Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Las Vegas Photography community.

Photographer

H B P

Posts: 3583

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Might not be the appropriate place for this but I didn't know where to post this. So if the mods get mad, sorry. Just let me know where to go.

Awhile back, the "702 crew" had a thread that was pretty massive and fun. It was for an event, a big "Meet & Greet" follow by  the "Great Las Vegas Shootout."

Just posting pictures from our "get togethers" and behind the scene photos from shoots. interacting with other photographers, models, MUA, Hairstylist and so on. It's pretty awesome how the Las Vegas photography community got together and helped one another.

Well the event ended and kind of went away. Which sucks because now I have nothing to do at work but "work."

So I kind of want to start another one and see where it goes. Post whatever you want. Photos from recent shoots, behind the scenes stuff, or if you just want to kick it and talk shop. I'm down. Just no haters please.

Here's a pic of Mike Lee (polarpics) doing work with Ms Schroeder.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/LordSpam1/Mike.jpg

Jul 16 09 02:52 am Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

Posts: 28521

Los Angeles, California, US

HBP Photography wrote:

hmm


erm... Why didn't you show up to the meet and greet last Saturday that was in Vegas?

I swear ya'll must have had a good time or something because this thread popped up months later, lol. Enjoy reliving the memory! big_smile


edit:

Las Vegas right in the title
http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=467472

Jul 16 09 02:55 am Link

Photographer

H B P

Posts: 3583

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

LADY SWEET FACE wrote:
hmm


erm... Why didn't you show up to the meet and greet last Saturday that was in Vegas?

I swear ya'll must have had a good time or something because this thread popped up months later, lol. Enjoy reliving the memory! big_smile

There was a Meet and Greet last Saturday? I wasn't aware. Where was it?

I had a great time. Just want to get some interaction with the others in Las Vegas and see what's everyone up to now.

Jul 16 09 02:57 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

LADY SWEET FACE wrote:

hmm


erm... Why didn't you show up to the meet and greet last Saturday that was in Vegas?

~~~
Isn the host of the Meet and Greet supposed to tell more people than just on a thread.  I would of love to come too.  smile  would love to meet "The Dave"  I heard he was there.

Jul 16 09 08:46 am Link

Photographer

Image K

Posts: 23374

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:

~~~
Isn the host of the Meet and Greet supposed to tell more people than just on a thread.  I would of love to come too.  smile  would love to meet "The Dave"  I heard he was there.

"The Dave", in fact, was NOT there...he was in New York attending a family event.

I wasn't aware of any Meet-and-Greet either, so I missed it as well.

Jul 16 09 08:49 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Image K wrote:

"The Dave", in fact, was NOT there...he was in New York attending a family event.

I wasn't aware of any Meet-and-Greet either, so I missed it as well.

yea that sucked, I would of loved to be a guest and not the HOST this time around.. and Mr Image K your on my list for "Interesting People to Meet" as some of your quit wit, and quirtky comments in threads are fun to read.

Jul 16 09 08:51 am Link

Photographer

Image K

Posts: 23374

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:

yea that sucked, I would of loved to be a guest and not the HOST this time around.. and Mr Image K your on my list for "Interesting People to Meet" as some of your quit wit, and quirtky comments in threads are fun to read.

I'm sure we'll get a chance to meet eventually, Mike.

Looking forward to it.

So far, your M & G's have been during times that it has been impossible for me to attend.

Jul 16 09 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Ruben Vasquez

Posts: 3115

Puyallup, Washington, US

God dammit this the second time I've missed a meet and greet...

Jul 16 09 09:01 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yea.. I know... I just saw the one at the studio somene else was hosting but i guess that one filled up fast.  I sure would like to see someone HOST one with like at a park or a big area.  But if someone does HOST it, please alert photographers dont leave us out of the loop.



Since harold posted one of me, I gotta post one as well.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/harold.jpg

Jul 16 09 09:10 am Link

Photographer

H B P

Posts: 3583

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:
Yea.. I know... I just saw the one at the studio somene else was hosting but i guess that one filled up fast.  I sure would like to see someone HOST one with like at a park or a big area.  But if someone does HOST it, please alert photographers dont leave us out of the loop.



