desolate metropolisPhotographer Male Arlington, Massachusetts, US
My Website: d e s o l a t e | m e t r o p o l i sMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/desolatemetropolis
Mayhem # 431142
I am experienced photographer from the Boston area. My background is in architecture, and as often as possible I try to incorporate environment into my work. My specialty is location shoots using natural light, however I have recently been working more with strobes and even shooting in the studio a bit.
Types of Shoots...
- Paid Work - I have been working with a clothing designer for the last few years shooting look book material, covers for indie fashion magazines, etc. I am looking to expand my portfolio in this area. I am open to all opportunities. My personal style gravitates towards bold, dark, contrasty, edgy images and so alt fashion, tattoo and other non "mainstream" work appeals to me. However, I am also interested in bringing a creative edge to presenting more traditional designs. I am sensitive to the concerns of designers and can work with you to ensure your clothes are presented in a way that will work for catalogs, but I am most interested in working with designers to develop conceptual images aimed at conveying the ethos of a brand.
- TF* - I am always looking to work with models for fine art shoots. I especially enjoy working with experienced models who bring ideas of their own to the shoot. My TF* shoots are most successful when they are a collaboration between the model and I. This is part of my artistic process. I want to work with models who have strong personalities/interests and find a way to deliver an image that manages to represent something real about both model and photographer.
Now that I am working with strobes and in the studio I am more open to working with less experienced models who want to beef up their portfolio as well. I am still developing my skills with artificial lighting, and TF* shoots are a great way for both model and photographer to gain experience.
How to work most successfully with me...
- Do not flake on me. If you say you're going to be there, be there. If we're shooting in the studio, be there early. If we're shooting on location, be there close to the time we choose.
- Work on your craft. Modelling is hard! All of my most compelling shots were taken with models who have studied their craft. Learn how to pose. Learn how not to look awkward or uncomfortable. Learn to pay attention to small details like how your hands are positioned. Learn to be fierce and confident. Learn about your body. It will pay off in the quality of shots you get back, I promise!
- Communicate - I am interested in doing the type of shoot you want to do. I shoot nudes, fashion, alt...I will shoot almost anything, just be clear with me about what you're looking to do.
- Models - I primarily work with female models. If you are male and involved in martial arts or boxing we may be able to work together on a shoot based on those sports. In particular, I have done some training in Muay Thai and would like to incorporate some Muay Thai images into my portfolio.
- When? - I have another (excellent) career and primarily work on weekends. I can schedule weekdays for specific shoots, but I need notice.
Policies for paid work...
- If we are doing a paid shoot, please act professionally and I will do the same. My rates are extremely reasonable and you can get a lot of value for your money. The more planning we do, the more value you will get.
- Shoots must be scheduled in advance. This means I need to know the who's, what's, where's and when's ahead of time.
- You can cancel a shoot on a weekend up to 5pm on Friday. Not bad, right?
- Shoots which I do not know the status of after 5pm on Friday will be assumed to be cancelled and you will be billed half the rate I quoted you for the shoot. Things happen, and "the location is flaking on me I don't know what's going on" is OK once in a while, but you need to let me know what is happening.
- I will always attempt to do a shoot using the (pretty extensive) gear I own. If I need to rent gear, we will discuss it and agree beforehand and the cost of the rental will be included in my bill. Gear rental fees are nonrefundable after 5pm the Friday before the shoot. I have access to extremely cheap gear rentals, so don't let this scare you.
- Basically, all I ask is that I be treated with common courtesy. Unfortunately, this has not always been the case in the past and so I need to spell out my policies here. I am a very reasonable person and am very flexible if you keep me informed of what is going on. If you disappear leaving me without knowing where I'm supposed to be, when, or what I'm shooting and don't answer my messages up through the day of a scheduled shoot, that's when things start to go south (it's happened to me before!)
I look forward to working with you!
Have you worked with desolate metropolis? Add Credits for desolate metropolis! >>