Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Short "High Fashion Runway" Models = "Haubbits"

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

STUDIOMONA wrote:
Great proportion on her. smile

But you can tell immediately that she's not 5'9", her head is too large in proportion to her shoulders...  She is really lovely, though, I hasten to add.

Jun 11 07 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

UdoR wrote:

JEEBUS KRAIST!!!

What's wrong with you woman???

This is not about friggin' regular models who are short and do commercial, art or glamour work... not friggin' at all!

One of my best models and friend is 5'4" and she rocks local runways and is an actress as well...

What is it you don't understand... it's about... ugghhh... fuck it...

I give up... sad

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v200/UdoRPhotoArchive/MakingAPointGifs/th_banghead.gif

I know how you feel Udo, I've been doing the headbang thing over here https://www.modelmayhem.com/p.php?thread_id=153296
You should go read, it's good for a laugh.
The charming OP is trying to argue with me AND Theda AND Mayan at the same time.

Jun 11 07 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

Sandy Ramirez

Brooklyn, New York, US

moniquevanson wrote:

We need to start some kinda club..like..the official anti-haubbitry club or something.
Anyone have any club name ideas? And who wants to become a member? big_smile

I want to be a member!

Jun 11 07 11:15 pm Link

Photographer

Sandy Ramirez

Brooklyn, New York, US

M*A*C wrote:

thank you, i will paint it on my forehead

I'll take a picture of that!

Jun 11 07 11:17 pm Link

Model

M*A*C

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Sandy Ramirez wrote:

I'll take a picture of that!

why bother? the bird has been mocked

Jun 11 07 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

LOL & LOL!

Jun 11 07 11:26 pm Link

Model

M*A*C

PK Brazil wrote:
LOL & LOL!

LOL (because it time to laugh wink

Jun 11 07 11:28 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

I died when I first read this in the other thread....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Jun 11 07 11:29 pm Link

Model

Hehthur

lol! i think this is way funny. i'm 5'2. i'd look retarded on runway.

big_smile funny name.

Jun 12 07 01:04 am Link

Model

RDawkins

Breckenridge, Colorado, US

Even regional markets like SF have a height requirement of 5'9" for fashion week. I'm representing four designers in SFFW this year, and that's straight from the producer. No exceptions.

Jun 12 07 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Johnny Panzo

Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada

UdoR wrote:

This is for all those models who are too short to qualify and are NOT known celebrities, who clinch to the belief that they too must be able to walk the big league in high fashion runway modeling, especially the superbowl of 'high fashion anything':

I think to most models it is more a DREAM than "belief". They don't really believe that they can make it in "high fashion". But nothing can stop them from dreaming, and if for a moment they can live that deam somehow in a mall or department store fashion show, or a "fashion shoot" with a GWC with a point and shoot camera in an alley ..."edgy".
"Dreams, like stars in the desert are guides that takes us to our destination."

Jun 12 07 01:31 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

What's next, Elleves?

Jun 12 07 01:32 am Link

Photographer

Steal Your Ghost

Los Angeles, California, US

Goldie117 wrote:

How tall is she? She sure is lovely

She's fairly lovely... why is she wearing my grandmothers pot holder?  o.0

Jun 12 07 01:38 am Link

Photographer

Junk Fashion

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:

This is for all those models who are too short to qualify and are NOT known celebrities, who clinch to the belief that they too must be able to walk the big league in high fashion runway modeling, especially the superbowl of 'high fashion anything':

NYC Fashion Week

Three helpful threads about the subject don't awake those models out of their dream world and no matter how much is being explained from industry insider... they keep on chasing their own tail because some dude who shot them and their mama tell them that they belong on a major runway:

Why runway shows need tall models:

Why do short models insist of doin Runway?

