Forums > Events > Virginia - Winchester End-of-Year Party @ CLT's

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

CLT wrote:
So I recruited an awesome guitar player today, and he'll assemble a live band for the event. All the members of the band will be talented young men who can double as male models. They will set up at the main shooting station between 5pm and 6pm and will be available as photo subjects during that time.

lol, CLT created a boy band!

Picture Lists!

Registered models:
PK's CLT-Winchester Party Model List

Registered photographers:
PK's CLT-Winchester Party Photographer List

Peruse 'em!  (Includes registered "maybes")

Nov 08 08 11:08 am Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

PK Brazil wrote:
lol, CLT created a boy band!

Call me Simon.

oh, and I still need a female lead singer wink

Nov 08 08 01:01 pm Link

Model

Winged Model

Fort Hood, Texas, US

Just a little bedtime bump!

Nov 09 08 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour1Studio 2

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Best Wishes on Your Event  . . . . .

"d"

Nov 10 08 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Low class pal, no one was advertising in the other thread, just telling you that there was an event on the same day in the same general area, that's all.

Nov 10 08 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour1Studio 2

Baltimore, Maryland, US

smile

Nov 10 08 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Glamour1Studio 2 wrote:

Yes they were . . .
They could have send a PM . . .
Why did they post the link  ? ? ?
Look at the intent !

The intent was clear to everyone besides you. They were notifying you and event attendees that there was a similar event in the general area on the same day. That is useful information to YOU as an event organizer, so you can figure out "Hey, I might not have high attendance because people in the area might be elsewhere." Now you have information, and you can make an educated decision on whether to possibly change your date, or talk directly to CLT to see if he can change his. It's not nearly as personal as you are taking it man. neutral

Nov 10 08 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour1Studio 2

Baltimore, Maryland, US

xoxoxoxo

Nov 10 08 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

J Henry

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Glamour1Studio 2 wrote:

Once Again . . . .
This is Personality over Principle . . .
Why you didn't go to their page and ask them to change their Date or let them know about mine  ? ? ? That's why we need a Group meeting like this  . . .so we can all work together and understand the business and needs of each other !

And All I ask is the the female model and yourself please remove the link and negative comments directed towards me and my event !
And I will do the same !
I have to take my Mom to the Doctors  . . .I'll be back after 5 PM EST !

Thanks for understanding . . .

There's no higher principle at stake here.  It's just a run of the mill schedule conflict.  Relax.

Nov 10 08 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Glamour1Studio 2 wrote:

Once Again . . . .
This is Personality over Principle . . .
Why you didn't go to their page and ask them to change their Date or let them know about mine  ? ? ? That's why we need a Group meeting like this  . . .so we can all work together and understand the business and needs of each other !

And All I ask is the the female model and yourself please remove the link and negative comments directed towards me and my event !
And I will do the same !
I have to take my Mom to the Doctors  . . .I'll be back after 5 PM EST !

Thanks for understanding . . .

I've not directed any negativity towards you, and you know it. smile

I know CLT, and I know his event was in the making tracing back to years past. I will be attending his event. I had interest in yours, and I would possibly attend it if the date were changed.

We can take this argument to PM now if you want, there is no reason for this discussion in the event forums any further.

Nov 10 08 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Oh. I forgot about one thing. David (PhotoDr) and I will be converting the garage to a 3rd shooting station, and it will be a dedicated 18+ area. We are still deciding what backdrop (seamless) to setup there. We've narrowed down to either canary yellow, hot pink, or dark gray.

Nov 10 08 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

J Henry

CLT wrote:
Oh. I forgot about one thing. David (PhotoDr) and I will be converting the garage to a 3rd shooting station, and it will be a dedicated 18+ area. We are still deciding what backdrop (seamless) to setup there. We've narrowed down to either canary yellow, hot pink, or dark gray.

Great idea.  But I don't recognize any of the models as doing 18+?  Or are you making an offer yourself.....

