Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Model Mayhem model is arrested for filming cops

Photographer

Carlos Miller

Miami, Florida, US

Tasha Ford was unjustly arrested Saturday night because she was concerned about her son who also was unjustly handcuffed.

Here is her MM profile.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/99456

Here is the story.

http://carlosmiller.com/2009/03/06/sout … -officers/

Mar 05 09 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

Danger Ninja

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

well that's no good

Mar 05 09 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Angel Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

...Been There...

...Done That...

...and got away with it...

...(under police pressure, but I have police issued press creds so they couldn't really do anything about it)...

Mar 05 09 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

K E E L I N G

Peoria, Illinois, US

I believe almost half of that story.  Probably not very close to half, but definitely over a quarter of it.

Wow, she was spitting out kids at 12 years old, I gotta admit......that was impressive.

Mar 05 09 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

Danger Ninja

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Chris Keeling wrote:
I believe almost half of that story.  Probably not very close to half, but definitely over a quarter of it.

Wow, she was spitting out kids at 12 years old, I gotta admit......that was impressive.

yeah i thought that was kinda funny, probably not her son by birth though

with these stories on slanted sites you always have to take them with a grain of salt and wait and see

Mar 05 09 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

Segovia Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Cops should be inviting people to video tape them if they have nothing to hide, it would prove that they did everything by the book, unless they are committing a crime themselves.

Mar 05 09 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

DMHolman

Lynnwood, Washington, US

Don't mean to offend, but is this story up on any other news sites?  Your just a tad bit too biased on the issue for me take that at face value.  That and she'd be, what, 12 or 13 when she had her son?  Possible, but, you know ... any of the mainstream outlets picked this up?

-=>D

*Edit*

PS.  This is my favorite part of that whole article: “... you fucking northerners think you can come down here and mess with cops. You are about to get a lesson 101 on how to deal with Florida cops.”

*Re-edit*

nm on the age thing ... booking info makes that a moot point.

Mar 05 09 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Angel Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Segovia Photography wrote:
Cops should be inviting people to video tape them if they have nothing to hide, it would prove that they did everything by the book, unless they are committing a crime themselves.

..."WORD"...

but those same cops would prefer that they remain in control of the person videotaping them (so as to of course create a biased opinion)...

Mar 05 09 11:31 pm Link

Photographer

Segovia Photography

DMHolman wrote:
Don't mean to offend, but is this story up on any other news sites?  Your just a tad bit too biased on the issue for me take that at face value.  That and she'd be, what, 12 or 13 when she had her son?  Possible, but, you know ... any of the mainstream outlets picked this up?

-=>D

*Edit*

PS.  This is my favorite part of that whole article: “... you fucking northerners think you can come down here and mess with cops. You are about to get a lesson 101 on how to deal with Florida cops.”

*Re-edit*

nm on the age thing ... booking info makes that a moot point.

It might be possible that she lied about her age on her port,,,

I know it's rare but some models lie about their age.

Mar 05 09 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

Dark Angel Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

It might be possible that she lied about her age on her port,,,

I know it's rare but some models lie about their age.

...now why would a model lie about thier age.?...   "lol"lol"lol"   tongue

Mar 05 09 11:43 pm Link

Model

Dark Entries

San Francisco, California, US

.....she's "28" with a 16 year old son....

what?!

Mar 06 09 01:43 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Dark Angel Photography wrote:
...Been There...

...Done That...

...and got away with it...

...(under police pressure, but I have police issued press creds so they couldn't really do anything about it)...

Legally they can't do anything anyway.

And so the Black Panthers were born.

Mar 06 09 01:49 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

Dark Angel Photography wrote:
...now why would a model lie about thier age.?...   "lol"lol"lol"   tongue

I have no friends here who have EVER done that.

*shifty eyes*

Chris Keeling wrote:

And by 26 she means 32.

Mar 06 09 01:50 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

http://www.ACLU.org

Carlos Miller wrote:
Tasha Ford was unjustly arrested Saturday night because she was concerned about her son who also was unjustly handcuffed.

Here is her MM profile.

Here is the story.

Mar 06 09 01:51 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

I have a feeling this thread is going to go a different direction than OP wanted.

