Cheryl Jacobs NicolaiPhotographer Female Denver, Colorado, US
My Website: Cheryl Jacobs Nicolai PhotographyMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/cjnicolai
Mayhem # 818858
I've been away from MM for quite some time. It was a good break. It's also nice to be back. My website is currently going through a major overhaul.
I am a full-time professional photographer working across the US, Canada, and Europe. I work exclusively with B&W film, and do all kinds of people photography including fine art, portraiture, commercial, and fashion. My work has been featured several times in Black & White Photography Magazine (UK), as well as in Kodak's ProPass Magazine and several other publications. I have taught over 500 students in 27 workshops worldwide over the past four years, and also write about photography and art.
I am a dedicated natural light shooter film shooter, and specialize in dramatic and emotive imagery. I do lots of portrait work, so that's NOT generally what I'm looking for when I work with a model. I love burlesque, vintage everything, old Hollywood, and freaks n' geeks. I love mixing various art forms.
A note to my fellow photographers
I offer extremely in-depth, one-hour "forensic" critiques via web, phone, skype, and/or in person. If you'd like to follow my blog, you'll find it at www.photodino.wordpress.com. I have also recently been featured on www.aphotoeditor.com and www.theonlinephotographer.com . Please note that these are not "model mayhem-style" critiques; they're designed to give you both broad insight into your work style and direction, as well as specific technical / practical aspects for you to concentrate on.
Here's what you should know about my shooting style:
- I believe a great portrait is a side effect of a strong human connection. I want to get to know my subjects; I want my work to show something deeper than a pretty face.
- I believe in good old-fashioned honest photography. I believe the image should look like the sitter.
- I believe in shooting from the soul, rather than following fads and trends. I don't care what's in Glamour Magazine right now. Really, I don't.
- I believe skin should look like skin. I believe in laugh lines.
- I believe substance and depth are greatly underrated these days, both in photography and in life.
- On a practical note, I believe in getting paid for my work, unless I am specifically looking for models for scheduled projects of mine. My rates are available on request and depend on the nature and scope of the shoot. I do TFP on a very limited basis, however please don't hesitate to drop me a line if you think our work would benefit each other.
Violetta Volare #555717
Bob Nicolai #322026 (photographer)