Nov 10 08 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

CLT wrote:

Grey would be the most usable and variable.

Depending on the lights used, you can use gels to get a variety of color variations with a grey backdrop.... the other two colors, not so much.

And....

Uh, that's where I'll be hanging out. wink

Nov 10 08 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

J Henry wrote:
Great idea.  But I don't recognize any of the models as doing 18+?  Or are you making an offer yourself.....

18+ models are typically late registrants wink
You wouldn't want to see me naked, especially in the winter time. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Nov 10 08 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

J Henry

CLT wrote:

You wouldn't want to see me naked, especially in the winter time. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Sigh.  Fair enough.  Guess I'll just have to get Asylum REALLY drunk.

Nov 10 08 02:23 pm Link

Model

Winged Model

Fort Hood, Texas, US

Thanks guys for letting Glamour One know that my intention wasn't to try marketing CLT's party on his thread.  At least someone understood what I was trying to do.

Nov 10 08 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Moore Photo Graphix

CLT wrote:

Now, I have a reason to go!

Nov 10 08 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

CLT wrote:

Your last five words and emoticons were surperfluous... wink

Nov 10 08 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Winged Modeling wrote:
Thanks guys for letting Glamour One know that my intention wasn't to try marketing CLT's party on his thread.  At least someone understood what I was trying to do.

He's pretty bold at marketing his event's on other people's threads... I wouldn't worry about it. You were attempting to help build a community, that's all.

Nov 10 08 08:55 pm Link

Model

Winged Model

Fort Hood, Texas, US

Hmm, so if when models get naked photographers get to take pictures does this mean that when the photographers get naked the models get to take the pictures...?  :-P

Nov 10 08 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

Malleus Veritas

Winchester, Virginia, US

I'm planning on attending and bringing the family - wife and 3 extremely photogenic kids (11,6,and 18 months).

I'd be willing to donate my lights (3x AB800, softbox, triggers, and other assorted goodies) for the secondary shooting station; that will let you put all of yours on the primary.

Nov 10 08 09:39 pm Link

Model

Elayne Sweetpea

Portland, Oregon, US

This sounds like this would be fun to attend. I'll just shoot and email CLT's way. : )

Nov 10 08 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

EA Photographics

Reading, Pennsylvania, US

CLT wrote:

Do girls know about "shrinkage"?  =P

Nov 10 08 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Digital Moonlight wrote:
I'm planning on attending and bringing the family - wife and 3 extremely photogenic kids (11,6,and 18 months).

I'd be willing to donate my lights (3x AB800, softbox, triggers, and other assorted goodies) for the secondary shooting station; that will let you put all of yours on the primary.

Let's put your lights in the garage for the 3rd station. I'll reserve the upstairs entertainment room as kids room during the day, but will be the community crash room at night.

I could also use a local volunteer to shuttle models who don't drive but live within 20 mins of Winchester.

Nov 11 08 12:04 am Link

Model

jinx

Austin, Texas, US

J Henry wrote:

Sigh.  Fair enough.  Guess I'll just have to get Asylum REALLY drunk.

Jason... wasted? now that sounds like entertainment.

Nov 11 08 01:10 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

I'm in! Just send the RSVP email... anyone need a ride from Towson who IS NOT planning on staying the night? I can seat three besides myself, and my trunk is big enough for like... 3 dead bodies (LOL - good ol' comparison to use there), so there will be plenty of room for all your stuff. Let me know!

Nov 11 08 11:14 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

EA Photographics wrote:
Do girls know about "shrinkage"?  =P

LOL - yeah, they do smile ehr, at least I do... (come on, ladies, haven't ya'll ever seen Seinfeld? LOL... just kidding, i'm not THAT much of a nerd... eh, not true, I am, but i'm proud!)

Nov 11 08 11:16 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

Ooh, if there's going to be a dedicated 18+ area, that would be awesome. I was at the M&G on Nov. 2nd, but I had to drive out into the middle of nowhere to do full nudes... which, look at my port... it's pretty much the majority of what I do. So, any photographers needing 18+ models (in Thurmont everyone seemed pretty shy about it... i'm from Florida, everyone's always naked there!) - let me know, that's my speciality, let's shoot!

