Forums > Events > 2nd Annual Fells Point M&G Sun April 19th Balt MD

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

IT"S HAPPENING TOMORROW!!!

Get there early for the best weather

Get there late for hang'in out at the bar...

Apr 18 09 04:56 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Decadent Livia

Arlington, Virginia, US

Noticed I'm only on the list as a stylist- my model self will be there too. I will have lots of clothes wth me, and as usual, I'm taking requests for clothing items to bring. It helps with sizing if the requests are for clothes to be worn by a specified model.

Apr 18 09 06:05 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Decadent Livia wrote:
Noticed I'm only on the list as a stylist- my model self will be there too. I will have lots of clothes wth me, and as usual, I'm taking requests for clothing items to bring. It helps with sizing if the requests are for clothes to be worn by a specified model.

Sorry, FWIW the list is just an approximate attendance list, it doesn't limit what you can do there. - You don't even need to be on the list to show up!

I know several 'models' who are bringing cameras to expand their 'photographer' portfolios. I've even heard a rumor that CLT will be tyring to expand his 'modeling' profile! wink

Apr 18 09 06:13 am Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Decadent Livia wrote:

Pgae 10! Updated. Added your other port to the model list.

PICS! PICS! PICS! Click! Click! Click!

Fells Point Model List:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/list.php?list_id=177062

Fells Point Photographer List:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/list.php?list_id=177071

Fells Point Designer/MUA/Etc List:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/list.php?list_id=177667

PICS! PICS! PICS! Click! Click! Click! big_smile big_smile big_smile

Apr 18 09 06:23 am Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

If anyone else needs my cell # or anything now would be the time to PM me.

Apr 18 09 06:43 am Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Robb Mann wrote:
I know several 'models' who are bringing cameras to expand their 'photographer' portfolios. I've even heard a rumor that CLT will be tyring to expand his 'modeling' profile! wink

Unfortunately, the chance of my attendance just halved as of this morning.
If some cute girls start to beg and bribe, I might make an appearance wink

Apr 18 09 08:31 am Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

CLT wrote:

Unfortunately, the chance of my attendance just halved as of this morning.
If some cute girls start to beg and bribe, I might make an appearance wink

You have to show up to promote your June event.

Apr 18 09 08:36 am Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

PK Brazil wrote:
You have to show up to promote your June event.

That may not happen also.

The only events I'm doing with certainty this year are the two Skyline meets (may and October) and the December party.

Apr 18 09 08:38 am Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

If I'm bored tomorrow I might make an appearance. smile

Apr 18 09 08:42 am Link

Photographer

Roberto III

Lake Zurich, Illinois, US

Count me in
Ciao
Roberto

Apr 18 09 08:55 am Link

Photographer

Sean Baker Photo

San Antonio, Texas, US

Unlike some who may be fair-weather maidens attendees, we will absolutely be there.  Why wouldn't we want dramatic skies to use for shooting?  It worked last year.

Apr 18 09 10:52 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

The forecast at Weather.gov  for Baltimore is a lot better:

Sunday: A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 63. North wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 45. East wind between 13 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Is it just me or do we seem to be getting worse at predicting the weather these days?

So, up to a 1/4 inch of rain is possible through the evening. My camera can handle about 1/4 inch per hour, so I'm good to go.

Apr 18 09 11:38 am Link

Model

Kiki Kiki

Westminster, Maryland, US

I'm in!

Apr 18 09 11:41 am Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Kiki Kiki wrote:
I'm in!

Yay!! big_smile

Apr 18 09 11:46 am Link

Model

Kiki Kiki

PK Brazil wrote:
Yay!! big_smile

Yeah, I guess I should come looking gorgeous right?  I've been gone so long, people probably won't even recognize me!

Apr 18 09 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Kiki Kiki wrote:
Yeah, I guess I should come looking gorgeous right?  I've been gone so long, people probably won't even recognize me!

Yes, we've come to expect you to look gorgeous at these events.  Don't ruin it!!1!

big_smile

Apr 18 09 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Chad e Thomas

Annapolis, Maryland, US

hey guys, im curious about something. this will be only my second M&G, so should i have been contacting models to set shoots up or is it just meet up and see what happens? and are people bringing lighting equip? ive been debating about taking my stand and umbrella.

Apr 18 09 01:53 pm Link

Model

Kiki Kiki

C Thomas wrote:
hey guys, im curious about something. this will be only my second M&G, so should i have been contacting models to set shoots up or is it just meet up and see what happens? and are people bringing lighting equip? ive been debating about taking my stand and umbrella.

I

Apr 18 09 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Chad e Thomas

Annapolis, Maryland, US

Kiki Kiki wrote:

I

Apr 18 09 03:04 pm Link

Photographer

RC Images

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Robb Mann wrote:
The forecast at Weather.gov  for Baltimore is a lot better:

Sunday: A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 63. North wind between 3 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 45. East wind between 13 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Is it just me or do we seem to be getting worse at predicting the weather these days?

