Forums > Model Colloquy > Close shave.......smooth pubic area

Model

Monika Maple

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I have blonde hair so it is not overly nessicary for me to worry about stubble BUT I find a good expholiation works well.  Im talking the kind that has big grains of salt, bark or seeds in it, and is usually not recommended for face or sensitive areas.  Give yourself a good scrubbing, get off all excess layers of skin, then save with a new razor, change razors if nessicary.  Also, lots of weird squating and positions involved to get the right angle.

May 06 06 06:55 am Link

Photographer

O Snapps

Brooklyn, New York, US

Some one mentioned Corn Starch Talc Powder.

They quoted:

Get a fresh Gilette Sensor™ Razor, and douse the area DRY, with the Talc. Then Shave, yes DRY. Almost 90% of the
      women I know that have done this, have completely reduced razor burn, get zero bumps, and no ingrown hairs, and gets a
      super close shave. When I was told about this, I started using this method to shave my face. It works.

But Hold up.  Isn't a large percentage of the population allergic to talc?  They put it in latex gloves and a lot of people develop skin issues because of it.  Down there isn't the area I'd be wanting to experiment on without knowing first.  You might break out in something and your significant other might get the wrong idea.

May 06 06 07:03 am Link

Photographer

SeanHfoto

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Mikhail Image wrote:
Thanks for the in-depth answer Harry, but the real reason we GIs are instructed to shave with cold water is usually because there is no hot water.....and we usually shave out of our helmets.

I am interested in model's answers, however, since they are the 'end user', so to say.....And more importantly, how do I convey to the models that I desire the sooper smooth look........I think once I tell them that, the advice on how to achieve it would come in handy, since I don't know myself.

May 06 06 07:05 am Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Mikhail Image wrote:
OK, need some help and some experienced model input.  What is THE best way to get the closest, smoothest pubic area?   Wax/shave, whatever.  I'd like to hear from models that have thicker hair, as it seems that models with finer hair have less of a problem presenting a 'cleaner cut'.

I've had to photoshop out stubble, clean body makeup off of bikinis provided, on and on.   How do I best put it to models and maybe offer advise to less experienced models and make it known that I desire a clean, smooth area in the pubic area so as not to draw unwanted attention to the area for the wrong reasons, and not have to photoshop (extensively) that area.

I'm sure photogs that shoot any type of nudes may have the same issues......maybe even some models that are looking for some tips??

Dude .... you're bold (if only I were so - lol)

This is a very intimate topic to have been bought up or even discussed by a man -

May 06 06 07:06 am Link

Photographer

SeanHfoto

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Mikhail Image wrote:
Thanks for the in-depth answer Harry, but the real reason we GIs are instructed to shave with cold water is usually because there is no hot water.....and we usually shave out of our helmets.

I am interested in model's answers, however, since they are the 'end user', so to say.....And more importantly, how do I convey to the models that I desire the sooper smooth look........I think once I tell them that, the advice on how to achieve it would come in handy, since I don't know myself.

True about the lack of hot water in the field, but the cold water really way less burn under the conditions.
We tried heating water  in the desert and with bad results.
Cold is less pleasing, but it works.

May 06 06 07:08 am Link

Model

Tom Sullivan

Waxing beats razor.

May 06 06 08:20 am Link