This thread was locked on 2012-11-27 21:53:17 by -Jen-. Reason: bumping old threads is a no no!!
Forums > Model Colloquy > Pale or Tan!?!?

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

believe it or not I am so naturally pale!

photographers and models which look do you prefer more?
Do you like tan or pale models?

i know that most glamor models are tan and most art/alternative models are pale.

But which would you prefer to work with or hire?


for me i got less work as a pale model, i was also only about 19.

me pale.
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3142/43489719e1499cd4.jpg

me tan
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8598/dsc1749mcweben2.jpg


maybe i get more jobs now because of my credits?



I have been thinking about not tanning, but I am scared that it will hurt my look/business?


whats your take on the whole tan/pale thing?


edit..


better images with my regular skin tone.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8697/93862012ti7.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6057/434895f608014tr5.jpg

May 16 08 02:59 am Link

Model

CLAYMAC

Posts: 9187

BOISE, Idaho, US

You look tanner in the pale picture and paler in the tan picture to me, in contrast with each other.

May 16 08 03:01 am Link

Model

Carmen Desiree

Posts: 44

Los Angeles, California, US

you have a beautiful skin tone.
I'd keep it!

I'm Puerto Rican, so I'm naturally tan, but i love the color of your skin.

May 16 08 03:01 am Link

Model

Whisper

Posts: 166

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I'm pretty sure it's not so much what tone your skin is , then it is your a better model now then you were then.
so if you want to go pale it shouldn't hurt you anymore then staying tan .


hope that helps


whisper

May 16 08 03:02 am Link

Photographer

Dirk Linton

Posts: 228

Liberty Lake, Washington, US

I prefer pale.

May 16 08 03:02 am Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Posts: 21926

Santa Cruz, California, US

Jeska L Vardinski wrote:
...maybe i get more jobs now because of my credits?

::nods::

Jeska L Vardinski wrote:
I have been thinking about not tanning, but I am scared that it will hurt my look/business?
whats your take on the whole tan/pale thing?

Doubt it would really hurt your modeling right now... you're on fire. smile

May 16 08 03:02 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

Corey Lay wrote:
You look tanner in the pale picture and palre in the tan picture to me, in contrast with each other.

i updated the pic smile

May 16 08 03:02 am Link

Model

-loren-

Posts: 776

Chicago, Illinois, US

Corey Lay wrote:
You look tanner in the pale picture and palre in the tan picture to me, in contrast with each other.

I was going to say the same thing...

May 16 08 03:02 am Link

Model

Ava Jean

Posts: 1466

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Jeska your skin tone is to die for..a lot of women wish they could have porcelain skin like that. I think it works for you really well..especially with your blonde hair.
I've always been incredibly pale..

I prefer pale:)

May 16 08 03:02 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

Carmen Desiree wrote:
you have a beautiful skin tone.
I'd keep it!

I'm Puerto Rican, so I'm naturally tan, but i love the color of your skin.

the white?

i am naturally really whit hold on let me scan a picture

May 16 08 03:03 am Link

Model

Devorah

Posts: 381

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

i think you look great tan just because it contrasts nicely with your hair. if you tan, just do it safely! and use tattoo sunscreen to keep the ink fresh smile


~Nautilus

May 16 08 03:03 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Posts: 50816

Leawood, Kansas, US

Go pale!

May 16 08 03:04 am Link

Model

CLAYMAC

Posts: 9187

BOISE, Idaho, US

Jeska L Vardinski wrote:

i updated the pic smile

Ahh I see haha. I think it's great that you look good pale and good tan. Just shows versatility, I think it all depends on what part of the industry you want to model in.

May 16 08 03:05 am Link

Photographer

Gone Til Novus-ember

Posts: 11440

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You are so fucking hot.



Oh and tan.

May 16 08 03:05 am Link

Model

Aurora Natrix

Posts: 458

Miami, Florida, US

I'm proud to be pale. I think the benefits out weigh the negatives in the long run. None of the women in my family have sunbathed for the most part and they all look extraordinarily younger than their age.

May 16 08 03:06 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8697/93862012ti7.jpg


heres a better image to show off my paleness

May 16 08 03:07 am Link

Photographer

Le Beck Photography

Posts: 4114

Los Angeles, California, US

Pale. You'll keep your exquisite looks for decades longer!

May 16 08 03:08 am Link

Photographer

Paul Morrison Photo

Posts: 1022

New Portland, Maine, US

personally pale is easier for me to work with
i hate shooting a runway show and having to change my w/b to tungsten cause a model looks like an umpalumpa with bright orange skin

May 16 08 03:09 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

Jeska L Vardinski wrote:
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8697/93862012ti7.jpg

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6057/434895f608014tr5.jpg



heres a better image to show off my paleness

May 16 08 03:09 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

Skydancer wrote:

Jeska L Vardinski wrote:
...maybe i get more jobs now because of my credits?

::nods::

Doubt it would really hurt your modeling right now... you're on fire. smile

thanks

May 16 08 03:10 am Link

Model

Matus

Posts: 519

Tustin, California, US

Jeska L Vardinski wrote:
believe it or not I am so naturally pale!

photographers and models which look do you prefer more?
Do you like tan or pale models?

i know that most glamor models are tan and most art/alternative models are pale.