Since harold posted one of me, I gotta post one as well.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/harold.jpg

Hello people.

Man Mike, that's one scary looking dude.

Edited: Where did that damn cat come from? Weird.

Jul 16 09 10:01 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Posts: 18030

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jul 16 09 10:06 am Link

Photographer

H B P

Posts: 3583

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

LADY SWEET FACE wrote:
hmm


erm... Why didn't you show up to the meet and greet last Saturday that was in Vegas?

I swear ya'll must have had a good time or something because this thread popped up months later, lol. Enjoy reliving the memory! big_smile


edit:

Las Vegas right in the title
http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=467472

Ahh, I see. That look like it would have been fun. Maybe I should start checking threads more often.

SayCheeZ! wrote:
Several here:
http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/nv/las_vegas/groups/

Wow, this is cool. Thanks for the post.

Jul 16 09 10:07 am Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Posts: 33857

San Francisco, California, US

I had fun. smile

Jul 16 09 10:28 am Link

Photographer

TheCinCity Project

Posts: 7611

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I've never been to any...wanted to, but my schedule always seemed to screw me up....are they still active?

Jul 16 09 10:34 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
Several here:
http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/nv/las_vegas/groups/

~~~

BUT thats not a modelmayhem link or event.  Im just trying to try say that the events here in Las Vegas via MM threads or post, bulletins are null, low, or fizzle out, or are not advertised with ample enough time, OR they call them workshops where people have to pay $$$ to just meet some down to earth people.

Jul 16 09 11:07 am Link

Photographer

-The Dave-

Posts: 8627

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:

~~~
Isn the host of the Meet and Greet supposed to tell more people than just on a thread.  I would of love to come too.  smile  would love to meet "The Dave"  I heard he was there.

I was on the list to go however sometimes something else more important comes up and…

There will be others…

Jul 16 09 11:23 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

my friend Megan Jane... rocking the plus size world and taking names... who says you have to be under 150lbs to be a model or pretty.

This girl is awesome to work with... if you ever want a fun model, find her and tell her "POLARPICS" sent ya.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/4251MeganJane.jpg
http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/090427/00/49f55ff511b24.jpg
http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/081220/16/494d9262e7a4b.jpg

Jul 16 09 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Xquizit PiX By Lillie K

Posts: 249

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yeah Yeah we got another one up.... Hey Mike arn't you soposed to be shooting soon?  Heheee

Hi Harold, Miss you buddy, thanks for starting a new thread.   

So I have a question for the photgraphers in Vegas.  I am looking to get a REAL studio, but I can't do it on my own.  I would love to work hand in hand with another photographer to make this thing work.  If any of you interested let me know so we can work something out.  I have a bunch of ideas and a spot already picked out.  Anyone interested?  Ohh the spot is in Henderson too.

Jul 16 09 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Xquizit PiX By Lillie K wrote:
Yeah Yeah we got another one up.... Hey Mike arn't you soposed to be shooting soon?  Heheee

Hi Harold, Miss you buddy, thanks for starting a new thread.   

So I have a question for the photgraphers in Vegas.  I am looking to get a REAL studio, but I can't do it on my own.  I would love to work hand in hand with another photographer to make this thing work.  If any of you interested let me know so we can work something out.  I have a bunch of ideas and a spot already picked out.  Anyone interested?  Ohh the spot is in Henderson too.

Mario has been talking like this for a long time, if you are absolutely serious, leave a PM message for mario.... IM SERIOUS!!!

Jul 16 09 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

Xquizit PiX By Lillie K

Posts: 249

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:

Mario has been talking like this for a long time, if you are absolutely serious, leave a PM message for mario.... IM SERIOUS!!!

K will do....

Jul 16 09 02:19 pm Link

Model

The Main Man

Posts: 4135

Sacramento, California, US

Sigh....Good times with "The 702 Crew"

http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?threa … ost9588815

Ill be back in November. Lookin Like "King Leonidas" Beard, Abs and all tongue

Jul 16 09 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

H B P

Posts: 3583

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:

Mario has been talking like this for a long time, if you are absolutely serious, leave a PM message for mario.... IM SERIOUS!!!

