bruce blosserPhotographer Male Mendocino, California, US
My Website: Bruce Blosser - Creative PhotographyMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/bruceblosser
Mayhem # 1168582
I am an artist, and what I do is both creative and an "out of the box" sort of experience... As such I have little money to pay models for their work with me. This is not meant to be a slight or a question as to your worth as a model... It simply means that I pay no one unless I get paid - which practically speaking means that I almost always do trade for edited pictures. If this is a problem, believe me, I do understand, But given today's economic reality I will not likely be changing my (non) payment policy any time soon.
[i]"If you live the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion."[/i] Zen Master Lin-Chi
[i]“Art produces ugly things which frequently become more beautiful with time. Fashion, on the other hand, produces beautiful things that always become ugly with time.”[/i] —Jean Cocteau
[i]"in life 98% of the advice you hear from people is bullshit, and the other 2% is serious bullshit! It is only the people who judiciously give advice, when asked for it, knowing that you are ready to hear it, that are really worth listening to![/i] -- Bruce Blosser
Let me give credit where credit is due! I would not be where i am now, if it hadn't been for all the great models i have worked with, and all the models, photogs, and others on Model Mayhem that have given me great insights and have encouraged me in so many ways. Thank you so much ladies and gentelmen!
I have been a photographer for a very long time, but just in the last few years I have started shooting figure photography. Although my interests are far wider... everything from fashion to Dita Von Tess... (ie, if you would like to try something that you don't see currently in my portfolio, just ask!)
I love the work of Edward Weston, Kim Weston, Ansel Adams, Imogene Cunningham, Ruth Bernhard, Richard Avedon, Helmut Newton, Anne Arbus, Wynn Bullock, and Judy Dater, Robert Maplethorpe, ruth Bernhard, and Don Worth... And although most of these photographers were from previous generations, they shaped the work of those going on into the future, whether anyone knows it or not.
If you are looking for a photographer who is doing typical fashion or glamour work... i wouldn't mind doing this sort of thing, but only if you want me to put quite a bit of a more creative twist on the genres.
So you might ask, why nudes? What's the point? But if you have to ask, i may not be able to give you a satisfactory answer. But i will tell you that the female form has been represented by artists and shamanic craftsmen and women for as long as the human species has existed... and indeed even longer! Neanderthals also created female figurines!
For me photographing the female nude form is not so far away from my ongoing fascination with the natural world. If you think of the earth as the physical manifestion of the goddess, creator of all, and the female form as the spiritual manifestation of the goddess, you wouldn't be far off from where i am headed. Indeed for me the loss of respect for the natural world, by western society, and most of the world, for that matter, goes hand in hand with the loss of respect for the feminine in our society!
What am i now looking for from a model... Well two things really.
A willingness to try new things, and to walk down a path less travelled, but full of creativity and passion. I want her to be my muse of the moment, whether the moment lasts a few minutes or a few hours.
Creativity in art photography, and especially in figure photography requires a connection between the model and the photographer, on a level which demands an openess to mutual creativity, that can only exist where the participants feel safe and empowered, ready to create an image that touches at a level which is far deeper than simply a photographic record of a moment in time.
The direction I would like to go, in my work, is towards combining my love of figure photography along with my love of landscape photography...
I am also heading in the direction of the erotic, although as yet, I haven't shot any of this.
My aim is to create the best, most creative, and most artistic work that I can... i have absolutely no intention of restricting my creativity by limiting myself in any way :)
a few words about shout:
oh what a tangled web we deceive when first we decide to weave this mortal coil on tendriled shouts!
don't forget: wanneer in Nederlander, doe als de nederlandse doen!
that is all! :)
Have you worked with bruce blosser? Add Credits for bruce blosser! >>