My MM portfolio is a little dated. Please visit my blog for recent model shoots
. Currently, I am reworking my fashion portfolio with agency models to represent styles for the south Florida market.
I am a commercial and fine art photographer working in Miami, FL. I tend to bid work where I have full control of the project which includes selection of models through graphic design of the final product (brochure, catalog, etc.). When I propose work to clients, I share my portfolio of fashion photography and frequently recommend models from my portfolio. It is rare that I will select a model with whom I have never worked. The way I get experience working with models is through test shoots and fashion shoots hosted at my studio.
I am constantly raising the bar for myself. I have more models contacting me for TF work than I could possibly shoot. If I don't contact you about a TF shoot, it does not mean that you are not a good model -- it does mean that I am either too busy or I didn't see something that would raise the bar in my portfolio. If you want to shoot, look over my work and propose a concept that will raise the bar. If you really want me to shoot you, I am available for hire and have model packages starting at $300.
If you are a model and would like to work with me, I ask the following:
1. Be professional. When we schedule a shoot, show up on time with everything requested in your model bag.
2. Don't ask me for a CD of all the shots. I may shoot 200+ images to get the few exceptional shots that represent the best of our work. I will professionally retouch the best shots and provide you with web ready images for your online portfolio and social media sites. And PLEASE don't even think about Photoshoping my images yourself.
3. Be prepared to sign a full model release using your real name. If you want to get published then I need the greatest flexibility in submitting to magazines and contests.
4. Send me your phone number and email address so I can get in touch with you on short notice. If something unexpected happens, we need to be able to get in touch quickly to resolve it -- I'm not calling to ask you for a date (I'm married).
5. If you are booked for a shoot, don't flake. Consider your commitment to be a verbal (legal) contract as well as a representation of your professional ethics. Even if Oprah calls you to be on her show, you can schedule it when you don't already have a commitment and she will respect you more for it.
I began my life long passion for photography in elementary school. With a Brownie camera from my father, I took immediate interest in photographing friends and family. During high school, I had my own darkroom and enjoyed photography classes where I was taught the "zone system" and the technical disciplines of Edward Weston and Ansel Adams. In my freshman year at the University of Florida, one of my still life photos won second place in a juried competition. While pursuing my BSBA degree, my photographic style was further influenced by the, now famous, avant-garde style of surrealistic photography introduced by photography chairman, Jerry Uelsmann.
After graduation, I developed interest in color photography focusing on family, friends and travel. In 2005, I determined that digital photography had advanced to the point that it was a viable medium and decided to develop skills in the digital darkroom. I attended night classes at the Art Institute of Atlanta where I met Perry Dilbeck and studied under his mentorship.
I have also studied under fashion photographer Bruce Smith, National Geographic photographers William Albert Allard and David Alan Harvey, fine art photographer Elizabeth Opalenik, natural history photographer Ralph Lee Hopkins. I have served as a photographer's assistant, setting up lighting and coaching photographers at Rolando Gomez's USVI glamor workshop. I have been mentored by Chip Simone and Mark Maio through my affiliation with the Atlanta Photography Group and the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP).
MORE OF MY WORK
Visit my blog: www.samdobrow.com
Fine Art Photography: http://samdobrowphotography.com
Below are some (dated) samples of my style (visit my blog for more recent work
Brooke (Fashion Editorial - Hair/Beauty)
Brook & Zoe (Fashion Editorial - Conceptual)
Jenna Lexon (Beauty - Makeup/Hair)
Natalia (Beauty - Fashion)
CharlieQ (Editorial Fashion - Colors)
Rohen (Editorial Fashion - Low Key/Studio)
Rosie (Fine Art)
Scarlaa (Fine Art Nude)