ideas set up for our photo shoot even before I had gotten to the studio which made the shoot go very smooth. The final pictures gave me a wide variety to add to my portfolio! We had a lot of fun collaborating and I look forward to working with him again! -Belle"
"Excellent work!! Even though he is not from Kansas City, he figured out how to capture the beauty in the city. I had a lot of fun, was very comfortable the whole time and we came out with some awesome shots that really expanded my portfolio. He made me look like a strong, beautiful, courageous woman in all of my photos."
"Amazing photographer friendly, cool, very comfortable to work with. Great quality pictures. Will love the outcome of the images. Strives to perfect every image, a very recommended photographer"
"They are awesome! It was a fun. Thank you for including me:)
Very fashion magazine type looking images LOVE IT"
Kay C T