Modeling Success: RESEARCH

I propose a new difinition, inspired by Junk Fashion and J.R.R. Tolkien:

"A very short model that lives in a fantasy land who believes that she has a birthright to walk the high fashion runway of NYC or the other 4 high fashion centers in the world for the major designers" = "haute couture hobbit" or its shortform:

"haubbit" *

* haubbit© by UdoR 2007

I feel so honored to have been such an inspiration for such a grand and important endeavour

Jun 12 07 08:54 am Link

Photographer

RSM-images

Jacksonville, Florida, US

UdoR wrote:
"haubbit"

May the farce be with you.

Jun 12 07 09:02 am Link

Model

Carlynn Taylor

I agree with OP.  Yep, I'm petite (nice word for short).  I model and I book models at fashion shows.  I've been told time and time again "we'd love to use you but you're too short. Got anyone that looks like you only taller?" 

The absolute minimum any of the merchants and designers we work with is 5'6".  That's the way clothes are designed.  Clothing looks best on tall women.  Oddly, tall women with some hips and no fake boobs. 

We can't book a girl for fashion week with boobs over a small C cup.  Girls need to know this before they run out and get that boob job if they want to do fashion.  And in the south, we can't book a girl who is smaller than a size 4 for fashion shows at the Apparel Mart, except to show Betsey Johnson.

Jun 12 07 09:12 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Fifi-Alexis wrote:
I died when I first read this in the other thread....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I am full of joy that you survived... big_smile

Jun 12 07 09:27 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Junk Fashion wrote:

I feel so honored to have been such an inspiration for such a grand and important endeavour

You are now part of modeling history! smile

Jun 12 07 09:28 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

RSM-images wrote:

May the farce be with you.

hehehehee

"Good one, Master Obi-Wan Lagerfeld!" wink

Jun 12 07 09:29 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Carlynn Taylor wrote:
I agree with OP.  Yep, I'm petite (nice word for short).  I model and I book models at fashion shows.  I've been told time and time again "we'd love to use you but you're too short. Got anyone that looks like you only taller?" 

The absolute minimum any of the merchants and designers we work with is 5'6".  That's the way clothes are designed.  Clothing looks best on tall women.  Oddly, tall women with some hips and no fake boobs. 

We can't book a girl for fashion week with boobs over a small C cup.  Girls need to know this before they run out and get that boob job if they want to do fashion.  And in the south, we can't book a girl who is smaller than a size 4 for fashion shows at the Apparel Mart, except to show Betsey Johnson.

Thank you Carlynn! smile

Jun 12 07 09:30 am Link

Model

Malin_

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:
Three helpful threads about the subject don't awake those models out of their dream world and no matter how much is being explained from industry insider... they keep on chasing their own tail because some dude who shot them and their mama tell them that they belong on a major runway:

Exactly.... there are already numerous threads where (typically) the same people yell at models who are too short for the runway. I really don't understand the need for yet another one.

Jun 12 07 09:43 am Link

Photographer

The Divine Emily Fine

Owings Mills, Maryland, US

UdoR, you make me smile.

Jun 12 07 09:44 am Link

Model

Emilie E

Danville, Kentucky, US

UdoR wrote:
"haubbit"

You're a riot.  smile

Jun 12 07 09:48 am Link

Model

Elle

Marshfield, Wisconsin, US

I still stick to my analogy from the other thread...
Just because I have scrubs, does not mean that I am qualified to do brain surgery...
Same goes for runway modeling...
Its a job...if you dont fit the description, then find a new job...
easy as that big_smile

Jun 12 07 09:48 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Malin B wrote:

Exactly.... there are already numerous threads where (typically) the same people yell at models who are too short for the runway. I really don't understand the need for yet another one.

Hi Malin;

This is not "just another thread... this is the official announcement for a new term... smile

Jun 12 07 10:00 am Link

Model

Ariel Danielle

Houston, Texas, US

And you couldn't have announced this new term in one of the many others?

Oh no, that wouldn't garner nearly as much attention. Silly me.

Jun 12 07 10:03 am Link

Model

Malin_

New York, New York, US

UdoR wrote:

Hi Malin;

This is not "just another thread... this is the official announcement for a new term... smile

Well, OK then... big_smile big_smile big_smile

Jun 12 07 10:04 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Just Ariel wrote:
And you couldn't have announced this new term in one of the many others?

