Please take note of the Credits section of my page, especially those individuals who I DO NOT recommend working with!
Hi, I'm David H., a photographer in the New River Valley. Thanks for visiting my MM profile!
I'm will only consider TFP work as long as the concept or model is one I'm particularly interested in adding to my portfolio. I always welcome the opportunity to branch out and to collaborate on fresh ideas. Otherwise my fee is negotiable and depends on several factors: the length of the shoot, the theme/concept, the expenses involved (particularly travel), and the time used for post-shoot editing.
I look forward to hearing from and meeting many like-minded and creative individuals with a penchant for fresh concepts and a willingness to collaborate to bring them to fruition, and also continue to develop my talent in an effort to create lasting, beautiful, artful images.
That said, read this before we work together (Revised 9/09/14):
1. Yes, I support models being escorted to a shoot (if they so desire) by ONE (1) person of their choosing with a few basic concessions: a. OK it with me first b. No surprises, or no shoot c. as long as he/she does not intrude or distract from the shoot. If they abide by that rule and are willing to helpfully assist in some way, by holding/carrying a reflector or equipment, etc. I'm glad to have them along.
2. Please make sure your significant other/family are 100% on-board with your modeling ambitions. I cannot shoot with models who need third-party approval.
3. I edit quickly and typically have shots back to the model within a short time period after the shoot (depending on backlog) via various forms of media. (Most often online these days using the program "Dropbox".) Another option is a CD with two files, one with the high quality files and another with smaller website/social media friendly files. You can also give me a USB Flash drive or an SD card that I'll return to you. (At this time I do not offer print services.)
4. Under United States copyright law, all photographs are under copyright to Bit By Bit Photography. After the shoot is finished, and the photos are selected and edited, I reserve the right to use the photos as I choose UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED TO BY CONTRACT. The model WILL be granted usage rights to those photos given to them. DO NOT request that I remove a photo from my Model Mayhem portfolio unless it in some way poses a risk to you (Ex. Losing a job, etc.). I go through every effort to choose photos that I feel best represents the model and my work.
5a. It takes a lot of work to set up a shoot. I have no tolerance for people who don't respect my time or can't follow basic protocol. If you want to be taken seriously as a model, take me seriously as a photographer. When you commit to a shoot, please show up, and show up on time. If you have a problem and can't make it, please let me know before the day of the shoot. Not promptly responding to messages, emails or texts will result in automatic cancellation of a shoot.
I completely understand that there are sometimes some circumstances in which shoots must be cancelled. Big deal kind of stuff. Such as being hospitalized, your entire family (immediate and extended) dying in a fiery plane crash in Himalayas, etc. Still, there’s a little part of me that gets ticked off no matter *what* the reason is. So you can imagine how I feel when I know there’s lying involved.
5b. I can’t stand wishy-washiness. If you approach me about doing a shoot, I automatically take you seriously. If you’re not serious about being in front of my camera and want to do things on your whim, don’t bother.
5c. The Model Mayhem messaging system allows users to see whether or not their messages have been read by the recipient. If I've seen that you've read my message without any sort of acknowledgement, I'll take that as you having less than adequate respect of my time and talents, and you'll be moved to the bottom of my priority list.
6. If we discuss doing a particular concept for a shoot, and then I spend time, effort, and possibly money preparing (including travel expenses) for that shoot, and then you, the model decides that’s not what we’re going to be shooting at the time of the shoot… then I’m done. We’re not shooting. Unless you have a better concept that we can immediately pull together that is absolutely MIND BLOWING. (Highly unlikely.)