Mayhem # 2770036
About MeTHE BASICS AS A MODEL:
Yes...my bio is long; I am a sophisticated, complex being. I have it split into groups; compensation and contact info can be found at the bottom...
My real name is Britt, my artist name is Cali.
If I were to pick the most notable thing about myself, it's that I love to smile. I pride myself on expressing all my emotions very well physically, but I am a very fun loving, happy person that feels at my most natural when I am smiling :)
I don't like to put my goals out there much, because although I have a strong few I continue working toward everyday, change is constant, and I am happily a jack of all trades. Some days I am just as comfortable behind the camera as I am in front of it! I love expressing myself in all sorts of creative ways, from modeling to drawing, writing sci-fi to cooking, or just attracting all different kinds of wonderful people into my life. My personality is always hungry for the creative, artful, unusual or challenging.
What do I want from this site? To get my name out there as a model. It's something I've wanted to pursue for many years!
To pick a style to describe myself would just be unfair. I am very eclectic and have a high appreciation for anything that stands out with stylish or artful originality, be it dark and grungy, or sweet and light. My natural styles vary from day to day but seem to lean toward jean and skirt basics, especially in high heels. Some days I'm punky, rocker, gothic, badass that loves tattoos and snakes, hippy, bohemian, laid back, a tiny doe-eyed sweetheart, sometimes dressed in such a way that just can't be labeled. I'm a try-anything-once kind of girl, and style goes with that territory. I feel at home in just about anything.
I do have and love tattoos, though I'm trying to keep mine subtle and feminine (two small dragons and a sun tattoo on my belly, and a small green Celtic knot on the back of my neck).
Another notable thing about me is that I love nature and all she has to offer. I am very much at home in the dirt or mud, climbing rocks and trees, splashing around in creeks, in the rain, or with or around animals of any kind. And I love the challenge of hanging on to my femininity in the process.
I'm a very hungrily creative person with very different, creative, colorful outlooks on life, and I love all things bright or dark, unusual, artistic, or even somewhat taboo. Especially in the renaissance, nature-lover, cosplay, and gothic communities :)
I may have little experience with professional photographers as of yet, but I am hoping this site is the place to start. Also, I am very expressionate, easy to get along with, and always look forward to a challenge! I would really love to start my modeling career here.
I'm up for all kinds of different styles and shots, though I would like to eventually portray these natural parts of my personality:
(Concept photos can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3723056356260.136985.1271382079&type=3)
- The traditional artist in me. A very paint covered art desk with paper in front of me, in a bandana as a top and jean shorts or skirt covered in paint splatters and splotches of all colors, strongest colors in white, green, blue, purple, maybe oranges? Maybe in a grafitti covered room with nothing else?
-Horses. They are my favorite animal and I am very comfortable around them. Marrying the sight of two of the most beautiful creatures in nature, woman and equine beast together in photography, to me just seems positively delightful :)
- Disney princess like Belle from Beauty and the Beast, or Rapunzel from Tangled (very close personality matches, and my inner child is a huge Disney fan!). Though I would want a personal, original, non-cliche spin of some kind on this.
- A man's dress shirt and dark mono-toned tie, maybe with a short business skirt or boy shorts and business heels?
- Elven goddess, elven anything really. I am a huge fan :)
- Drow, or silver toned drow/elf mix woman (it's a character in a book I've been working on)
- Medieval warrior woman (I have many different kinds of medieval weaponry of my own)
- Dorothy of Oz
- Creepy living porcelain doll with sort of a grungy/vintage setting, maybe with exaggerated face paint?
- Traveling gypsy/hippy from 1400-1700's (Maybe shoot here: http://www.ravenwoodcastle.com/accomodations.html#wagons)
- Wild wilderness girl/jungle girl, perhaps with mud on arms and legs and face, or naturally hand forged weapons like bows and small knives?
- Diablo 2 assassin
- Coyote furry - I have (fake) coyote ears and real tail. Several looks; from feral, emotionless huntress k-nine to more anime/cartooned, softer, plushie furry side. Open to all kinds of neat interpretations of the wolf/coyote in my personality.
- Mysterious woman in golds and browns at the shore of a dark lake with python? (I have a friendly photogenic ball python, if you're not afraid of docile pet snakes)
- Vintage 1900's independent woman with netting hat
- Creep show carny?
- Fair maiden lost in the woods
- Steampunk barmaid
-Pondering tree nymph
-Post-apocalyptic, maybe slight steampunkish or similar to Alice from the most recent Resident Evil movies?
- Horror scene covered in fake blood splatters whether implying my own injuries or someone elses, in a dilapidated building and ratty clothing
-Full body paint blending with the wall but coming out of it with raw form and a play of light coming in from the side perhaps? Something artful on the wall (like a stick-on wall vector) that is also painted on me coming off of it - silhouetted flowers, cherry blossoms on a branch maybe, a modern design, or something along those lines?
I am a BIG fan of all things fantasy and sci-fi. I would love to do a lot of cosplay stuff, I have tons of fun role playing with friends, though I do not own any cosplay costumes yet of my own. I have an overflowing imagination and a happy, well-fed inner child. I would definitely love help bringing those features forward into my portfolio, so let me know if you are interested in taking up any of those challenges! If you are interested, please let me know if you have any clothes or accessories or can get a hold of such items to help make them possible. My supplies are limited.
- I am likely to bring an escort with me. If I do, he/she will not interrupt our creative process and can wait outside any studio if asked.
- Someone will also always know of my whereabouts.
- I may "check in" with someone from time to time depending on where and how long the shoot is.
- I may reference models you have shot with in the past - it will be random choices. These are all for my safety only and will not cost any precious time or unnecessary energy. These are simple things I would suggest to any model of any experience level, to no offense to sincere photographers out there.
It's not a requirement, but I would really appreciate a public/coffee meet somewhere with photographer first, to discuss the shoot(s) and just reach a more comfortable social status first. It will really free up a lot of tension during the shoot!
When asked to do a shoot, I am serious about showing up and trying to give you the very best of anything you ask for, cold or hot, scary, boring or just not my thing. However, any shoots I do should be fun or relaxed and patient. Modeling and photography was an ART before it became a job or obsession.
I accept nothing less than TFCD or TFP. I'm not going to show up to a shoot flowing with energy, a hard-earned shapely body, passion and seriousness as model to "just get the experience of being a model for a day." I am a very fun loving girl, but I like to be taken seriously. After the first shoot, I will expect pay that I will discuss with you later, based on how long the shoot is expected to be, perhaps how racy I'm expected to be (there is a very defined line between what I will and won't do, just ask), how long the drive is, etc. I am a busy girl, this is my only source of income at the moment, and I am really trying to build a tasteful portfolio.
Messaging me here is the easiest way for me to keep track of all things modeling. You are more than welcome to have my email if you ask for it AFTER I've established a model/photographer relationship with you. That is for the sole purpose of easy file sharing. Otherwise, if asked for in the first message to me, I will be suspicious of your intentions.
Up front, I will want to know if you are offering any compensation besides TFCD or TFP, what kind of shoot you are wanting me for, if you are expecting any nudity and how much, what you would be using the shots for if not just for building your portfolio, etc. You know, the necessities.
I am also on Facebook:
Note that all friend requests without a message attached will be ignored. I am on there frequently and you can find many more photos of me and much more of my personality there!