Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Snow Queen makeup questions

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Posts: 26753

Lancaster, California, US

I'm doing a photo shoot of a Snow Queen. I need her skin to look at though it was frozen by snow under the moonlight. Any suggestions on makeup that will create this look as well as lips?

I also need the hair to look as though it has ice cycles dripping from it. Any product ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks

Oct 22 08 02:33 am Link

Model

Seanna Miriah

Posts: 3

Seattle, Washington, US

http://www.icefxmakeup.com/


Hope that helps! smile

Oct 22 08 02:38 am Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Posts: 26753

Lancaster, California, US

Seanna Miriah wrote:
http://www.icefxmakeup.com/


Hope that helps! smile

I looked at the site..perfect. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you.

Oct 22 08 02:54 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Jean Myers

Posts: 1487

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Taboo Nudes wrote:

I looked at the site..perfect. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you.

I did this pic while I was still in school using IceFX maybe help w/ an idea smile She was more of a Snow Princess then Queen but you get the idea

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee67/jess_myers81/iceprincess.jpg

Oct 22 08 09:39 am Link

Makeup Artist

DeAnn C

Posts: 544

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I did these a couple of years ago, not so much frozen but silver make-up.

DeAnn



http://modelmayhm-5.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/081022/09/48ff2f155c4b1_m.jpg

http://mayhem-photos.s3.amazonaws.com/061209/22/457b8bd646a14_m.jpg

Oct 22 08 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Posts: 26753

Lancaster, California, US

Beautiful photos from both of you.

The IceFX is exactly what I've been looking for.

Oct 23 08 01:23 am Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Posts: 1394

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, US

Taboo Nudes wrote:
Beautiful photos from both of you.

The IceFX is exactly what I've been looking for.

Thats actually exactly what I used for the snow queen in my port... here for inspiration -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/cutemm1313/Daniela-5-web.jpg

I used it on her skin creeping onto her face and then fake icicles in her hair...

Oct 23 08 02:00 am Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Posts: 26753

Lancaster, California, US

MelodyMoher wrote:
Thats actually exactly what I used for the snow queen in my port... here for inspiration -



I used it on her skin creeping onto her face and then fake icicles in her hair...

Wow...absolutely stunning work! Thanks for the inspiration. I do the makeup and costumes myself for all my photo shoots. I'm an artist first, so painting on the face and body is just a different canvas.

Did you buy the entire $50 kit to cover her body and face?

Oct 23 08 04:29 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Posts: 1394

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, US

Taboo Nudes wrote:

Wow...absolutely stunning work! Thanks for the inspiration. I do the makeup and costumes myself for all my photo shoots. I'm an artist first, so painting on the face and body is just a different canvas.

Did you buy the entire $50 kit to cover her body and face?

sorry! didnt see this till now lol I actually only covered her chest and neck and parts of her face with that it but I had a TON of left over so you should be good... just be careful its really tacky so the first time I used it - it got some getting used to lol it dries pretty quick to so you have to work fast once its on the skin... feel free to pm me if you need anything!

smile

Oct 23 08 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Posts: 26753

Lancaster, California, US

MelodyMoher wrote:

sorry! didnt see this till now lol I actually only covered her chest and neck and parts of her face with that it but I had a TON of left over so you should be good... just be careful its really tacky so the first time I used it - it got some getting used to lol it dries pretty quick to so you have to work fast once its on the skin... feel free to pm me if you need anything!

smile

Thanks for the information. I'll remember that.

You had another photo in your port of the same shot where she had icicles hanging from her arm. Were they painted on in photo shop?  I wanted to have icicles like that hanging from her hair.

Oct 23 08 10:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Posts: 1394

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, US

Taboo Nudes wrote:

Thanks for the information. I'll remember that.

You had another photo in your port of the same shot where she had icicles hanging from her arm. Were they painted on in photo shop?  I wanted to have icicles like that hanging from her hair.

Yes that is photoshop to duplicate them I did use them in her hair but not dripping from...- the best thing I can think of right now when I want to make eggs to eat and im tired as hell lol is they have very lightweight fake icicles (like the ones I used in the photo) and you can use clear string and tie them into her hair or use metal pins like they use for christmas tree ornaments... then just attach to hair smile Tell me how it goes! Im excited for you smile

Oct 23 08 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Posts: 26753

Lancaster, California, US

MelodyMoher wrote:

Yes that is photoshop to duplicate them I did use them in her hair but not dripping from...- the best thing I can think of right now when I want to make eggs to eat and im tired as hell lol is they have very lightweight fake icicles (like the ones I used in the photo) and you can use clear string and tie them into her hair or use metal pins like they use for christmas tree ornaments... then just attach to hair smile Tell me how it goes! Im excited for you smile

Thank you. You've really been a great help. I won't be doing the shoot until sometime next month as I will be in Oklahoma next week doing some other photo shoots.

When all the christmas stuff comes out, I'll probably be able to find them.

I also found some hair stuff to make her hair look like it has frozen in the wind/blizzard and I will add the icicles and snow to her hair.

Your work is just stunning. Very talented.

Oct 23 08 11:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyMoher

Posts: 1394

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, US

Taboo Nudes wrote:
Thank you. You've really been a great help. I won't be doing the shoot until sometime next month as I will be in Oklahoma next week doing some other photo shoots.

When all the christmas stuff comes out, I'll probably be able to find them.

I also found some hair stuff to make her hair look like it has frozen in the wind/blizzard and I will add the icicles and snow to her hair.

Your work is just stunning. Very talented.

aww thank you smile you can use the ice fx in hair too so you can try that! but it makes it more frosty... although if you take tiny tendrils and use just the gel and large crystals it might help you achieve something close to that too.. smile good luck - please post your creation!

Oct 23 08 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Posts: 26753

Lancaster, California, US

MelodyMoher wrote:

aww thank you smile you can use the ice fx in hair too so you can try that! but it makes it more frosty... although if you take tiny tendrils and use just the gel and large crystals it might help you achieve something close to that too.. smile good luck - please post your creation!

I really appreciate your help. I will most definitely post the best image.

This photo shoot will be part of my next photography book.

Oct 23 08 11:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Fierce About Face

Posts: 691

Akron, Ohio, US

Ditto the IceFX! And you can get it for about $4 at Walmart right now, just saw some today!

It's so easy to work with, but it does tend to dry rather quickly so work fast. Can't wait to see what you come up with! Here's mine:
http://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080622/20/485eefa73e14d.jpg

Oct 24 08 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Alexandria Georgiades

Posts: 26753

Lancaster, California, US

Thanks Karen, I'll check the Halloween section in Wal-Mart here.

Beautiful work! Is the frost blowing from her mouth photo shop?

Oct 24 08 03:57 pm Link