CASTING CALL FOR RUNWAY SHOW
Hello everyone, I am looking for up to 20 lovely ladies to grace the catwalk for my show during Alberta Fashion Week in early October.
- Punctual and reliable – I cannot stress this enough. I know models are notorious for being late and while being a bit late is acceptable, this is a runway show. If you are not there in a respectable amount of time you will be replaced.
- Runway experience – If you have it, awesome. If not, I will request a “go see” to assess your walk and look. I am perfectly happy with bringing new and inexperienced models to the plate so long as you are professional.
- Representation – If you are signed with MODE Models, unfortunately I cannot use you. I do apologize but it is part of the contract with the show for my runway date.
- The face I want is soft and feminine, with a slight edge to it. So if you have a stronger look and are apprehensive about applying, do so anyways. If I don’t use you for the show I’ll still add you to my contacts for future shoots and shows.
- The clothes I am showing are very feminine, ethereal, and summery. If you know what Lolita style is in Japan, then you’ll be familiar with the style. While the collection isn’t full blown Lolita, it does take cues from it and there is a strong reference.
What I Need From You:
- Commitment – There will be a fitting run through the week before the show that everyone must attend.
- The show – Alberta Fashion Week runs from October 4th to October 10th. My segment is showing on Friday October 9th at 5:40pm. This means you will be required for the majority of that day for hair and make-up. When I have the exact times from the artists I will let you know.
- Shoes – While I would love to run out and get everyone matching shoes for the show, I simply do not have the funds to do so. You will be needing to provide your own shoes – I will give you adequate samples in image form so you can go through your collection. Please bring all shoe options to the fitting the week before the show.
- Hair – Any hair style and color will do fine for the show. If you have wicked short hair we will either work with it or put you in a wig.
- Ethnicity – Does not matter to me. As I see it, every one wears clothes so why be picky as a designer and say someone cannot wear your creations?
- Crinoline – If I have time I will make them but they are arduous to make and as such, if you have a knee length crinoline please bring it to the fitting. More than one? Super! Bring it along too.
- There are three fully steel boned corsets in the collection so I will need three of you to be comfortable with being bound while walking. Please specify if you have an aversion/affection to being corseted for the show when you respond.
The size of the garments are varying from a 32-24-32 to a 38-26-38 (ish). A lot of the garments have shirring or other means of size alteration right in the design and construction so they will change. There are only a few pieces that are strict in size.
As I stated earlier I am low on funds (preparing to have a baby will do that), so this is strictly a TF* event. As it is a runway show and not a photo shoot getting a print will be difficult so I can offer a piece of clothing as trade material. Whether it be a piece from the collection or a replication of something I already have in my portfolio or even a new commissioned piece that is fine.
I will be looking for the entire runway cast as well as a couple “understudies” if you will. I have had the unfortunate event of models canceling on me a half hour before the event before and I want to be as prepared for this as I can be. SO if you are cast and must end up canceling, please give me at least one weeks notice so I can get all the proper information to your replacement.
I will be accepting responses until September 12th so please be expedient. You will hear back from me at the latest September 16th with the final casting list and when I’ll need everyone for the fitting.
Leave a comment...
This casting has been filled. Thank you to everyone who expressed an interest in walking for me.
when is the fashion week? i would be very very interested!
Im so very interested! It doesnt say a hight requirement, So im putting my name in!
Hey I'm interested! Send me an e-mail if you can use me!
I am interested. If you are also interested, I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Niki
If you can use me please let me know. I love Lolita-esque clothing.
This is so exciting! I would love to work together again!
I would be interested in this, if you could use me. =)