Forums > Model Colloquy > How tall is too tall for a male model?

Model

Mike C Aus

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I got told by a photographer that 6'3 is getting too tall?
what are agency cut offs?
im 6'3

Nov 24 08 05:12 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

San Francisco, California, US

Nov 24 08 05:16 am Link

Photographer

Magnus Hedemark

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

6'3" is too tall?

Pshaw!

There are so many different niches in modeling, I wouldn't worry about it.  Find your niche.

Nov 24 08 07:24 am Link

Model

Sean-Michaels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Your fine. Markus Skentenberg (sp?) is rumored to be 6'4" and is one of the most successful male models of our time. However, agencies list him at 6'3", I believe he said in a interview he is actually 6 foot 4.

Nov 24 08 07:26 am Link

Model

Brandon_Marc

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Andres Velencoso - male supermodel, 6'4''  (but rumored to list 6'2'' for castings).

Nov 24 08 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Son Appareil

San Diego, California, US

For Print work, height is not too much of a problem if you have a great look and wordrobe can work with you.
For Runway work, 6'2" is the normal maximum safe range so you can fit in anything they will have on the show rack-- but again exceptions can be made for exceptional talent.

Nov 25 08 01:17 am Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

It's best to be around 6' maybe 6'1 a 40 regular jacket and say 30-32 waist

6'3" isnt too tall but it will most likely prevent you from getting SOME fashion bookings- most companies make a 40 reg as a sample size and short sleeves and pants are well, untill designer Tom Brown came along, not going to be acceptable.

I am 6'3" weigh 185-190lbs, 42-44LONG 32 waist and have lost a campaign in Milan, almost been replaced after being flown over from NYC to Vienna etc all because of short clothes and those are just the ones I knew about- wonder how many just didnt consider me after seeing my sizes. 

but 6'3" looks great in a bathing suit/underwear etc

good luck

Nov 26 08 05:22 pm Link

Model

Engel Schrei

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Idk.

I'm 6'1", and I'm a girl. Makes things a tad difficult. Also hard to find male models to shoot with.

Nov 26 08 05:26 pm Link

Model

C h r i s t i a n

During Fashion week, LA,NY Everybody in line is the same height. 
During cattle calls or go sees everyone is the same height.
During bookings some times the chicks are taller then me. with heels.
Standard is any where from 5,10" male print models- 6,2" run way models.
Some guys that are taller definately stick out in line when the client passes you in the line.
Otherwise were flat shoes. Your fine.

Nov 26 08 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Yves Duchamp- Homme

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Sean-Michaels wrote:
Your fine. Markus Skentenberg (sp?) is rumored to be 6'4" and is one of the most successful male models of our time. However, agencies list him at 6'3", I believe he said in a interview he is actually 6 foot 4.

Kate Moss FTW.

Anyway, just say you're 6'2.5"...

Nov 26 08 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Magnus Hedemark

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Shon D.- Homme wrote:

1,9 metres.

Nov 26 08 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Engel Schrei wrote:
Idk.

I'm 6'1", and I'm a girl. Makes things a tad difficult. Also hard to find male models to shoot with.

6'1' is considered tall in the fashion industry for a woman. the height range between 5'10" to 6'0".

Nov 26 08 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

Shon D.- Homme wrote:

Kate Moss FTW.

there should be a law barring the mention of Kate Moss as an example for short girls and well Markus Shenkenberg was very handsome with an adonis physisque and perhaps the last male super model - s dont drag his name into this either

Sample sizes are 40 regular and designers usually dont have much flexibility in sizes and guys are 5 cents a dozen anyway- much easier to find the model to fit the clothes than the clothes to fit the model.

Nov 27 08 04:33 pm Link