Forums > Events > Orlando Meet & Greet (OMG) Fall 2009

Event Planner

Orlando Meet and Greet

Orlando, Florida, US

https://www.walker1812.com/borders/eventsbanner.jpg

We Are Back!! We promise...

The OMG Fall 2009 Event (a Hangout, Cookout & Shootout) is coming really really soon in a crazy impromptu what the heck why not kinda way

Come join us from 11am till i kick your crazy butts off my property (could be sunset.. could be 2am if we watch movies in the theater) on Saturday, November 21st 2009 at my studio conveniently located in the BFE area of Orlando... near the Sanford Flea Market... exact address and directions below..

Our last meet and greet was at Club 23 downtown and was a huge success with over 150+ people hanging out and meeting up... we want to get back to our roots though and one of our best OMG's was an all day cookout at the springs... it might be too cool for the springs but not to cookout.

So to rehash, that is Saturday Nov 21st from 11am till sunset or later if you convince me.. shouldn't be too hard.

So I know there isn't much lead time for this event but come out anyway and hang out, bring some food for a cookout and if there are models and photographers who want to... come use my studio (first taste is free... hopefully you'll be hooked and come back for more, i won't complain, lol)

If you have food, bring it
If you have drinks, bring it (no underage drinking ok?)
If you have a grill, mention it we might want you to bring it
If you have a camera, bring it if you want to shoot
If you have lights, bring them, can never have too much.
If you have a good looking body, bring it we might want to shoot you
If you have folding chairs, bring it, you might want to place to sit.

Specific List of Things: speak up if you want to bring something as this is a cookout as well as meet and everything else
I think we have the grills... figure two is enough in case one breaks
We need food:
Burgers
Burger Buns
Hot Dogs
Hot Dog Buns
Salad
Other food for models
Beans
Chips
Dip
Cookies
Cupcakes
Whatever else food you think or like
Soda
Tea
Beer
Ice
Coolers
Folding Chairs

For more information on who we are and what we have done before, click this blue underlined bit.

You are probably wondering the location and address of the event by now because you really really want to come...

5449 Benchmark Lane, Sanford, FL
Near the intersection of 17-92 and Ronald Reagan (CR 427)

https://fc08.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/312/8/6/ignore_this_by_walker1812.jpg

Organizers:(for the last event at least, not sure how many will be attending this time, hopefully all
Jesse Walker
Erica Dean
George Lue
HowieSpace Photography

Due to silly rules arbitrarily dictated to us without our wishes or consent by people who did not consult nor consider the wishes of people who voluntarily donated time, support and effort to making this site great, we have to keep this thread vaguely on topic.... if you wish to talk to people in the Orlando area about things not on topic, like skittles flavored vodka, the proper way to choke a badger, whether or not Gargamel on the Smurfs represented Communism, or simply what you should have for lunch today... wander down to the Orlando Chit Chat Thread conveniently located in the poorer slightly more deranged side of town known as Off-Topic.

Nov 08 09 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

first
Oh, and my avi was shot at the studio (this is a mundane chit chat that has something to do with the event thread required per mod rules)

Nov 08 09 07:21 pm Link

Event Planner

Orlando Meet and Greet

Orlando, Florida, US

Scott A Miller photo wrote:
first
Oh, and my avi was shot at the studio (this is a mundane chit chat that has something to do with the event thread required per mod rules)

If you aren't working that day... want to do another workshop last minute?

Nov 08 09 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

I'll be there smile camera and drink in hand...

Nov 08 09 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Like I said in the Chit-Chat thread, I can bring two Weber grills, some charcoal and lighter. Bring on your T-bone steaks, hot dogs, burgers, etc., and if I don't burn it all to a cinder, we'll eat good.

Nov 08 09 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
Like I said in the Chit-Chat thread, I can bring two Weber grills, some charcoal and lighter. Bring on your T-bone steaks, hot dogs, burgers, etc., and if I don't burn it all to a cinder, we'll eat good.

Yes!

Btw way... this is a last minute OMG... only 2 weeks notice... so spread the word to all your friends... photographers and models.. smile

Nov 08 09 08:03 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

I'll try to bring burgers and watery beer...

Nov 08 09 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:
I'll try to bring burgers and watery beer...

bring some models and we'll forgive you wink

Nov 08 09 08:17 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

I know I've said I'll come to these things in the past, but I think I really will this time.

Nov 08 09 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:
I know I've said I'll come to these things in the past, but I think I really will this time.

You never have? could have sworn you did.... well look at the wish list of things to bring... really i think i could erase all of it but Drinks & Models... lol... i know photographers will come, especially my friends... and they don't really need chairs or food... those are just bonuses.

Nov 08 09 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

I can bring wieners and buns.

wait... what?

Nov 08 09 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:
I can bring wieners and buns.

wait... what?

maybe i should rename this OMG Fall Sausagefest.... hmmm, grill some german sausages and beer... wonder if Scott and GLue have the reindeer and moose sausages still that i brought back for them from Alaska...

there will be models there... no worries

Nov 08 09 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

Morgan Daniel Photos

Mesa, Arizona, US

This will be my First one, but i should be there, and i may have some model to come with as well

Nov 08 09 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

The Real Badman wrote:
This will be my First one, but i should be there, and i may have some model to come with as well

Look forward to seeing you there... only so much space inside the studio to shoot... but figure we take over the parking lot and the other space... will be fun... it's a last minute thing smile

Plenty of room to grill and hang out though

Nov 08 09 08:44 pm Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

I have no idea what I'm doing that day. But if I check my schedule and it's clear, I'll grace you all with the gift that is me. I might be convinced to bake. I have a gas grill, but I dont have a car big enough to transport it. Sorry.

