This thread was locked on 2012-06-20 20:00:21 by Rik Austin. Reason: This is from 09. Please don't resurect fossils.
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Body paint the vagina?

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Post hidden on Aug 27, 2009 12:32 pm
Reason: off-topic

Aug 27 09 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Mesa, Arizona, US

The proper word is VULVA.

Adam_A wrote:
Argh!  Just say "pussy" and people will inherently know what you mean.

Aug 27 09 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Philipe

Pomona, California, US

Lily Kim wrote:
Lol. I've been wanting to do a body paint shot for my portfolio. I'm used to makeup artists around my decollete, but I'm hoping there is a product out there (pasty) or something for the bikini area to paint over. What is this called?

I would talk to the make up artist first. The make artist may have a solution.
Some have pasties or are use to painting over a bikini bottom if it air brush is used.
I use cream colors and no pasties...

Yeah, I would ask the make artist before you surprise him or her with something that may be difficult to paint over...

Aug 27 09 04:30 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

Philipe wrote:
Yeah, I would ask the make artist before you surprise him or her with something that may be difficult to paint over...

Agreed.

I might also add that in my experience this just isn't a problem. Most of the time we simply want to cover that area with a bit of dark color so that no flesh tone is easily seen. With an airbrush this is a quick, sanitary, and safe process that takes a few seconds to a couple minutes out of the HOURS spent on a design. Unless you are doing a design that showcases the genitalia (yuck), it's just not an issue. None of my models has ever complained of anything besides a little cold or a slightly ticklish sensation that is over with quickly.

Of all the problems that can come up with bodypaint, this is generally not a concern unless you are working with a pervish amateur bodypainter instead of a pro (then the problems REALLY start!)

Aug 27 09 04:53 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

Corona, California, US

BodyPainter Rich wrote:
Agreed.

I might also add that in my experience this just isn't a problem. Most of the time we simply want to cover that area with a bit of dark color so that no flesh tone is easily seen. With an airbrush this is a quick, sanitary, and safe process that takes a few seconds to a couple minutes out of the HOURS spent on a design. Unless you are doing a design that showcases the genitalia (yuck), it's just not an issue. None of my models has ever complained of anything besides a little cold or a slightly ticklish sensation that is over with quickly.

Of all the problems that can come up with bodypaint, this is generally not a concern unless you are working with a pervish amateur bodypainter instead of a pro (then the problems REALLY start!)

Agree.

IMO - it is MUCH easier to paint models who are full nude. Thong straps tend to limit posing as they "bite" into the skin. Patches that need photoshopped talk longer to touch up in post than removing any anatomy that needs to be made gone.

Just about all the patches I have to apply are for Events where Local Zoning regarding Nudity is a factor.

Aug 27 09 05:14 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Lisa Berczel wrote:
Just about all the patches I have to apply are for Events where Local Zoning regarding Nudity is a factor.

...and what a lovely pain in the ass that is, no?

Aug 27 09 05:30 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

Corona, California, US

BodyPainter Rich wrote:

...and what a lovely pain in the ass that is, no?

Might be one of the reasons I avoid EVENTS like the plague.

Bounced Check....
Jerk Promoters....
Security Perverts...
Drunk Models hitting on CLIENT...

and

Reality TV Cameras

Gotsta be an extra special acquaintance before I'll get all hot and bothered about an Event prospect.

Aug 27 09 05:40 pm Link

Model

Aimee Dumas

Salem, Massachusetts, US

Do photogaphers need to have a  front full body & completely nude photo of you before doing bodypaint on you?

Because I have a bodypaint project coming up and they wanted me to send that   sorta photo via email and I am not comfortable doing that.

Cant they paint you without seeing your vagina first? lol

Mar 24 10 07:55 pm Link

Model

Nichole Hopkins

Los Angeles, California, US

I hope that paint isnt cold.

