Please don't send FREQs without a reason. Msg me why. Thanks!
Out of the box photographer -- working in color infrared & full spectrum imaging I helped develop as a scientist. I am selective about models I will work with. Looking for models who have a natural look, unfettered or very distinctively fantasy/surreal aura. Attitude makes a huge difference with me.
I don't shoot typical glamour, runway or run-of-mill bikini sets. Creative models willing to go the extra mile, be open and spontaneous will get first priority. Contact me for spring shoots schedule soon.
This art form: Color infrared model photography, is my own invention, and its appeal is hate or love for most. It is photography, and not photoshopgraphy.
I do shoot traditional color and B&W as well as my flavor of infrared. Both use pro camera gear. Infrared will highlight hair, give the face a glow and cause skin to radiate softly.
My scenic work is on display and sold at a variety of galleries, and is nationally recognized as some of the best and most original infrared work. I began shooting models summer 2006 with the same technique.
My schedule gets full fast. Will consider TFCD only with exceptional models. I take my art seriously; I am not here to socialize or date (unless you are Angelina Jolie). If I contact you, it will be for a TFCD shoot.
If my images here aren't showing up (MM servers are often disfunct) check out my site linked above (below my name) or at www.surrealmodels.com .
Bio is at www.surrealcolor.com
Have you worked with Surreal Models? Add Credits for Surreal Models! >>
- Pine Creek Gallery in Old Colorado City
- Green Horse Gallery in Manitou Springs
- Photos and website featured in Shutterbug magazine
- Featured photo in the 2008 Annual Manual (Art Section, p. 53) of the Colorado Springs Independent
- Highlighted Show Calendar Event, April 3, 2008 (p. 43) in the Colorado Springs Independent
- Feature article/interview in the Colorado Springs Independent
- Mentionings of shows in The Gazette, Bon Vivant, Newspeak and more.
- Winner Amateur Division, Aspen Gold, statewide photo contest, 2007.
- Winner International DIMW maxmax Photo Contest, February 2007.
- Jury Selected for December 2008 of the International "Exhibition of Moderne Infrared Photography" calendar
* Displays and Shows-
- Salon: Reception and Gallery showing April 2008, at Smoke Brush Foundation for the Arts. Over forty framed photos on display in the Chapel of Art.
- Commercial Displays at Poor Richard's Gallery, Pikes Perk South Tejon St; Pikes Perk Powers & Research;Trina's Coffee shop.
- Rocks and Ranches: Profiled display November at Ruth Holley Library, December at Pikes Peak Penrose Library, January at - Fountain Branch Library. Featured Artist at Pikes Peak Library Jan 2007
- Feature artist at Colorado Springs Airport (COS) January - March 2007
Reina # 261381 -- A very fantastic model to work with.
MacKenzie # 236522 -- Easy and fun
Zan #156034 -- versatile, comfortable
and (no port #)