Yup Mario been saying we should do this for a while. I'd like to what you had in mind.

Jul 16 09 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Chanel Rene

Posts: 6767

Huntington Beach, California, US

I heard this was the place to be for Vegas peeps. wink
Mike... I need to find a studio rental in Vegas for August 2nd. If you know of any, please send info my way... This will be my first Vegas trip evarrrr! yay!

Jul 16 09 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

lisa wright PHOTOGRAPHY

Posts: 8

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Just wanted to stop by and say "HI."  Lillie, Mike, Harold, Mario...miss you all!  Let's get together soon.  Main Man, I'll see you in November!

Lisa

Jul 16 09 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Chanel Rene wrote:
I heard this was the place to be for Vegas peeps. wink
Mike... I need to find a studio rental in Vegas for August 2nd. If you know of any, please send info my way... This will be my first Vegas trip evarrrr! yay!

Chanel Rene, there is a studio i rented for the whole day from 9am to 6pm costed me about $340 or so. they do supply lights, remotes, props, make up room, and a additional room not pictured.  If my friends from 702 can "vouch for me" that were a part of the shootout they will say its ample and sufficient for a 2-7 person venue. No more than that, it will not handle anything more.

but heres a flyer i put together for my shootout.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/polarpics_2007/Untitled-23.jpg


But...... if you looking for more elaborate studio get ready to pay the high hourly rates, like $99-150 an hour (i can get info on those too as well.)

PM me and lets talk... how was your meet and greet Chanel?

Jul 16 09 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Chanel Rene

Posts: 6767

Huntington Beach, California, US

POLARPICS wrote:

Chanel Rene, there is a studio i rented for the whole day from 9am to 6pm costed me about $340 or so. they do supply lights, remotes, props, make up room, and a additional room not pictured.  If my friends from 702 can "vouch for me" that were a part of the shootout they will say its ample and sufficient for a 2-7 person venue. No more than that, it will not handle anything more.

but heres a flyer i put together for my shootout.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/polarpics_2007/Untitled-23.jpgx


But...... if you looking for more elaborate studio get ready to pay the high hourly rates, like $99-150 an hour (i can get info on those too as well.)

PM me and lets talk... how was your meet and greet Chanel?

Thanks for the info!
That place could work... I'm thinking 6 at most. smile

My 2nd meet-n-greet was great 75 people. Only 1 crazy mofo! lol

Jul 16 09 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

H B P

Posts: 3583

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Here's a lighting set up.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/LordSpam1/DSC_0145small.jpg

I mean it when I say I'll shoot anywhere and use anything thing. That's the "Death Star" at the Jean Dry Lake bed.

The results:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/LordSpam1/DSC_0152web.jpg

Jul 16 09 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

HBP Photography wrote:

Now this is true skills... as it doesnt take much to make a great photo.. I like to see how the PRO's here in Las Vegas do their behind the scene shots and show us newbies how its done... (you smell that)..... sniff sniff... sniff... I smell a challenge for people to post more pics...

Heres an outtake i had with Ms Schroeder from our shoot.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/Sara5.jpg

Jul 16 09 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Caristo Photog

Posts: 342

Buda, Texas, US

Mike, Harold & All,

Thanks for the "shout out & the invite" to this thread! Looking forward to shooting together soon.

Michael Caristo Photography

Jul 16 09 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Glad you can make it Michael C...

show us some of your recent work or some cutting room floor pics.