Mar 24 10 07:58 pm Link

Model

Big A-Larger Than Life

The Woodlands, Texas, US

Lily Kim wrote:
Lol. I've been wanting to do a body paint shot for my portfolio. I'm used to makeup artists around my decollete, but I'm hoping there is a product out there (pasty) or something for the bikini area to paint over. What is this called?

You just paint down thur, too lol.  It feels cold and weird, but as long as your painter is professional, there's nothing gross or pervy about it.  smile  It's no big deal, really.  It's takes not even 5 minutes to finish that area.

Mar 24 10 08:02 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

Corona, California, US

Aimee Dumas wrote:
Do photogaphers need to have a  front full body & completely nude photo of you before doing bodypaint on you?

Because I have a bodypaint project coming up and they wanted me to send that   sorta photo via email and I am not comfortable doing that.

Cant they paint you without seeing your vagina first? lol

I would HOPE that the photo request is so that the bodypainter can better plan the paint.

Clothing hides a lot of flaws.
So does a good bra.

However, a full nude shot? Only if you have such work already in your port.

And, a photo only helps so much.

No body paint plan survives contact with the model.....

Mar 24 10 08:33 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

I've asked for such shots in the past for if I am planning a specific design. Usually though, I will let the model know that a basic bikini shot will get me the information I need.

The main question is...do you trust your painter-to-be? Are they professional? Do they have references? Have you CHECKED their references.

There ARE scammers out there that are simply looking to get nude photos of you....so don't send them to just anyone who asks.

Mar 24 10 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

BlackArts - Jenna Black

Riverside, California, US

I've heard this referred to as a privacy patch but I wasn't able to immediately find one via google search.

That said, any skinsafe body paint is safe to use on your outer labia, so unless you're a serious "outie" it shouldn't be an issue.

Mar 24 10 11:09 pm Link

Body Painter

Tim Gratton

Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia

I know how to do it, and it's very simple, but so easy that you would laugh!.... Figure it out.... nearly all my models are nude or a little bit covered to avoid embarassment in public! Spirit Gum, G-string.... figure it out!

Tim XoXoX

Mar 25 10 02:51 am Link

Artist/Painter

Kirkworx Productions

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I see the progress of answers to this commonly asked question have expanded and positively touched on related issues: types of paint/makeup, application methods, anatomy, etc.

As a professional for over 30 years painting almost totally clad to fully undressed male/female models (for parties, shoots, instructional purposes, stage & cinema including the use of prosthetics which have been affixed very near sensitive areas, etc.) my biggest word of caution for women in particular is to use a shield when dealing with airbrush application - there are risks using any amount of air pressure atomizing any chemical, FDA compliant or not, including several perfumes/body sprays, not specifically designated as safe for internal penetration, of toxic shock syndrome...

As mentioned before, there are a number of professional and consumer products readily available for body decorating/adornment... I have used everything from fabric bandages to the ProShields Nipple Covers (above-mentioned) FOR NIPPLE COVERAGE... and the newer ProShield products designed specifically for either the male or female genetalia...

Hand applied makeup is probably the safest to use around any sensitive areas and is most stringently regulated for products/applications around the eyes. Common sense dictates we always test our products in discrete 'safer' areas... if it stings/burns/itches in the armpit, behind the ears, between the fingers or toes, the small of the back (just beginning the 'crack') it will most surely affect one around more sensititve areas... DON'T Try tests in or too close to the eyes...

When it is just a matter of protecting the models' health - i will use G-string, panties, jockstraps, sports shorts and moleskin, pasties (and trim the flower petals off) - if however, the shoot is 'integrity' dependent on the least obtrusive method visually, there are pro products available whether they be for the modesty/comfort of the model or any crew involved. If everyone is comfortable and the model is not sensitive hand application around those areas - done discretely/professionally and carefully will always be fine..

Jun 17 10 06:00 pm Link

Makeup Artist

R d L

Brooklyn, New York, US

i recently saw this "c string" on a blog and thought while it's a little out there for everyday, it could work for body painting since you wouldn't have the panty lines in the way
https://www.cstringdirect.com/product.php

Jun 17 10 07:00 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

Corona, California, US

Painting a man or woman's groin area takes a lot of consideration.

