Dan Monick; Music and editorial photographer. Echo Park, CA 11/15/07 - Currently working with.
OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD (*Recent* shots):
• The Mood
• Alexander Conquistador
• Look Mexico
• May Day Parade
• Gray Kid - Music Video Shoot
• Sofia Talvik
• Rock and Roll
• Mike Mead (a friend of mine)
• Molly Gottschalk (DAZED AND CONFUSED MAGAZINE)
SOME OF MY CURRENT RESUME:
HEAD MAGAZINE; New York and London based.
• Issue 53: 10 photos published in January 2008 issue.
• Issue 51: 10 photos published in November 2007 issue.
• Issue 46: 9 photos published in June 2007 issue.
Launching the Imagination; A Comprehensive Guide to Basic Design Due 2008
• Photograph published in a standard college textbook of sculptor, Samuel Yates.
Outburn; “Head, Shoulder, Knees, & Toes,” Issue 40, Thousand Oaks CA 9/08
• Photograph of the band MAY DAY PARADE published in a leading music magazine representing the rock, metal, punk, hardcore, and indie music mainstream.
City Hall Gallery; Tallahassee FL 06/07-07/07
• Showcasing: 11, 20x30 color photographs as a part of an art exhibit sponsored by Council on Culture and Arts an art agency.
Light Leaks Low Fidelity Magazine; “Me, Photographer, and Subject,” Ottawa Canada 5/07
• Self-portrait photo published in an independent magazine of toy and low-fi photographers.
Kodak-Eastman Scholarship; Tallahassee FL 08/06-04/07
Bob Knight Photo, Inc.; Tallahassee FL 04/21/06-05/26/07
• Worked as an event photographer specializing in special event photography, and public relations photography, which included candid, behind-the-scenes shots.
Photographer’s Forum; “Best of Photography Annual 2006,” Santa Barbara CA 12/06
• Photograph published in the 2006 edition of the “Best of Photography” hard bound issue. Photo was among the top 5% finalist entries of 20,000 submissions to the Photographer’s Forum magazine’s 26th Annual Spring Photography Contest.
Photofest: Tallahassee Regional; Tallahassee, FL
• An annual juried exhibition of fine art photography sponsored by Tallahassee/Leon County Cultural Resources Commission. Photos are displayed for approximately two months.
• Photofest 2007: 3 color photographs.
• Photofest 2006: Color photograph and traditional black and white photograph.
• Photofest 2005: 2 traditional black and white photographs; Honorable Mention.
• Photofest 2004: Traditional black and white photograph; Second Place Overall.
Cut Cords: Photo Babies Come Home; Tallahassee FL 09/05-09/05
• Works by invited artists whose common bond is passion for photography nurtured in its infancy.
• During this by-invitation-only exhibition, had 7, 18x31 digital captures that were manipulated through Adobe Photoshop CS2 based upon experimentation and breaking the boundaries between real life and illusion.
• Designed personal portfolio web site using Dreamweaver MX 2004; www.shelbyduncan.com
Eyrie 2004 and 2005 Literary Art Magazine; Tallahassee Community College, Tallahassee FL
• 3 different black and white prints published in both the 2004 and 2005 Eyrie issues.
Publications Office; Tallahassee FL 12/05
• Served as a member of a photography team. Responsible for shooting action shots to be used as art in the upcoming company publications.
Fine Art For Life Tattoos; Tallahasse FL 04/04-05/04
• Presented 10, 11x14, traditional black and white photographs for a gallery opening.