Thanks

Jul 16 09 09:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Selena Nagaoka-Finnell

Posts: 1

Spring Valley, Nevada, US

hey there mike thanks for letting me know about this blog area for 702 crew..

aloha
selena

Jul 17 09 12:04 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Selena Nagaoka wrote:
hey there mike thanks for letting me know about this blog area for 702 crew..

aloha
selena

Glad yuo made it Selena,

here in the these threads that my "peeps" represent,  we like to keep people in the loop.  And heres why.

its fun, simple and its cool to see new pics posted of behind the scenes stuff, or pics that didnt make someones portfolio.

try and grab some more people if you can... the more the merrier

Jul 17 09 12:34 am Link

Photographer

Brian Hillburn

Posts: 2436

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
Several here:
http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/nv/las_vegas/groups/

That's a cool link. I did not know about the photography club. I shall attend a meeting soon...

Jul 17 09 01:15 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

still deciding what im going to do with these.  :[
the only one i think that ROCKS is the last one with her hand by her throat

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/ContactSheet-11.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/ContactSheet-12.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/ContactSheet-14.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/ContactSheet-15.jpg

Jul 17 09 09:43 am Link

Photographer

Travis Sackett

Posts: 1613

Los Angeles, California, US

POLARPICS wrote:
Now this is true skills... as it doesnt take much to make a great photo.. I like to see how the PRO's here in Las Vegas do their behind the scene shots and show us newbies how its done... (you smell that)..... sniff sniff... sniff... I smell a challenge for people to post more pics...

Heres an outtake i had with Ms Schroeder from our shoot.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/Sara5.jpg

Here are a couple mine for ya

Shot with Roxy Rouge - #247059
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/Deuse/017-1.jpg

Shot with Tali Rogue - #2658
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/Deuse/DUC_0045.jpg

Shot with Tiffany Jackson - #615445

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/Deuse/001-19.jpg

Shot with Kissy - #172700
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a165/Deuse/025.jpg


more at www.TravisSackett.com

Jul 17 09 10:43 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Travis glad you made it.... hope to mingle with ya one day and shoot the shit around the dinner table if we can ever arrange another sit down dinner. Im waiting for someone in Las Vegas to organize one but somehow i keep reading and seeing everyones too busy to make a casual "meet and greet/hangout session"

Jul 17 09 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Travis Sackett

Posts: 1613

Los Angeles, California, US

i have nothing going on, if im not shooting then im usually free, so im always down to have a meet-up

Jul 17 09 11:04 am Link

Model

The Main Man

Posts: 4135

Sacramento, California, US

lisa wright PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
Just wanted to stop by and say "HI."  Lillie, Mike, Harold, Mario...miss you all!  Let's get together soon.  Main Man, I'll see you in November!

Lisa

big_smile big_smile big_smile

And just some advice for the people who come to this thread and are in The 702, Add it to your "FAVORITES" on your computer and check in to it very often. You never know when some of these models and photographers might have an impromptu weekend shootout and maybe meet-ups. Hell, I say Ill be there in November, but just might make a small appearence next month for a day or two. smile

Jul 17 09 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Posts: 2437

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The Main Man wrote:
..... but just might make a small appearence next month for a day or two. smile

I might need a assistant seeing that im shooting MJ in August instead of late July

Jul 17 09 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

H B P

Posts: 3583

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Good afternoon to the fabulous people of MM. Charles is coming back, sweet dude, Can't wait.

This is what I do when I'm waiting for the model.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/LordSpam1/DSC_0024.jpg
I take pictures of myself. I have tons of them. That's the reflection through one of the windows of the "Death Star" (my car).

Here's another lighting set up.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/LordSpam1/DSC_0147.jpg
I don't have a "result" picture yet but you get the idea. That's Victoria Quang on the ground looking at her blackberry.

I'm behind on editing and here's a couple I just finished.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2625/3726400634_d0a5656ef6.jpg
Jennie, No strobes just a light reflecting off the windows of a building next door.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2629/3729962553_17de16426e.jpg
Ms. Schroeder. Mike might have the same pic. We shot her at the same time at his summerlin location.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2554/3730759418_57dd69ba8e.jpg
Had a quickie shoot with Sarah S. at downtown Las Vegas. Maybe 45 mins long. Super hot outside. I was sweating bullets. All in the name for a good shot.

I think that's it for now. till next time.

Edited: I'm going for top page. Lookout, fat man rising.

Jul 17 09 03:13 pm Link