This thread was locked on 2012-06-20 20:00:21
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Body paint the vagina?

Model

Lily Kim

Los Angeles, California, US

Lol. I've been wanting to do a body paint shot for my portfolio. I'm used to makeup artists around my decollete, but I'm hoping there is a product out there (pasty) or something for the bikini area to paint over. What is this called?

Aug 22 09 05:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

for starters.... your panting the labia not the vagina... I hope....

and any body paint that s safe to use on the skin should be just fine but please to a skin test..
OCC , Mehron, Ben Nye , are a few name brands that make body paints...

again please make sure to do a patch test....

Aug 22 09 05:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jordan Liberty

New York, New York, US

Lily Kim wrote:
Lol. I've been wanting to do a body paint shot for my portfolio. I'm used to makeup artists around my decollete, but I'm hoping there is a product out there (pasty) or something for the bikini area to paint over. What is this called?

MakeUpForEver sells something like this at their pro store. It's like a nude thong you can paint over. One of the bodypainting peeps should be able to direct you where else to find one and what the technical name is hahaha.

Aug 22 09 05:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jordan Liberty

New York, New York, US

Just found it in the catalog - cotton string underwear.

http://www.makeupforever.com/int/en/pro … underwear/

Aug 22 09 05:28 pm Link

Model

Lily Kim

Jordan Liberty wrote:
Just found it in the catalog - cotton string underwear.

http://www.makeupforever.com/int/en/pro … underwear/

Awesome, thank you!

Aug 22 09 05:30 pm Link

Model

JadeDRed

London, England, United Kingdom

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:

*Shudders*

OP the vagina is on the inside.

Aug 22 09 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Denver, Colorado, US

Lily Kim wrote:

You be painted in the inside too?

Edit:  I see others have mentioned the same thing.

Aug 22 09 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

MTKelly

Midland, Texas, US

Post hidden on Aug 25, 2009 11:16 am
Reason: not helpful
Comments:
Advocating unsafe practices.

Aug 22 09 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographic Aspirations

Long Beach, California, US

Post hidden on Aug 25, 2009 11:17 am

Aug 22 09 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Adam_A

Redding, California, US

Argh!  Just say "pussy" and people will inherently know what you mean.

Aug 22 09 05:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jordan Liberty

New York, New York, US

MTKelly wrote:
I use acrylic latex paint from Home Depot.  Water based and it's easy to jump into the shower and knocks off easily.

I either put paint right on the "naughty bits" or will use a bit of medical tape to cover the lips and paint away.

I'm sure I'm gonna get loads of "Oh that's so bad for the models" replies.  Well I've done it lots and have had NO ill effects.

Best of luck.

Yet another bright idea from a non-makeup artist.

This is the same as: "I smoked for 20 years and didn't die." Yet smoking related illness kills more than murders, HIV, and car accidents combined.

Just because YOU didn't have side effects, it doesn't mean you should recommend it to others as a solution. It's reckless, silly, and in this case....off topic. She's asking about something to protect her cookie from paint, not advice on what paint to purchase.

Some people have no regard for the safety of others, particularly the safety of models. I really worry for these girls!

Someone posted a while back that it was safe to use rubber cement as an adhesive on the body because 'they had NO ill side effects.' A model did this and it ripped the skin off her nipple.

Think before you speak:)

Aug 22 09 05:38 pm Link

Model

Sierra Sunshine

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Post hidden on Aug 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Aug 22 09 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Leroy Dickson

Flint, Michigan, US

Fotographic Aspirations wrote:
Nothing that some duct tape can't solve !

Ouchie!!!!

Aug 22 09 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Shane Noir

Jordan Liberty wrote:
Someone posted a while back that it was safe to use rubber cement as an adhesive on the body because 'they had NO ill side effects.' A model did this and it ripped the skin off her nipple.

Think before you speak:)

Jesus!! I knew rubber cement was toxic, but had no idea it was so adhesive

Aug 22 09 05:44 pm Link

Model

Lily Kim

Shane Noir wrote:

Jesus!! I knew rubber cement was toxic, but had no idea it was so adhesive

Mea culpa mea culpa, I wish I could repost this thread with the right anatomical body part, sorry. 2nd language, I swear.

Yeah. When I was twelve, I glued a glow in the dark star to my forehead for halloween. It left a scar that resembled a bad burn, all dark and blistery. Didn't disappear for a year and a half. And that was when I was twelve and producing lots of collagen...