Oh no, that wouldn't garner nearly as much attention. Silly me.

I did coin it in another thread... but to make it officially a new term, something that can be found for future references... it needed it's own thread.

Jun 12 07 10:05 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Haubbits
Elleves
and
Orhttps://www.charlesbeckwith.com/gagimages/chanel.gifs

big_smile

Jun 12 07 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Would the younger ones be Haubbettes?

Jun 12 07 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Imajin Studios

ElleM wrote:
I still stick to my analogy from the other thread...
Just because I have scrubs, does not mean that I am qualified to do brain surgery...
Same goes for runway modeling...
Its a job...if you dont fit the description, then find a new job...
easy as that big_smile

when can i still get my appointment for the Brain Surgery,

Jun 12 07 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Imajin Studios

TXPhotog wrote:
Would the younger ones be Haubettes?

lmao

Jun 12 07 10:13 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

UdoR wrote:

NYC Fashion Week

I propose a new difinition, inspired by Junk Fashion and J.R.R. Tolkien:

"A very short model that lives in a fantasy land who believes that she has a birthright to walk the high fashion runway of NYC or the other 4 high fashion centers in the world for the major designers" = "haute couture hobbit" or its shortform:

"haubbit" *

* haubbit© by UdoR 2007

This is a term whose time has come!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Jun 12 07 10:13 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Would the younger ones be Haubbettes?

Hahahaa

Jun 12 07 10:14 am Link

Model

M*A*C

it is beyond my logical comprehension to understand why so many threads are dedicated to scrutinizing short models, especially those that 'dream' of runway (please note that i, as i'm sure many other non 6'0' women, DONT dream of it.. but you 'assume'), when their dreams have nothing to do with you, but the irritation is still there. From what i understand, this is nothing but hateful, disrespectful and spiteful energy being directed at the 'little people' by those in so-called power.. i'm sorry i feel this way, but i am amazed at how ardent some people are at denegrating people they perceieve as inadequate, or less capable.. as though its a crime to dream. LET the dreamers dream, everyone comes to their own realisation.. the majority of haters though, are fixated on the third stage of conventional moral development.. most people dont get past that, nevertheless know what it means

i am humored by the immaturity

Jun 12 07 10:14 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Ched wrote:
What's next, Elleves?

No, El Vez is the Spanish Elvis.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Jun 12 07 10:16 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

M*A*C wrote:
it is beyond my logical comprehension to understand why so many threads are dedicated to scrutinizing short models, especially those that 'dream' of runway (please note that i, as i'm sure many other non 6'0' women, DONT dream of it.. but you 'assume'), when their dreams have nothing to do with you, but the irritation is still there. From what i understand, this is nothing but hateful, disrespectful and spiteful energy being directed at the 'little people' by those in so-called power.. i'm sorry i feel this way, but i am amazed at how ardent some people are at denegrating people they perceieve as inadequate, or less capable.. as though its a crime to dream. LET the dreamers dream, everyone comes to their own realisation.. the majority of haters though, are fixated on the third stage of conventional moral development.. most people dont get past that, nevertheless know what it means

i am humored by the immaturity

No, this is what is known as a wakeup call.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Jun 12 07 10:16 am Link

Model

M*A*C

JAY carreon wrote:

No, this is what is known as a wakeup call.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

why must there be so many wake up calls? is the information in the previou threads not redundant?

Jun 12 07 10:19 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Taverner Photography wrote:

...here's a wild exception to the height rule:

https://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i210/Taverner_Photography/ASHLEYPAIGE_7831.jpg

; )

I think I'm in love . . .

J

Jun 12 07 10:19 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

M*A*C wrote:

why must there be so many wake up calls? is the information in the previou threads not redundant?

Because there are so many threads by people demanding that the industry mutate and allow short models in the runways and on editorials.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Jun 12 07 10:20 am Link