I am attending BurningMan this year. If you're not familiar its an amazing event that occurs in northern Nevada every year and attracts about 50,000 people. I have rented an RV for this and booked a suite in Reno for the night after the event. I was planning to take a friend with me, but due to unforeseen circumstances she won't make the trip.
Since I now have an extra ticket sitting here I am considering the idea of taking a model. The event itself is full of art and is a beautiful backdrop for photography. The suite I've rented in Reno and the hotel in Las Vegas the next night (for the trip home) are both beautiful and are perfect for photography. That is a lot of opportunity going to waste.
I will be traveling with 2 friends (a couple) in the RV who have their own rooms at the two hotels on the way back. At the event itself I camp with a small group of awsome and very responsible people. Our camp has a kitchen and a very nice shower. We all have good jobs and like to enjoy the event without being hot, dirty, smelly, tired or hungry.
What I would provide:
- Ticket to the event ($280 value)
- Travel to and from the event in the RV. RV leaves promptly Saturday morning the 29th and returns Wednesday September 9th.
- Ability to hang out in the air conditioned RV at least some of the time
- Access to electrical power, a microwave, a shower, etc.
- Space to camp with our group (see note below)
- Water for the event
- Advice and other help for anyone new to Burning Man
- The opportunity to have lots of fun and an amazing experience
- Copies of the photos for your portfolio
What you would be expected to provide:
- Your own food (at least mostly)
- Personal equipment (camelback/water pack, dust goggles, etc)
- Tent with air mattress / sleeping bag (see note below)
- Clothing & costumes as desired
- Makeup for dressing up at the event and also for shoots
- Two photo shoots of 1-2 hours at the event (these will likely be more fun than work)
- A photo shoot in each of the hotels on the way back
This trip is costing me several grand. When I was figuring it out the total estimated value of this when I was taking my friend was over $1,500.
* NOTE: The RV has a bedroom with queen bed in the back which is where I'm staying. The friend I was taking was crashing with me. Which is why I'm thinking you're going to want a tent with a sleeping bag or air mattress. If necessary I have a tent and air mattress which could be loaned. You'd still need sheets or a sleeping bag though. If you're friendly and we get along this is negotiable (I don't bite), but I'm not expecting that. You can crash in the hotels on the way home too (the suite at least has a couch). Plus the suite has an in-room hot tub and steam shower which are awsome after spending a week in the desert.
Lastly, this is why I'm *considering* this. The group I camp with are incredible and very fun. But we are also responsible and non-drama. I'd rather waste the money I spent on the extra ticket than bring someone who was going to cause drama or problems. As such I'd need to meet any potential model in person ASAP to ensure we were going to get along and to discuss details. We're very easy to get along with and I'd like to find a model who is also.
To learn more about what Burning Man is visit the following URL:
Please send me email on here if you are potentially interested or would like to discuss this further. I really would like to do this. I think it would be great fun and an amazing adventure.