Aug 22 09 05:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jordan Liberty

New York, New York, US

Lily Kim wrote:
Mea culpa mea culpa, I wish I could repost this thread with the right anatomical body part, sorry. 2nd language, I swear.

Pay them no mind, if they read the post, they'd understand what you were asking for:)

Call the MUFE store in NYC and they'll ship it right out, or you can check online at theatrical supply and makeup supply stores like Naimies. MUFE: 212 941 9337

Good luck!

Aug 22 09 06:00 pm Link

Model

JadeDRed

London, England, United Kingdom

Lily Kim wrote:

No worries, just note that if anyone offers to paint your vagina there is only one thing they should be doing do it with!

Aug 22 09 06:02 pm Link

Body Painter

Lady Painte

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Ive been using moleskin to cut out a pasty.... You can find it at drug stores even super markets. Try to find the thinnest sheets so that it doesn't look bulky.

And you obviously know, but it deserves to be said again: please PLEASE NEVER use paint you buy at home depot on your skin!!!!!!!!!!!! It seriously makes me sick to my stomach to hear that people do that. Only use cosmetic grade pigment on your skin. No acrylics EVER. No wall paint EVER. No paint pens, No sharpies and no nail polish.                                    Using stuff like that on your skin is like wearing clothes you found in a trash can covered in grease and grime.      It's gross.

Aug 25 09 02:06 am Link

Model

S. Stark

Post hidden on Aug 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Aug 25 09 02:09 am Link

Model

Dreach-Fhoula

Lawrence, Kansas, US

Post hidden on Aug 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Aug 25 09 05:09 am Link

Photographer

David Pollack

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Deadly Design Make-up wrote:

panting the vagina has such a different meaning, I think she wanted it PAINTED

Aug 25 09 05:35 am Link

Makeup Artist

Cordial Lee MUA

Houston, Texas, US

Either use the cotton/paper thong linked above (they actually have those at some sex shop/novelty stores that I've been to) or get a c-string.

Aug 25 09 07:37 am Link

Body Painter

Cat Camp

Tampa, Florida, US

May I suggest one of the non-latex shields from ProKnows
http://www.sillyfarm.com/bps_nipple.html
I've been using their Proshield nipple pasties for a few years now & they're great; even come in different sizes. The ProKnows Proshield II is to cover the outer lips & provide a smooth surface for painting; you can still go to the bathroom without ruining your paint job. Their adhesives are non-latex & easy to remove. I've used both the ProKnows brand & the Michael Davies brand surgical adhesives; they're very much like an eyelash glue. Apply the glue, let it dry to clear, then adhere the pastie.
BTW, Jordan was dead-on correct. Latex allergies are blossoming like mad due to over-exposure. A model who wasn't allergic yesterday may become allergic tomorrow. At FetishCon last weekend, we had one woman go into a full-blown allergic attack; not from touching latex, from the AIRBORNE latex particles. Fire Dept. visit & everything...

Aug 25 09 07:46 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

I know this is an oooooold post, and it doesn't look like the OP has added a bodypaint to her profile.

But, I'll add for future readers:

Avoid Alcohol Based bodypaint on the "nether regions".

Even if the application is "painless" - the removal may NOT be. Especially since the typical remover for alcohol is very oily or alcohol itself.

Best to use a water based product as a base, then use alcohol based body paint or sealer over top to improve wearability.

Patches are great IF the model is fully shaved/waxed. Otherwise, um, OUCH.

Best patch I've found is from Pastease... the BOTTOMS of their "Strapless Bikini"
http://pastease.com/strapless.php

Aug 25 09 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Derick Hingle

Hammond, Louisiana, US

The model in my bodypaint photoshoot was painted all over, check my photos, and contact the makeup artist Ella that worked on my shoot, she may be able to offer some advice.

Aug 25 09 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

PF Dark

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Fotographic Aspirations wrote:
Nothing that some duct tape can't solve !

Leroy Dickson wrote:
Ouchie!!!!

I dont advise Duct tape but I have used a wide medical tape.  Its safe for the skin, cheep, and can be cut to fit exactly with minimal seams that appear after the latex dries.  I usually put it on and rip it off once or twice to make it come off a little easier.

