Film FreakFilmmaker Male Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
My Website: Film Freak's Vimeo pageMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/FilmFreak
Mayhem # 3354797
About MeI'm Aaron Perala, a.k.a. the Film Freak, and welcome to my page!
I became interested in filmmaking in 2007, but wasn't serious about it until 2011. I specialize mostly in my own brand of comedy, and love making people laugh. I also make films for fun. To some, my work comes off as cheap looking... But it's the thought that counts. It's the ideas I put behind my work that makes it entertaining to watch. It's what I think up.
I do a wide variety of films, both live action and cartoon animated, but never together like 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' or 'Cool World.' If I had the strength, I would. Or the patience...
I've joined Model Mayhem because I wanted to expand my ideas with others, get a chance to work with talented and professional actors/actresses and models, as well as having some familiar names and faces in my projects. I've had a little bit of success with this site already, but feel it hasn't been enough. I would love to have more opportunities working with others, and be more versatile when it comes to filmmaking!
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT MY WORK AND MYSELF...
I may be doing this part time right now, but I'm a dedicated filmmaker who certainly knows how to start a project, and when to finish one. I write, film, produce, direct, edit and sometimes feature myself in all of my work, and when featuring others, I'll have our project finished for you to view, 3-5 days after our session.
When it comes to working with others, I like to break the ice. I strike up conversations, crack a couple jokes, yet still focusing on the project. I can be both serious and fun to work with, but mostly fun. Nobody has ever left a session disappointed, or have had un-happy thoughts after what they've done with me.
Attitude is also key. I like working with others who are serious about a project, much like myself, yet who are having lots of fun as well. I don't like working with others who take things way too seriously and aren't about having fun. It puts me in a very awkward position. Aside from that, I also treat people with lots of respect. If we're in a session and there's something you don't feel comfortable doing... I will not make it a big deal and have you do it.
Lastly, I never cancel on people. I realize things come up for everybody time to time, and plans change. Whenever anything comes up for me, when I know I have a booked session... I will postpone, but not cancel. If there's a need I have to cancel, I will notify you 24-48 hours in advance, with an explanation. I expect the same courtesy from you too.
THINGS TO KNOW WHEN CONTACTING ME...
I can easily be contacted on the Model Mayhem website via my inbox. I don't give my email out to anyone or personal contact info, unless I need to.
Look at my work before contacting me. Only to get an understanding as to what I like to create, what my filming style's like, and most importantly... If you like my work! I will do the same with you. If I really like your work, I will come to you with an opportunity right away to be featured in a project.
If I come to you with a project in mind, don't respond saying you're interested, and then you don't return any other messages I send regarding the session. I've had so many people do this to me in the past (and still continue to), and not only does it lead me to believe that you're clearly not interested, but you'd lie to cover up the fact that you're not. So if I come to you about a project, I've gotten your full word with a response saying you're interested, or you're not. It's as simple as that... If you're interested, let's do business! If not, just tell me and I'll understand. And don't be rude about not wanting to work with me either. Otherwise, I will NEVER come to you with an opportunity again (that's also happened).
BOOKINGS, SCHEDULING AND COMPENSATION...
At this time, I'm ONLY offering filming opportunities for those who are in the province of Ontario, Canada. Primarily in the GTA. Anybody who's outside of the province, or even outside of the country... You will not be hearing from me. I'm also willing to travel, but I prefer to do my filming in my home studio, or places in and around my area.
I'm best available on weekends to film, at all hours of the day. However, if you can't do weekends... Weekdays could work just the same, but my hours will be quite limited, and can only film Monday-Wednesday.
As for compensation... Everyone's gotta get something in return. Now just to be clear, I'm NOT looking for money, and don't wanna get paid from anyone because I'm only doing this for entertainment purposes!!! The only person who'd be getting paid is you, the TALENT! I accept all kinds of rates, and either an hourly or a flat rate pay is fine. I don't do any kind of TFP, or in this case TFV ("trade for video"), as only personal friends who are featured in my projects work for free.
DO'S AND DON'TS...
Finally, here's a list of more do's and don'ts you should know about when working with me, and other things.
- I accept certain friend requests and tags, but I ONLY send them out to those I wish to work with.
- All personal messages I receive, I respond to. But only if they're regarding a project.
- I like to shoot my own material with ideas and concepts thought up myself. However, if you have ideas you'd like to share, I'll gladly accept them and give them the Film Freak touch.
- All casting I do is done through Model Mayhem. I don't hold auditions or casting calls, so don't expect any from me. I find they're a waste of time, and I hate seeing people hurt or upset when they're not given a part.
- In order to be featured in a Film Freak production, you MUST have at least some experience in either acting or modelling, a good list of credits, or a really awesome portfolio (that is liked by me).
- I give everybody a one week window to respond to the first message I send regarding a project. If I don't hear from you at all during that time, the opportunity automatically gets passed on to somebody else.
- I require at least one sit-down meeting with you before we get together for filming, just so I know who I'll be working with a little better (and the same for you). A phone meeting can do as well, if you feel you don't wanna meet me beforehand.
- All models are allowed to bring an escort, but only if they don't interfere with our session.
- If I enjoy working with you the first time, I WILL have you back for more projects.
- I don't work on the same project twice with someone, unless it's a follow up to a previous project.
- I don't like working in extreme conditions (freezing cold weather, water, heights, etc.), so keep that in mind.
- I don't work with animals (exotic or domestic).
- I'm willing to work alongside photographers, but not other filmmakers.
- I don't film at live events (expos, trade shows, etc.), so please don't contact me about those. I WILL decline!
- All models MUST sign a release form before the start of every session.
- Like most members on here, I too don't shoot nudes. It's not my thing to capture, plus family and friends view my work.
Well... Are you convinced? Would you like to work with me? If so, let's get together and film!!! Feel free to visit my Vimeo page anytime you'd like, where you will come across all of my video projects. A direct link is posted up above. I'm also on Twitter, so feel free to follow and receive the latest Tweets and updates at @FilmFreakProd
Thank you very much for your time, and enjoy your viewing. I look forward to hearing from you, and hopefully getting the chance to work with you, sometime in the future!
Have you worked with Film Freak? Add Credits for Film Freak! >>
Credit NotesI know Model Mayhem has "verified credits" now, but this is a list of members I've had the pleasure of working with, along with how many times I've worked with them. This list will eventually get bigger as time passes, and hopefully someday you too will be listed here!
Nickylynn Riley #2560013 (1 time)
Angela Argentina #2607094 (1 time)
Megan Sky #2819390 (1 time)
Samantha Morelli #2390591 (1 time)
Danielle Marie K #2619111 (11 times)
Starla Lost #3150262 (5 times)
Brooke Henderson #3391062 (11 times)
Bri Leeson #1830498 (1 time)
Lee Boleyn #3474770 (1 time)
Alina Kouvchinova #3516211 (1 time)
Megh Klassen #1963489 (1 time)
Paul Dodz #3278596 (1 time)
June-Marie Vieau #3621754 (1 time)
Cyn Stone #2206141 (1 time)
Holly McCourt #3801907 (1 time)