But which would you prefer to work with or hire?


for me i got less work as a pale model, i was also only about 19.

me pale.
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3142/43489719e1499cd4.jpg


TAN !!!

me tan
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8598/dsc1749mcweben2.jpg


maybe i get more jobs now because of my credits?



I have been thinking about not tanning, but I am scared that it will hurt my look/business?


whats your take on the whole tan/pale thing?


edit..


better images with my regular skin tone.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8697/93862012ti7.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6057/434895f608014tr5.jpg

May 16 08 03:12 am Link

Model

Jakki Browne

Posts: 3457

Los Angeles, California, US

Dare I say a girl in Cali should have a tan?

May 16 08 03:12 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

Jakki Browne wrote:
Dare I say a girl in Cali should have a tan?

i think so too sad

but its expensive and killing me faster!

May 16 08 03:16 am Link

Model

BLANCA

Posts: 450

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

tanning causes wrinkes and cancer
and basically just ages the skin
i dunno about you
but i wanna be a hot 40 year old.

i suggest custom spray tans
not cheap either
but no cancer involved

May 16 08 03:18 am Link

Photographer

DJKender251

Posts: 681

Pelham, Alabama, US

i have no preference.

but on the wish list, just once, is a girl with a lined tan like the Playboy's of the 70s.

the contrast in B/W is awesome

May 16 08 03:21 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

DJKender251 wrote:
i have no preference.

but on the wish list, just once, is a girl with a lined tan like the Playboy's of the 70s.

the contrast in B/W is awesome

lol i hate tan lines!!

May 16 08 03:24 am Link

Photographer

IMS FotoGrafix

Posts: 1150

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

I think the pale look is great for you, hell, it's your natural color.

If a more "golden" tone is required, the light could easily be altered (or PS) to reflect that without you having to worry about skin damage and your career would be longer so you'd get more jobs long term anyway.

May 16 08 03:24 am Link

Model

Devorah

Posts: 381

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

use sun tan lotion and tan outside nude. or use TANTOWEL (http://www.tantowel.com/). my mom owns a salon and carries the product, its great!

i have an issue of tanning too fast when im hanging out outside and getting tanlines

May 16 08 03:27 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

IMS PHOTOGRAPHIC wrote:
I think the pale look is great for you, hell, it's your natural color.

If a more "golden" tone is required, the light could easily be altered (or PS) to reflect that without you having to worry about skin damage and your career would be longer so you'd get more jobs long term anyway.

true

May 16 08 03:40 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

so pale or tanned dammit i'm so lost

May 16 08 03:40 am Link

Model

Sophia Be

Posts: 6354

Portland, Oregon, US

Tanning = Bad for your skin. Pale.

May 16 08 03:47 am Link

Artist/Painter

TOP-LEVEL

Posts: 106

my work hardly has something to do with my personal preferences, i shoot what client demands and shoot what i like in my free time for myself.

May 16 08 04:19 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Posts: 25319

Bath, England, United Kingdom

A very light tan is ideal for most things IMHO - pasty white looks sickly and ill in anything except golden sunlight, and a dark tan on a caucasian model is just daft and leads to extra lines and wrinkles for me to retouch!

ps. I expect you get jobs for other reasons than your tan, Jeska wink

May 16 08 04:23 am Link

Model

Ava Jean

Posts: 1466

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Jeska L Vardinski wrote:
so pale or tanned dammit i'm so lost

Sounds like most prefer pale.

May 16 08 04:24 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

Stefano Brunesci wrote:
A very light tan is ideal for most things IMHO - pasty white looks sickly and ill in anything except golden sunlight, and a dark tan on a caucasian model is just daft and leads to extra lines and wrinkles for me to retouch!

ps. I expect you get jobs for other reasons than your tan, Jeska wink

yeah i like being kinda.. tanned.. looks better in photos

when i am pale my skin flaws are more visible

May 16 08 04:26 am Link

Model

club Jeska

Posts: 3847

Riverside, California, US

Nicole Mortenson wrote:

Sounds like most prefer pale.

guess so

May 16 08 04:26 am Link

Model

Vivian de Milo

Posts: 1805

San Francisco, California, US

You aren't even that pale in the ''pale'' pictures, except that your foundation looks too light. I think your natural skin tone is much lovelier on you than the darker one. Plus tanning is a pain in the ass and gives you cancer and wrinkles.
PS, you're gorgeous. smile

May 16 08 06:33 am Link

Model

Janna Grace

Posts: 96

Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands

I prefer pale... But I'm just a pale skin lover, hehe!

May 16 08 06:37 am Link

Photographer

PiratePhotography

Posts: 810

Grimsby, England, United Kingdom

I prefer pale, because I do mostly alternative work.  But also because in the UK girls don't get tan, they go orange or a completely unnatural shade of tan that doesn't suit them.  I'm always pale because I don't like red lipstick with tan, and its crap for your skin.

May 16 08 06:40 am Link

Model

Kriket

Posts: 42

Portland, Oregon, US

i would say pale..
but i know how hard it is to stay that way..

if you spend any amount of time, outside..
you'll get un-even skin tone..

its easier to just tan and make sure your the same color, all over wink

i'm normally pretty pale.. during the winter months..
but as soon as the sun comes out, my skin soaks it up.. and its hard as hell not getting tan lines..


i preferred  pale for many years.. only in the last couple of years, have i started tanning.. because its hard not to wear shorts in the summer!


i'd say go tan in the summer...
get your pale shots in the winter..

May 16 08 06:46 am Link