Model

Ashley Graham

Oceanside, California, US

You really can't be pissed that you don't have a job, especially in this economy. You made a conscious decision to quit and now you're unemployed with two kids and a huge house and upset about it? Well, ummm, you should have waited until you found another job to quit

Nov 18 09 07:43 am Link

Model

Stacey Valli

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

Ashley Graham wrote:
You really can't be pissed that you don't have a job, especially in this economy. You made a conscious decision to quit and now you're unemployed with two kids and a huge house and upset about it? Well, ummm, you should have waited until you found another job to quit

QFFT!!!

Jebus i'm sick of people complaining about their job... um dude at least you have a fucking job.

Like for example we're getting alot of postman striking cause of their wages.. makes me sick.

Nov 18 09 07:45 am Link

Model

Ashley Graham

Stacey Valli wrote:

QFFT!!!

Jebus i'm sick of people complaining about their job... um dude at least you have a fucking job.

Like for example we're getting alot of postman striking cause of their wages.. makes me sick.

My dad's going pretty much psychotic trying to help his g/f find a new job because she quit hers. Then she's rude to him and breaks down crying. I just don't get it, if you're that upset that you can't find work, then you shouldn't have quit your job in the first place.

Nov 18 09 07:48 am Link

Model

Stacey Valli

Ashley Graham wrote:

My dad's going pretty much psychotic trying to help his g/f find a new job because she quit hers. Then she's rude to him and breaks down crying. I just don't get it, if you're that upset that you can't find work, then you shouldn't have quit your job in the first place.

hmm  My bf is being let go as of 11th dec because their closing down the office.

How people can complain about having no job when they've quit is just contradictory.

Nov 18 09 07:50 am Link

Model

Ashley Graham

Stacey Valli wrote:

hmm  My bf is being let go as of 11th dec because their closing down the office.

How people can complain about having no job when they've quit is just contradictory.

Thats my only complaint. He's bending over backwards trying to help her find a new job and she keeps screaming at him and fighting with him. He's trying to help, she quit. She can't complain. Quitting is a conscience decision to accept the fact that you no longer have a job

Nov 18 09 08:00 am Link

Model

Stacey Valli

Ashley Graham wrote:

Thats my only complaint. He's bending over backwards trying to help her find a new job and she keeps screaming at him and fighting with him. He's trying to help, she quit. She can't complain. Quitting is a conscience decision to accept the fact that you no longer have a job

Sounds likes she's a major pain in the butt. hmm Feel sorry for your dad i really do.

Nov 18 09 08:02 am Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Stacey Valli wrote:

QFFT!!!

The Fry's grocery stores here threatened to strike because of wages and benefits...

All I could think to myself was "You work in a fucking grocery store. Be glad you even HAVE benefits"

Nov 18 09 08:02 am Link

Photographer

TheCinCity Project

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ashley Graham wrote:

Words of wisdom.....

Nov 18 09 08:03 am Link

Model

Ashley Graham

Stacey Valli wrote:

Sounds likes she's a major pain in the butt. hmm Feel sorry for your dad i really do.

Oh I would but he's saying he's gonna marry her. So if that makes him happy to deal with all this, then I wish him the best. I'm at the point of not going to thanksgiving currently because I can't deal with someone having a nervous breakdown over quitting their job. Hell, I'm already unstable around the holidays because of my mom, I don't need more stress to add to it

Nov 18 09 08:03 am Link

Model

Ashley Graham

Elizabeth Claret wrote:
The Fry's grocery stores here threatened to strike because of wages and benefits...

All I could think to myself was "You work in a fucking grocery store. Be glad you even HAVE benefits"

WTF? Seriosuly?

EDIT: Why don't they just quit and go find a job at costco then?

Nov 18 09 08:04 am Link

Photographer

Laura Ann Photography

Peoria, Arizona, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

Yep, I know someone who works there.

I heard about the strike, and I did the whole "Seriously, be glad you have a job".

But I guess it's more the union that wants to strike than the actual workers, but that's what I heard from my sister.  I didn't ask much more.  (not to mention, she has a tendency to lie out her ass)

Nov 18 09 08:04 am Link

Model

Stacey Valli

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

I know!! The british are even luckier. we get our healthcare for free.

