Robert SzaboPhotographer Male Graham, North Carolina, US
My Website: Wet Plate Collodion PhotographyMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/robertszabo
Mayhem # 558643
I am a photographer using the 19th century wet plate process. I produce tintypes, ambrotypes and glass negatives. I have been pouring collodion plates for 12 years. In 2005 one of my Civil War Reenactor portraits appeared on the cover of National Geographic Magazine. I’ve done commercial work for various companies including Jack Daniels and my work has appeared in several historical documentaries. I shoot mainly portraits and my fine art work hangs in many private collections.
The wet plate process is very difficult to master but as you can see by my work I have a good handle on the process. I currently live in Southwest Virginia but travel often to Kansas City, MO where I have a wonderfully lit studio to work out of in the Crossroads District. I am on the road a lot shooting on location.
If you think what I do would be beneficial to your portfolio please contact me.
Most of my work is with the 19th century wet plate collodion process, however, I also shoot digital using Canon equipment.
- Simple Life Magazine Summer 2012 Article about me with many images.
- National Geographic Traveler Article June/July 2012 Issue
- Parade Magazine - April 10, 2011 Cover shot of Robert Redford
- Pirates Magazine - Spring 2009 Article about me.
- National Geographic Traveler Magazine
- National Geographic Magazine - Cover April 2005
- Jack Daniels Squires Calendar 2006
- Book Jacket Cover "The March" EL Doctrow (UK Printing)
- National Television Commercial B&W Trailer Hitches
- History Channel "10 Days That Changed America"
- Yosemite - Magazine of the Yosemite Society
- Soldier "A Visual History of the Fighting Man"
- The Byrne Gallery Middleburg, Virginia