Aug 25 09 10:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

just so you know...if i'm painting a va-ja-jay TODAY...my rate triples... srsly!  i'd need a long brush handle.  wink

Aug 25 09 11:34 pm Link

Body Painter

Mythical Ink

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

there is also the pro shield II, it comes in male and female, is made on the same stuff that their nipple pastes are but you need a skin safe adhesive. You can get them all here: http://www.proknows.com/

Aug 26 09 09:25 am Link

Body Painter

Mythical Ink

Cat Camp wrote:
I've been using their Proshield nipple pasties for a few years now & they're great; even come in different sizes. The ProKnows Proshield II is to cover the outer lips & provide a smooth surface for painting; you can still go to the bathroom without ruining your paint job. Their adhesives are non-latex & easy to remove. I've used both the ProKnows brand & the Michael Davies brand surgical adhesives; they're very much like an eyelash glue. Apply the glue, let it dry to clear, then adhere the pastie.
BTW, Jordan was dead-on correct. Latex allergies are blossoming like mad due to over-exposure. A model who wasn't allergic yesterday may become allergic tomorrow. At FetishCon last weekend, we had one woman go into a full-blown allergic attack; not from touching latex, from the AIRBORNE latex particles. Fire Dept. visit & everything...

Silly farm hasn't stocked them the last four times i asked.

Aug 26 09 09:27 am Link

Model

crystalking

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, US

Cordial Lee MUA wrote:
Either use the cotton/paper thong linked above (they actually have those at some sex shop/novelty stores that I've been to) or get a c-string.

I must know- what the scary is a c-string?! I feel so neive now...

Aug 26 09 11:26 am Link

Model

crystalking

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, US

Cat Camp wrote:

still going to the bathroom? I looked at it and that doesn't seem possible... seems liek it covers all lower areas?

Aug 26 09 11:29 am Link

Body Painter

Cat Camp

Tampa, Florida, US

You're right about sillyfarm.com having an uneven stock! I usually go straight to Leon's site, but couldn't find my link fast enough.
The "shields" for women have a string & a tab; pull it down to go potty then replace it, the glue will restick if it was applied properly to begin with.
I realize these are "cleanable & reusable", but would have heebie-jeebies if "I" "reused" them on different models. I expect a model to buy one for her own multiple uses.
Has anyone tried the male version yet? At $20, it's gotta be better than trying to find skimpy non-cotton bikinis for men.

Aug 27 09 09:02 am Link

Body Painter

Mythical Ink

Cat Camp wrote:
You're right about sillyfarm.com having an uneven stock! I usually go straight to Leon's site, but couldn't find my link fast enough.
The "shields" for women have a string & a tab; pull it down to go potty then replace it, the glue will restick if it was applied properly to begin with.
I realize these are "cleanable & reusable", but would have heebie-jeebies if "I" "reused" them on different models. I expect a model to buy one for her own multiple uses.
Has anyone tried the male version yet? At $20, it's gotta be better than trying to find skimpy non-cotton bikinis for men.

I have one for boys, but I haven't used it yet. I feel weird either helping them get it on or giving them instructions. Do you put it one for your female models or just glue it up and get them to do it?

Aug 27 09 11:29 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

For boys, I'll cut the waistband/strings off of the thong.

Honestly, if it is not a full nude paint, then it is likely the model will be uncomfortable with me placing everything.

I'll make sure the patch is properly aligned to the pelvis pubic bone, then then let them do the 'tucking.

Aug 27 09 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Post hidden on Aug 27, 2009 12:31 pm

Aug 27 09 11:42 am Link

Body Painter

Mythical Ink

Lisa Berczel wrote:
For boys, I'll cut the waistband/strings off of the thong.

Honestly, if it is not a full nude paint, then it is likely the model will be uncomfortable with me placing everything.

I'll make sure the patch is properly aligned to the pelvis pubic bone, then then let them do the 'tucking.

Thanks Liza, I bought mine a while ago but haven't used them yet because I was scared of invading what little privacy a body painting model has. That's the perfect compromise of good application without invading too much- cheers!

Aug 27 09 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Fernon

Annapolis, Maryland, US

Post hidden on Aug 27, 2009 12:32 pm

Aug 27 09 11:43 am Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

Mythical Ink wrote:

Thanks Liza, I bought mine a while ago but haven't used them yet because I was scared of invading what little privacy a body painting model has. That's the perfect compromise of good application without invading too much- cheers!

I tell all my models that getting body painted should not make them have flashbacks to a trip to the gynecologist...

Aug 27 09 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Picklesuit

Orlando, Florida, US

Aug 27 09 11:53 am Link

Photographer

TimothyH

Madison, Wisconsin, US