Models can be JUST as sensitive - if not more so - to the adhesives required for stick-on cover ups.

Hand application (sponge or brush) must be done SUPER carefully. If we freak out over double-dipped mascara - imagine the implications with using today's bikini paint on tomorrow's face paint....

Airbrush has obvious sanitary advantages. Plus, there is no hand/tool contact with the model. BUT, as been mentioned, proper PSI and products should be used.

AND cosmetics should NOT be applied to mucous membranes - no matter where on the body they are. (Only exception I know of is a pencil to the eye's waterline.)

Regardless of hand applied or airbrushed makeup, water or alcohol based - it ALL has to be properly removed - providing yet ANOTHER irritation source to be considered.

Jun 17 10 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Iverson Media

River Falls, Wisconsin, US

Derick Hingle wrote:
The model in my bodypaint photoshoot was painted all over, check my photos, and contact the makeup artist Ella that worked on my shoot, she may be able to offer some advice.

Same here. Some of the artists and models that i worked with used these "things" that stuck to the front and back, with similar in between, but didn't have strings that got in the way. Drawing a blank on what it's called though.

Jun 17 10 07:22 pm Link

Body Painter

BrianVC

Detroit, Michigan, US

prosthetic covers for vagina area are at sillyfarm.com , look in body art section

Nov 30 11 11:53 am Link

Photographer

PTPhotoUT

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Kirkworx Productions wrote:
- there are risks using any amount of air pressure atomizing any chemical, FDA compliant or not, including several perfumes/body sprays, not specifically designated as safe for internal penetration, of toxic shock syndrome...

When I am not a photographer and or body painter, I am a microbiologist. Toxic shock syndrome is caused by the release of endotoxins of the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus. Generally part of normal human flora and not found in aerosalized preperations.

Since I don't plan on shooting the vulva, I don't need to pretend to be a gynocologist to get adequate coverage of the naughty bits. A light dusting fore and aft does the trick without leaving any lines to edit out later. I do not shoot presurized air with atomized particles up anyones vagina.

I use only professional body makeups and pigments for my paints. I do mix my own, and I add a little glycerine so they don't dry the skin as much. Even after it is set with a makeup sealer, they wash off very easily.

Advise to the OP. Get painted. Don't show anything to the camera you don't want photographed. A painted naughty bit is much less obvious than any other solution.

Nov 30 11 12:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cast of Thousands

Tacoma, Washington, US

I use the nipple covers that look like very thin stretch fabric band aids. You layer one on top of the other (off center) then cut to fit the area. They work great and you can hardly see them when you're done. One time use and just toss them when you're finished.

Nov 30 11 03:11 pm Link

Body Painter

Sweet Loretta

For nipples proknows as some have noted are great but not cheap and who wants to ask the model to rip 'em off at the end of the night. Just saying I have seen body painters do it! At $15 a pair sure you can write them in the budget. But you can only get them at two places.

Many top pro body painters use NoShows they paint over well and have a nice clean surface. They come 3 pairs to a pack and run $12 to $16.

Most pasties are flower shaped and requie cutting and have a rough surface that distracts from the final look. Medical tape - uck - ugly use it at Sturgis and other biker events!

As for bottoms the proknows again expensive are just ok. Many, many models do not like them.

Look for seamless cheeky cheek thongs - all cotton is a bad choice. Get a lycra blend. Top pros use Victoria's Secrets. And in a pinch cheap hanes and traget has a hanes like blend - these in a boy short work great for male models.

Sweet Loretta
www.thepaintednavel.com - noshows and more....

Dec 01 11 03:23 pm Link

Body Painter

The BodyPainters

Aurora, Illinois, US

You can find strapless panties here http://www.shibuecouture.com/products.php

Jun 20 12 07:48 pm Link