Forums > Photography Talk > Craigslist?

Model

myrasegal

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

rieL wrote:
Have you posted any ads looking for models? Have you gotten any models off craigslist?

I posted one just for the hell of it, and got crap as far as quality goes... girls that just had this random want to "model" - although I found one that I think may have the potential for it, and hell, as long as I get what I want do I really care if she ever does it again?
Although I believe she's going to drive me bananas! I keep getting the same email, is this free, are you charging me for this - and I explain TF 923847298 times. Randomly I get an email telling me she's bringing her husband. I told her OK, but if he thinks he's going to tell me anything about anything but my shoes are untied I'm ending it where ever we are.
OH - and the best email yet "SO HOW ARE WE GONNA GET MONEY?" - do I look like a "manager"... good lord.

I foresee this as a mistake lol.

Anyway... your stories?

Oct 13 09 07:39 pm Link

Model

myrasegal

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

myrasegal wrote:

Oct 13 09 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

netmodel

Austin, Texas, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Every time I try and post an ad on CL looking for models, some a-hole flags it. I've given up.

I think it's because there's another photographer not wanting you to steal his position. smile

Oct 13 09 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

Veneno Productions

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Perhaps it is because of the small city I'm in, but I have had far more success with Craigslist than Model Mayhem.  Almost everyone from this site has flaked on me.  This includes a 'Model Mayhem Mentor.'

Oct 13 09 08:07 pm Link

Photographer

DTA Photography

New York, New York, US

I use craigslist all the time to find models.  Never had a real problem with the models that I found, No drama.  In my first email I give full details about the shoot.  I usually get 2 or 3 models to work with per post.

Oct 13 09 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

Blaneyphoto

New York, New York, US

Craigslist has been really weird for me lately.  For years, I've been posting and gotten tons of responses. Granted, most of those responding didn't actually read the ad.... but lately nothing! I posted 2 as a test, one VERY specific ad and one that was quite general. In a week, 2 responses. I'd get 100 for any ad this time last year. Strange.... No biggie though - just more incentive to hire from an agency instead.

Oct 13 09 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

JSVPhotography

Madison, Wisconsin, US

A Craigslist model I shot earlier tonight:  18+ warning

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs50/f/2009/ … 30d94f.jpg

I posted an ad about a week or so ago, she answered, there you go.

Oct 13 09 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Pawlak

New York, New York, US

rieL wrote:
Have you posted any ads looking for models? Have you gotten any models off craigslist?

I found her on Craigslist (18 + M):
https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid … up_id=&ua=

Oct 13 09 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

warrenlee

San Francisco, California, US

yep despite what some may say , i have had luck getting great models in cl. in fact thanks to your post it reminds me to also make a posting on cl for my next model. sure odds are more likely we go with an agency , yes this usually the case , but truth is you never know where that next model will be found.. http://www.warrenleestudio.com

Oct 13 09 10:03 pm Link