Mar 06 09 01:53 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

PYPI FASHION wrote:
I have a feeling this thread is going to go a different direction than OP wanted.

you rang. lol

That's how the Black Panthers got started.  Citizens would observe arrests.  Sometimes gathering in crowds to observe.

The government didn't like that very much.  The police being policed.

Citizens could also observe the police at a distance while also being as visibly armed as the police themselves.

There's a few kids of Panther's wandering around here.

smile

Mar 06 09 01:54 am Link

Photographer

PYPI FASHION

Note that this is a blog entry written to look like a news article by the OP, not a mainstream media article.

Mar 06 09 01:57 am Link

Photographer

Segovia Photography

Dave the design student wrote:

PYPI FASHION wrote:

you rang. lol

That's how the Black Panthers got started.  Citizens would observe arrests.  Sometimes gathering in crowds to observe.

The government didn't like that very much.  The police being policed.

Citizens could also observe the police at a distance while also being as visibly armed as the police themselves.

There's a few kids of Panther's wandering around here.

smile

It seems like the police still don't like it, the police think they are above the law well they ain't above mine!

Mar 06 09 02:25 am Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

PYPI FASHION wrote:
Note that this is a blog entry written to look like a news article by the OP, not a mainstream media article.

Yeah, I haven't seen reporting like that since Edward R. Murrow died.  lol

Mar 06 09 02:47 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

PYPI FASHION wrote:

It was featured in the South Florida Sun-Sentinal. His blog about this incident was the blog of the day.

http://carlosmiller.com/2009/03/05/sout … home-page/

Also his blog was once mentioned in a New York Times article.

Mar 06 09 03:20 am Link

Photographer

A_Nova_Photography

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, US

I dunno... I think if she had of walked out of the car, approached an Officer and found out what happened before she started video taping we might have a whole different story here. The streets are for resolving situations, courts are for arguing... My Mother never believe my stories and always believed the cops, at least my Mother knew who was telling the truth...

Mar 06 09 05:07 am Link

Photographer

Vlad Kryvdyk

Chicago, Illinois, US

actually that is illegal for two reasons:

1. the cops are public workers so the public "owns" them in a sense.
2. they are on public land.

they can be photographed and filmed and they cannot do a thing.

Mar 06 09 05:14 am Link

Photographer

Greg Burnside ITS

Lockhart, Florida, US

As a photographer, I pray for the police to offend my rights… I film accidents, arrests, fires, other types of photojournalistic events. I had asked the past sheriff permission (kind jester) for permission to photography his deputies. There is a current request in now with newly elected sheriff.

If you do not know if you film either it is still or video from public area you are within the law. *unless shooting military, government buildings, ect…They can not confiscate your camera or film (media)… you do not have to delete photos either. It is your personal property and you have a copyright to anything you take with any type of camera.

I hope that all photographers know their rights and exercise their right to photograph…

Keep a copy of this with you when shooting… hell keep one at all times… if you see a fellow photographer in trouble give it to them…

http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf

Link to page:

http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

PS... I hope this is not a spif to get attention... that kind of crap give real photographer/models a bad name and pisses me off.

Mar 06 09 05:40 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Carlos Miller wrote:
Here is the story.

I know I'm only get one side of the story but I got a chuckle from this section.

But the officers seemed mainly concerned about the camera.

“They said ‘you can’t record people without letting them know’,” she said.

“So I said, ‘Ok, Tasha Ford is recording you’ and I continued filming them.

Mar 06 09 06:33 am Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Santa Cruz, California, US

Edit: The MM model has now given permission to discuss this.

Mar 06 09 06:59 am Link

Photographer

Carlos Miller

Miami, Florida, US

The pompousness of photographers on this site never fails to amaze me. It reminds me of why I stopped posting here in the first place.

I am the guy who wrote the story. I am also a professional journalist who once worked for the “mainstream” media and who still does occasional work for them, including a recent photo assignment for The New York Post.

I know many of you have this naïve notion that if it was not covered by the mainstream media, then it just simply didn’t happen.

Well the South Florida Sun Sentinel is actually looking into this incident as we speak. So are various lawyers. So stay tuned because sometimes it’s people like me who spark the fire.