Nov 11 08 11:18 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

Moore Photo Graphix wrote:

Now, I have a reason to go!

dark grey! everyone looks beautiful against dark, editorial grey! (haha, just my opinion) don't do yellow... i'll disappear! haha

Nov 11 08 11:20 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

CLT wrote:

Dark grey! Dark grey! (lol, this is the message i meant to quote before... agh... long week already, stick with me people!)

Nov 11 08 11:21 am Link

Model

Katie Damron

Fallston, Maryland, US

CLT wrote:
So I recruited an awesome guitar player today, and he'll assemble a live band for the event. All the members of the band will be talented young men who can double as male models. They will set up at the main shooting station between 5pm and 6pm and will be available as photo subjects during that time.

do they need a soprano/alto/tenor sax player, or a piano player??? yeah... that would be my other career - modeling, music and a set of ivories = 1 happy towson girl! i think i'm probably the only person ever to play in their own wedding band! (i'm not nuts, don't worry, i actually have a degree in music from Berklee... in BOSTON, not CA! different schools!)

Nov 11 08 11:25 am Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

orseis wrote:
do they need a soprano/alto/tenor sax player, or a piano player???

Would you like to have a small time slot for some sax solo performance?

Nov 11 08 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Moore Photo Graphix

orseis wrote:
Ooh, if there's going to be a dedicated 18+ area, that would be awesome. I was at the M&G on Nov. 2nd, but I had to drive out into the middle of nowhere to do full nudes... which, look at my port... it's pretty much the majority of what I do. So, any photographers needing 18+ models (in Thurmont everyone seemed pretty shy about it... i'm from Florida, everyone's always naked there!) - let me know, that's my speciality, let's shoot!

Count Me In! Look the images, and i would love to shoot with you! ;-)

Nov 11 08 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Dogbone Alt-Process

Llano, Texas, US

CLT wrote:
There are also a dense wooded area on the property for shooting outdoors.

Dense enough for some after dark light painting?

Nov 11 08 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Dogbone Alt-Process wrote:

I'd love to see you pull that one off! it'll be 20-30 degrees, and painting with light on a pinhole camera.

Nov 11 08 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Dogbone Alt-Process

Llano, Texas, US

Robb Mann wrote:
I'd love to see you pull that one off! it'll be 20-30 degrees, and painting with light on a pinhole camera.

At 20-30 degrees, I'll break down and use a glass lens. I save the pinhole for warm sunny days.

Nov 11 08 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

CLT wrote:
There are also a dense wooded area on the property for shooting outdoors.

Dogbone Alt-Process wrote:

Pretty dense, I'd say.

Last year I had the party on Dec 29th, and the temperature was in the 50s. Yay global warming!

Nov 11 08 02:20 pm Link

Model

Ashley Graham

Oceanside, California, US

I'll come if someone will scoop me up from the metro please and only if I get a chance to shoot with you CLT

Nov 11 08 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

AB Young wrote:
I'll come if someone will scoop me up from the metro please and only if I get a chance to shoot with you CLT

Take the pink line to Winchester.  Weekend fares are like a dollar cheaper than rush hour fares.

Registered models:
PK's CLT-Winchester Party Model List

Registered photographers:
PK's CLT-Winchester Party Photographer List

Peruse 'em!  (Includes registered "maybes")

Nov 11 08 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

CLT wrote:
Last year I had the party on Dec 29th, and the temperature was in the 50s. Yay global warming!

The current accepted term is 'Anthropogenic Climate Forcing', and not 'global warming'. Some places will get warmer, and some will get colder. For example, it's currently snowing at the RNC headquarters...

Actually, I'm a little bit scared of winter this year. It didn't get this cold until February last year.

Nov 11 08 06:28 pm Link