Luis MurphyPhotographer Male West Hollywood, California, US
My Website: Luis Murphy PhotographyMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/Luismontero
Mayhem # 2813075
Professional photographer with many years of experience. Specializing in fashion, runway, editorial, artistic shoots. Travel around the world 8 months a year and spend quite a bit of time in Australia.
Please feel free to enquire regarding tests at these locations during these dates.
Work mainly as a private photographer for the owner of an Australia based company. I travel with the owner covering his events and doing live photo shoot presentations as well as covering Melbourne Spring Fashion Week every August.
If your profile says you have years of experience modeling then I'll be expecting to see years worth of photos in your portfolio. I don't have a problem working with inexperienced models I do however have a problem with inexperienced model that lie about their experience because it will all come out when you're in front of my camera.
I only add people to my friends list that I have worked with or want to work with or keep in touch with. If you have poor quality photos or if your portfolio looks like it belongs to a hooker I will deny you and block you.
I don't exchange comments on photos and I delete "rad port" messages.
I'm only looking to work with quality professionals and I'm very selective. If you have exceptional looks and little experience I might consider doing a TFP.
TIPS FOR MODELS
1. Only show your best work in your portfolio. You need to be ruthless with your portfolio. It is best to have fewer good/strong photos than lots of weak photos.
2. You can judge how good or bad your portfolio is by watching how it is viewed at a casting call. Agents/photographers will linger over good photos, and scan quickly through or ignore bad ones.
3. Always bring your comp card to a casting call
4. And always, always bring your portfolio
5. Always be on time!
6. Read casting calls carefully and only respond to those for which you are fully qualified.
7. Don't answer casting calls for which you are not qualified so you won't waste your time and the photographer's time.
8. Do not try and negotiate travel money after you've been cast for the shoot. If travel is an issue say so when you first respond to the shoot.
If you try and negotiate additional compensation after you've been cast for a shoot you will be blocked.
Social Media Links
KEVIN.MURPHY COLOR.ME Campaign Prague, Czech Republic October 2014
KEVIN.MURPHY Campaign, Australia 2015
Minority Report editorial, Culture Magazine, Australia December 2013 issue
74Hair Bible, Germany, December issue 2013
Day Club editorial, Culture Magazine, Australia December issue 2014
Editorial, Beauty Launch Pad, December issue 2014
Company of Men, group exhibition, Melbourne, Australia January 2014
Company of Men, group exhibition, Melbourne, Australia January 2015