The comments on this thread do not surprise me because there was another article I wrote that was discussed on MM not too long ago – which also brought out a ton of disparaging comments from so-called photographers – that never made the mainstream media either.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … ost8503629

But it did end up airing on The Colbert Report and the photographer did end up receiving a five-figure settlement.

http://carlosmiller.com/2009/02/03/the- … ime-story/

http://carlosmiller.com/2009/02/19/amtr … ent-aired/

All this because it was first reported on a “’0’ ranked blogsite”. Actually it is ranked in the top 200,00 in the world on Alexa, which is more than any of you can do if you were single-handedly running a site with absolutely no help.

But it still hasn’t been reported by the mainstream media, so I guess it really didn’t happen.

Mar 06 09 07:37 am Link

Model

StarDoll

Pulaski, Virginia, US

“you fucking northerners think you can come down here and mess with cops. You are about to get a lesson 101 on how to deal with Florida cops.”
lol
The idiocy...

Mar 06 09 07:53 am Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Chatsworth, California, US

Carlos Miller wrote:
The comments on this thread do not surprise me because there was another article I wrote that was discussed on MM not too long ago – which also brought out a ton of disparaging comments from so-called photographers – that never made the mainstream media either...

Why would someone's opinion on a news article call into question if they are a real photographer or not?

Mar 06 09 08:05 am Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Edit: The MM model has now given explicit permission to discuss this.

Mar 06 09 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Carlos Miller

Miami, Florida, US

Brooks Ayola wrote:

Why would someone's opinion on a news article call into question if they are a real photographer or not?

So-called photographers because many have no clue about basic Constitutional rights when it comes to photography.

Mar 06 09 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Carlos Miller

Miami, Florida, US

Skydancer wrote:
The main problem with this thread is that OP has chosen to out another MM member, who is now being discussed and commented on.

This thread needs to be locked. OP can generate hits to his blog elsewhere.

Nobody "outed" anybody. She went on the record with me knowing this would be published.

She did nothing wrong so she has no shame about being arrested. In fact, she wants this to get out to expose an unlawful arrest.

The judge dropped the felony charge so doesn't that tell you anything?

It tells me there is no lawful arrest to base a resisting arrest charge on.

Mar 06 09 08:19 am Link

Photographer

Carlos Miller

Miami, Florida, US

To tell you the truth, I was thinking this would generate support for the model considering this is Model Mayhem.

But I should have known better.

Really, to judge a woman because she had a son at a young age?

This is a woman who has raised her kids, provided for her kids and who cares for her kids to the point where it got her arrested.

And you guys are morally judging her?

Mar 06 09 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Mar 06 09 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Chatsworth, California, US

Carlos Miller wrote:

So-called photographers because many have no clue about basic Constitutional rights when it comes to photography.

Knowing or not knowing your constitutional rights has nothing to do with whether or not someone is a photographer. I don't even have to know how copyrights work in order to be a photographer. It was just you spitting back is all.

Mar 06 09 08:32 am Link

Photographer

Carlos Miller

Miami, Florida, US

Skydancer wrote:
If the model wanted to tell her story on Model Mayhem, she could have posted it herself. If you want to write an op/ed story about someone on your own blog, then that's where it belongs. Again, this thread should be locked for outing another MM member in the forums and for stirring up drama.

Whatever dude. If the mods want to lock it, then let them.

But I'm curious to see if anybody else agrees with you.

Mar 06 09 08:33 am Link

Photographer

Carlos Miller

Miami, Florida, US

Brooks Ayola wrote:

Knowing or not knowing your constitutional rights has nothing to do with whether or not someone is a photographer. I don't even have to know how copyrights work in order to be a photographer. It was just you spitting back is all.

I guess it's no different than people on this thread inferring that I am not a real journalist.

Mar 06 09 08:38 am Link

Model

Megan G

Parker, Colorado, US

lol I don't believe any of it.

Mar 06 09 08:46 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Skydancer wrote:
Way to generate page hits to your blogsite... and out an MM member at the same time.

I was interested in the story!  It could happen to any of us!
You are just being negative!!    sad

Mar 06 09 09:04 am Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Mar 06 09 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Carlos Miller wrote:

Here is her MM profile.

Here is the story.

She has a son old enough to get put in handcuffs?

Ok...read the story.  EVERYONE involved are a bunch of fucking idiots.

Mar 06 09 09:09 am Link