West Michigan ModelPhotographer No gender Grand Rapids, Michigan, US My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/westmichigan
Mayhem # 679476
** Alert for all New Models:
Recently there have been a few people on this site posing as professional photographers. Some are possibly on the Sex Offender List. Please be aware that just because someone has a profile and some pictures you like, does not mean that person is legitimate. Anyone can steal pictures and claim they took them. I have had others steal my pictures claiming such. Anyone can also claim they are professional.
To avoid problems, do the following:
DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME, or any part of it as your profile name or anywhere in your profile. This is not facebook, there are no privacy filters. Anyone can access anything about you if they have your name or parts of it.
Always ask for the photographer's website and references.
Always bring an escort if you have not worked with the photographer before.
Google: Michigan Sex Offender Registry, put in the zip code or city where the photographer supposedly lives and check him/her out.
Never meet a photographer alone or give out your phone number unless you know the photographer is legit.
Check with the Better Business Bureau or Chamber of Commerce to verify.
You may want to only deal with full-time, certified professional photographers.
You can get a list from the PPA, Professional Photographers of America and or
The National Association of Photoshop Professionals.
Model and Talent Photographer, specializing in environmental, outdoor, beach and on location portraiture.
Specializing in portfolios for models in West Michgan for over 20 years.
Rates - dependent on venue and time.
I have been in the portrait business for over 20 years and own my own professional photography studio with an A+ business rating. I also have a large outdoor "portrait park".
I specialize in Model portfolios, weddings and high school seniors.
Looking forward to working with you soon on any project you have in mind.
* * Professional Photoshop touch-ups are are available for a fee to other models and photographers.
Contact me for a quote on images you would like touched up.
* * More info for aspiring Models:
Get rid of your cell phone and unprofessional pictures off your site as soon as possible. No one will hire you with such amateur looking pictures. Find a professional photographer who will do some decent pictures for you as soon as possible.
** I only work with RELIABLE, professional models, and new models that are very serious and reliable. Unfortunately, I've found after photographing lots of models on this site, that most so called "models" on here are flakes. They say one thing and do another and their descriptions in their profiles are not accurate. Don't even bother contacting me if you are not 100% reliable and honest.
In other words, if you don't have a car or one that breaks down on the day of your appointment, or make up excuses on the day of your appointment, don't bother rescheduling. If you book an appointment, you must confirm by phone one day ahead.
I do not pay models, unless it is for some big time commercial shoot. If someone offers to pay you, make sure you get a contract in front of you before even considering to show up.
I will however do tfp a few times a year with exceptional models.
** Warning to new models: (more)
There are many so-called photographers on this site that claim to be professionals. Anyone with a camera can make that claim. And with the overabundance of digital cameras out there now, everyone and their brother thinks they are a pro. So check out all photographers completely before you work with them. Some even steal other people's pictures and put them on their site and call them their own.
* * SCAMS - There are tons of fakes and scammers on this site. Read MM's "Guide to scams", it has tons of great advise for new models and old ones too!
* * Guides and tips for new models:
1 - Make sure the photographer is actually a professional. Thoroughly check out his photos on the site and on his own website. Contact other models whom he has worked with for recommendations.
2 - Make sure he gets you all your photos to you within at least 7 days.
3 - Get a copy of any "model release" he has you sign. Bring your own written contract that you agreed on and have him sign it. (You have a right to have him sign yours, after all you are signing his!)
4 - Always bring someone with you unless you have checked out the photographer completely.
5 - Contact the photographer one day ahead of time to confirm your appointment.
* * Only communicate with those photographers where you have verified that they are legitimate and professional for obvious reasons. Never meet anyone alone, unless you have worked with them before for your own safety. You can verify if they are legit by asking for their business website and or contacting the Chamber of Commerce in the area or the Better Business Bureau.
**** ALL MODELS BOOKING APPOINTMENTS *** Please read:
You must CALL one day prior to your appointment to confirm. Failure to do so voids your appointment and any future appointments.
I hope this helps!
* Instructor - Professional Photographers of America.
* Member - National Association of Photoshop Professionals.
* National award winning portraits, too numerous to mention.
* Publications - Resource guide for photographers - PPA
* Several articles on High School Senior Photography and sunset beach photography.
* Seminars - PPA Super Monday Instructor 15 years.
* National Speaker on Outdoor, beach and on-location photography.
* Scott Kelby's Annual Photowalk (Photoshop) Walk Leader Grand Haven, for the past 4 years. We have donated over $300.00 so far to charity from this event!
Thanks to all who have participated every year!