So, up to a 1/4 inch of rain is possible through the evening. My camera can handle about 1/4 inch per hour, so I'm good to go.

Dark foreboding clouds make awesome backgrounds!

Apr 18 09 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

RC Images

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

Kiki Kiki wrote:
I'm in!

Cool

Apr 18 09 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Moore Photo Graphix

Sean Baker wrote:
Unlike some who may be fair-weather maidens attendees, we will absolutely be there.  Why wouldn't we want dramatic skies to use for shooting?  It worked last year.

That's my kind of thinking! https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/borat.gif

Apr 18 09 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

sl3966

Jacksonville, Florida, US

C Thomas wrote:

I will have 3 lights ninja mostly because I am too lazy to take them out of the back of the car today so they get to come with me, lol.

Apr 18 09 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Prendergast

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Kiki Kiki wrote:

I

Apr 18 09 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

H2-Photography

Jessup, Maryland, US

I'll be there too.  and yep with lights if needed.

John

Apr 18 09 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

C Thomas wrote:

In most cases, setting up times to shoot with a particular person rarely works out in a M&G environment, and is often detrimental to the actual spirit of what I think a M&G should be. I'm very pleased that we haven't had long threads of people booking times for this event!

Shooting is of course, welcome, but the real purpose of a meet and greet is to discover new talents and expand your network, not to avoid setting up arranged shoots with your established network by cajoling them to work with you in a M&G.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Should be an excellent day!

Apr 18 09 06:47 pm Link

Model

Trixi Marquette

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

So I have made the decision to rock my green hair tomorrow! I am actually hoping for a little bit of rain... The shoots that look spuratic with dark clouds and a little rain are so hot! I am from Minnesota so i am willing to do what it takes to get a shot!

Apr 18 09 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Sean Baker Photo

San Antonio, Texas, US

Morning can't get here soon enough.  Who's ready to start now?

Apr 18 09 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

Chad e Thomas

Annapolis, Maryland, US

Robb Mann wrote:

In most cases, setting up times to shoot with a particular person rarely works out in a M&G environment, and is often detrimental to the actual spirit of what I think a M&G should be. I'm very pleased that we haven't had long threads of people booking times for this event!

Shooting is of course, welcome, but the real purpose of a meet and greet is to discover new talents and expand your network, not to avoid setting up arranged shoots with your established network by cajoling them to work with you in a M&G.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Should be an excellent day!

AWESOME! i was hoping for exactly that! smile (sigh of relief)
see everyone tomorrow!

Apr 18 09 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

Moore Photo Graphix

Trixi Marquette wrote:
So I have made the decision to rock my green hair tomorrow! I am actually hoping for a little bit of rain... The shoots that look spuratic with dark clouds and a little rain are so hot! I am from Minnesota so i am willing to do what it takes to get a shot!

Can't Wait To See That!

Apr 18 09 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Meiers

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Might be going smile

Won't be sure until about 10:30am sad

If I go, I'm willing to give a ride if you're between McLean and the M&G smile

Will be leaving B-more by 3 though sad

Apr 18 09 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Looks the the weather has improved  quite a bit:

We should have a high near 70 today, with a chance of a few random raindrops before dinner. If anyone wants to stay until 9 or 10PM, we will have showers moving in.

From NOAA :
Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Calm wind becoming east between 6 and 9 mph.

Tonight: Showers, mainly after midnight. Low around 49. East wind between 10 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

From Weather Channel:
Today: Cloudy skies. High 68F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph.

Tonight: Showers early becoming a steady rain overnight. Windy. Low 49F. Winds E at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall near a half an inch.

Apr 19 09 02:28 am Link

Photographer

Dogbone Alt-Process

Llano, Texas, US

Robb Mann wrote:

Indeed!

Please remember to bring your portfolio and business cards!

I hope to spend much more time looking at your past work and talking about what the future holds than doing any extended shooting. I will have some toys for an impromptu shot or three but I'm only bringing one roll of film.

Apr 19 09 03:40 am Link

Model

MissinKitti

Beltsville, Maryland, US

Getting antsy!!!!!!!!

Apr 19 09 05:58 am Link

Photographer

PhotoDr

Chantilly, Virginia, US

Heading out early to try to find parking!

Anyone want to stay late and shoot at dusk?

David

Apr 19 09 06:05 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

PhotoDr wrote:
Heading out early to try to find parking!

Anyone want to stay late and shoot at dusk?

David

I'm planning on getting there around 10:30 so i can scope out the street fair.

Apr 19 09 06:15 am Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I think I'm getting there at 1PMish.

Apr 19 09 06:26 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

PK Brazil wrote:
I think I'm getting there at 1PMish.

Heck, I'm amazed you're awake now! wink

Apr 19 09 06:32 am Link

Photographer

Moore Photo Graphix

After shower and breakfast, I'll be there!

Apr 19 09 06:40 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Trixi Marquette wrote:

Awesome! That'll look great with the skys we're likely to have.

Apr 19 09 06:48 am Link