Nina pakPhotographer Female Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
My Website: nina pakMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/NinaPak
Mayhem # 197077
I worked as the curator for the Glendale Arts Council for many years. I was the design editor for AustralAsia magazine in Moscow Russia. Now I work as the Art director and staff photographer for Miroir Magazine: http://miroirmagazine.com/ Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiroirMagazine
I started my career using film but I am now a digital photographer. My Interests are: Fashion, publication, hand-made art books, visual journals, collaborative art books, Compact Disc packaging, design & layout. My focus is currently with digital medias and design. However I love doing Alt process printing, painting, and mixed media projects.
I rarely do Trade work. If you really love my style and my work and see yourself as my model. I encourage you to book a shoot. My rates are very reasonable. I can not afford to spend the long hours editing unpaid work any longer. As it is, the prices I charge don't come close to paying for that time. I have developed relationships with several magazine editors, if it is published work you are looking for, that may be possible. I am also curator and photographer for Miroir Magazine. I enjoy doing elaborate unusual projects. If you have ideas for something special, let me know. In addition to photography and editing, I am a wardrobe stylist, set designer and hair stylist. My other projects are credited under the name Dreamloka.
If you shoot with me:
1. No "posed" photos are taken by anyone else other than me, only "behind the scenes" shots are allowed, these must be obvious candid shots, not posed. No phones on set.
2. No cropping, layering, manipulation or further editing without my consent.
3. No images are posted on social media without my watermarks.
4. I chose what I edit for collaborative shoots, paid clients have a choice. If we do a trade, for models and stylists that means you get images in exchange for your contribution. These can be used for your portfolios and personal use only, unless another arrangement is agreed upon with me. For designers trade is negotiated in advance, if you can not pay me to shoot your garments, I will expect payment in way of goods, unless I have come to you requesting the collaboration.
5. No publishing, selling of prints or licencing of the images without my permission.
6. Standard model releases will be signed before shooting.
MEMBER OF THE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA
Join me on Face book:
Interview by Miroir Magazine:
Interview of Nina Pak by Lou Benjamin for Focal Press
http://www.elsevierdirect.com/companion … _pak.shtml
Represented by these fine galleries:
Interview by Ferenc Ecseki:
Nina Pak Photographer Interview
To see more of my work please visit my websites:
Please send me a message if you are interested in booking a shoot. Thank you
I rarely do collaborations, if I do it is for my art, I now commit to three (2) images per look in trade for a photo session with models and actors. However, If I am inspired and do more edits of your images, then I will give you all that I edit. Trades are limited to my creative projects and by invitation only. I respect each person who gives their time to the project and return images to them in a timely fashion. If I choose to collaborate with you, I will honor my commitments.
This Photo of Nina by Detlef Koertge
This photo of Nina is by Patrick Alt
Have you worked with Nina pak? Add Credits for Nina pak! >>
"I had been wanting to work with Nina for ages, she is such a passionate artist who creates otherwordly creations, oozing opulence and character. Absolute treat to finally work with her, she is a beautiful soul, warm and kind with great conversation about everything and anythin...g. I hope to work with her again soon. The pictures we created have been some of my favourite yet in 9 years of modelling." more less
"Nina is a true artist, and a warm, positive human. So many publishable images from our shoot, and lots of magazine submissions. Her connection to fabulous designers and artists results in truly elaborate, beautiful work."