Chris KPhotographer Male London, England, United Kingdom
My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/kalessin
Mayhem # 708102
* I have been out of circulation for almost two years on "other business" (no, not in jail). I am now getting back into photography so will be catching up with unfinished editing and some new castings, and am happy to be contacted for interesting projects. *
"Wisdom comes with Winters" O.W.
Aspiring but Beginner Photographer with the occasional credit (poetry book cover, website design, fashion agency), Amateur Film-maker with big dreams, Illustrator and Designer with a few online scores, and mostly Musician, Songwriter and Writer with some kind of Track Record ... always looking to weave more than one of these strands together - Words and Pictures, Music and Film, Theatre and Image, Sounds and Words, Form and Meaning. Not always technically perfect, but at least artistically committed, open-minded and intense, Under No Illusions but with the intent of creating Beautiful Illusions. Old-School Aesthetics with New Contexts, an Old Dog with a few New Tricks.
Currently learning Spanish, writing songs, looking for Flamenco dancers to film and faces to photograph, stalled at Chapter 2 of the novel for now, but moving ahead with making self-indulgent cinematic music that's somehow more personal and authentic, looking for singers and collaborators to take it out 'live in London', and working for charity. Fully 'retro-fitted' with high-end analog 35mm kit and playing with brand new DSLR to breathe life into the Big Ideas.
Always looking for the following: Models aged 18 and above interested in dance, fine art, classical figure shapes, stillness and intensity in portraiture, sensuality in natural light, and good quality Spanish coffee.
* Quick test video clip from my latest music shoot
* High Key test clip from the same video shoot
Have you worked with Chris K? Add Credits for Chris K! >>
I am a musician first and foremost. Photography is a non-commercial sideline that I enjoy and appreciate, but I approach all aspects of photography in a highly conscientious and committed way, from communications, managing the shoot, paperwork, through to production of final images.
FOTOSCURO / fotografia / Frequently Questioned Answers
I am not currently undertaking TF shoots, but I do post castings or offer paid shoots at competitive rates. I am happy to be approached by models seeking work of any kind, but ask that in your communication you do include details of your hourly and session rates and are clear about levels. I will keep all this information confidential.
BEFORE THE SHOOT
• For references feel free to contact any of the models I have shot directly or let me know and I will put you in touch with them. I have also been CRB checked through my work for a national blindness charity.
• Please be honest and clear about the levels you are comfortable working with. I shoot up to "high erotic", which can mean full nudity and suggestive poses but not top shelf. I will provide clear documentation of what is expected which I will expect you to confirm in advance.
• A photo ID proving you are 18 may be required; if so I will take a copy and retain in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
• I provide a Model Release (for you to sign) in advance of the shoot. Unless I am being paid or under contract, I will not shoot without a model release.
• I shoot stills and films with a range of cameras and lenses.
• I don't have any costumes or many props, so please bring whatever you think will you need. There may be MUA/s on some shoots, but you may have to do your own.
• I shoot quite slowly, closely and quietly, so it is an intense and intimate process, and not like a Pirelli calendar session; be prepared to be open, honest and expressive, to be explored, to be stretched and to experiment.
• I am happy to pick up and drop off at the nearest transport point on the day, and cover reasonable travel expenses as well as the hourly rate.
• I work on location or in a non-commercial home studio. Please be aware also it is a totally non-smoking house and garden.
• I like active communications by e-mail and telephone before the shoot, and once we are in contact I will provide my telephone details. For shoots I expect a final confirmation call at least 1-2 days before the arranged date/time.
• Happy for you to be delivered and collected by someone, but absolutely NO guests on the shoot. If you are being dropped off or collected by boyfriend/girlfriend, please be clear that they are not anywhere in sight while changing, choosing outfits, or anywhere in the shooting zone; and not expected to give advice or input. I do not want anyone holding reflectors, making tea, offering suggestions or "helping", unless they are official creative team.
• I can offer credits, links and contact details on any websites/materials where I use or place my images. In addition, I can provide written references for you on website/s and on request.
• I am sometimes able to share completed edited images or films, which will be the best results of each look/shot. This may be one or two edits, five, or none at all - I do not guarantee any pictures unless you are paying for them. IMPORTANT : Please note it is NOT possible to give you pictures straight after the shoot or even within a couple of weeks - "many months" is a more likely turnaround for completion of editing. I am very slow - probably slower than every other photographer here - not just because I give each image a lot of time and attention, and have other commitments on my time, but because I work slowly.
• All pictures are watermarked in the style of the pictures in this profile. I require that there is no editing of final images apart from re-sizing. I can provide customised images (ie. no watermarks etc.) for specific purposes for a fee.
If you have any questions just ask!