Nov 09 09 04:56 am Link

Photographer

Greg Coleman

Sanford, Florida, US

Hmm...  as a resident of Sanford myself, I think I have to be there, eh?

Put me down!  I have a grill but no reliable way to get it there.  Perhaps I can contribute by spreading the word...  smile

Nov 09 09 05:29 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

You know I'm there. I may be there late, as I'm pretty sure I'll be planning my house warming for the night prior, but I'll be there.

Nov 09 09 05:44 am Link

Photographer

MegSchutz

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I'll be there! With food. Of some sort.

Nov 09 09 06:14 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

MegSchutz wrote:
I'll be there! With food. Of some sort.

Did you say food?

Nov 09 09 06:22 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Scott A Miller photo wrote:
first

WALKER STALKER!

Nov 09 09 06:23 am Link

Photographer

MegSchutz

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

herblish wrote:

Did you say food?

yes. I like food. A lot. teehee

Nov 09 09 06:44 am Link

Photographer

Luis Cruz - AeonPixel

Azalea Park, Florida, US

Sweet! 

I'll bring drinks, camera, lights, and my good looking body ;-)

Okay...but the first three for sure!

Nov 09 09 07:40 am Link

Photographer

Greg Coleman

Sanford, Florida, US

Hey, just to be sure this is mentioned out loud:  It's very helpful to bring business cards, or at the very least something you can hand out with your name, MM# and contact info.  That way, when you meet that perfect model or skilled photographer, you can exchange info and set up a shoot pretty easily and quickly.

I know, I know, that sounds like silliness and such a simple concept, but you'd be surprised how many people get this wrong.  smile

P.S. -- and pencil in https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=1423811 for the event.  She replied to my message a few minutes ago.  big_smile

Nov 09 09 08:44 am Link

Photographer

MMP Studio

Lakeland, Florida, US

Penciling in the event to attend. Not sure what we'll bring at this time. Too early to say.

Nov 09 09 09:07 am Link

Model

Ms O

Orlando, Florida, US

I will be there with bells on and my wit. Can't wait and oh yes food is nice. yeeeeees

Nov 09 09 09:48 am Link

Model

Cameron Gagne

Orlando, Florida, US

Oh la laaaaa! This should be fantastic! hmmm maybe a few cold ones?? Maybe a typical model dish: mixed fruit or something. big_smile I look forward to it!!

Nov 09 09 10:19 am Link

Photographer

Greg Coleman

Sanford, Florida, US

Sent messages to around 50 models & photographers I know and/or have worked with.  Heard back already from a few, hoping to hear from more!

Nov 09 09 10:59 am Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:
You know I'm there. I may be there late, as I'm pretty sure I'll be planning my house warming for the night prior, but I'll be there.

As i'll be at your house warming i am sure... i'll be in the same boat...

Nov 09 09 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Carrie_K wrote:
I have no idea what I'm doing that day. But if I check my schedule and it's clear, I'll grace you all with the gift that is me. I might be convinced to bake. I have a gas grill, but I dont have a car big enough to transport it. Sorry.

I have a truck and think we will have at least 2...should be enough...

hope to see you there

Nov 09 09 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Greg Coleman wrote:
Hmm...  as a resident of Sanford myself, I think I have to be there, eh?

Put me down!  I have a grill but no reliable way to get it there.  Perhaps I can contribute by spreading the word...  smile

spread the word, bring chip, dip and models along with yourself... as you are the photographer you don't need to bring anymore of those...

models should bring photographers too if they know any...

Nov 09 09 12:12 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Cameron Gagne wrote:
Oh la laaaaa! This should be fantastic! hmmm maybe a few cold ones?? Maybe a typical model dish: mixed fruit or something. big_smile I look forward to it!!

cold ones as in beer? you will be popular... and yes other dishes are fine... i'll have a few empty plates for models to eat tongue

Nov 09 09 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Greg Coleman wrote:
Sent messages to around 50 models & photographers I know and/or have worked with.  Heard back already from a few, hoping to hear from more!

Nice...

Nov 09 09 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

Sounds and looks like fun....

Nov 09 09 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

David Shinobi wrote:
Sounds and looks like fun....

It is... i can't promise to find you the model of your dreams to shoot that day.. but i can promise you lots of people who share your love of photography and maybe some good bean dip.... if you bring the bean dip

Nov 09 09 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

Billy Kidd Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Is this event open to anyone?  been watching for a while, missed a few events, sounds interesting....

Nov 09 09 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Billy Kidd Photography wrote:
Is this event open to anyone?  been watching for a while, missed a few events, sounds interesting....

All people are welcome... smile
well models and photographers... we do want to keep it on topic

Nov 09 09 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

We be grillin'.

https://www.diabetic-diet-secrets.com/images/stories/grilling.jpg

We be drinkin'.

https://themensgiftguide.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/Six-Beer-Bucket-Gift-Basket_large.jpg

Nov 09 09 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
We be grillin'.

https://www.diabetic-diet-secrets.com/images/stories/grilling.jpg

you make it look like that and i'll call you dad for real.... yum!

Nov 09 09 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Walker1812 Photography wrote:

you make it look like that and i'll call you dad for real.... yum!

It's burgers and dogs, not loaves and fishes.

Nov 09 09 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

We be bringin' cameras...

https://www.weddingphotographydirectory.com/wedding-photo/images/articles/shoot-photography-rights.jpg

Nov 09 09 12:58 pm Link