Ps. Postman here in the poorer areas get paid around £20k a year

Currently i'm a supervisor and I get 16k, so to post some letters it's 20k jesus give me that job and i'd gladly do that for 18.

Nov 18 09 08:05 am Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Ashley Graham wrote:
WTF? Seriosuly?

Yeah, it was all over the news down here.

Thought process:

"Grocery stores have unions?"
"You're making $9.50 an hour and you work in a grocery store..."
"You have health insurance?"
"The fuck are you striking for?"

One of the girls I go to school with works for them. She said it was just the most absurd thing ever.

Nov 18 09 08:05 am Link

Model

Stacey Valli

Ashley Graham wrote:

Oh I would but he's saying he's gonna marry her. So if that makes him happy to deal with all this, then I wish him the best. I'm at the point of not going to thanksgiving currently because I can't deal with someone having a nervous breakdown over quitting their job. Hell, I'm already unstable around the holidays because of my mom, I don't need more stress to add to it

I honestly don't blame you.

Nov 18 09 08:06 am Link

Model

Ashley Graham

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

Yeah, it was all over the news down here.

Thought process:

"Grocery stores have unions?"
"You're making $9.50 an hour and you work in a grocery store..."
"You have health insurance?"
"The fuck are you striking for?"

One of the girls I go to school with works for them. She said it was just the most absurd thing ever.

Seriously? Thats decent money right there. Here 70% of the teachers quit because they felt they were being over worked and didn't like the system. Only the newer teachers stayed. I was like WTF? You know when you sign up to be a teacher you're gonna be working a lot. They're lucky the school is still covering their health insurance. I guess after you claim you retired too you can't work for 30 days. She knew all of this when she quit, so I'm just like wtf are you bitching about? These were all things you knew

Nov 18 09 08:09 am Link

Photographer

Ballistic Penguin Photo

Kansas City, Missouri, US

i know someone that did that...and then it put a strain on EVERYTHING

Nov 18 09 08:21 am Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

I was kind of hoping they'd strike, so I could shop while there weren't any union assholes working in the store.

In this economy, they could more than staff the stores with scabs in a matter of *minutes*.

Nov 18 09 08:33 am Link

Model

Ashley Graham

Ballistic Penguin Photo wrote:
i know someone that did that...and then it put a strain on EVERYTHING

I just don't get what the thought process behind quitting or striking right now is. People are desperate for jobs

Nov 18 09 08:39 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Dave the design student

Detroit, Michigan, US

i quit mine on monday.  shopping for a new op right now.  wink  sometimes you have to go w/the best deal if someone is going to jerk you around.

Nov 18 09 08:42 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Ashley Graham wrote:

wow...
I'm thankful I have a job I like and pays well(even though OTR truckers get a bad rep for all  being goobers)and will always be employed.

Nov 18 09 09:17 am Link

Model

Nikolette Amani

Augusta, Georgia, US

I've been looking for a new job for a while now. Not quitting til I do.

One lady here just quit because she found a TEMP job.  Oh wow!  A TEMP job!  So you quit your steady job that you know (kinda) that you have now to work for someone who tells you up front it will only be a few months?? OK...

Nov 18 09 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Lore-Li Photography

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

If you quit your job... A. no whining about no job and B. tell me where you worked so i can take your job ^_^

Nov 18 09 01:09 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Caradoc wrote:

I was kind of hoping they'd strike, so I could shop while there weren't any union assholes working in the store.

In this economy, they could more than staff the stores with scabs in a matter of *minutes*.

I was thinking about it, just for some extra income.

Nov 18 09 01:10 pm Link

Photographer

Lore-Li Photography

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Caradoc wrote:

there are some lines that shouldn't be crossed even in times of poor economy...

Nov 18 09 01:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Asha MUA

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I quit my job (that was causing me some health problems due to stress) to go back to school and retrain. I now cannot find a job to save my life and I've been trying for months.

So I have no right to complain?

Nov 18 09 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Asha MUA wrote:
I quit my job (that was causing me some health problems due to stress) to go back to school and retrain. I now cannot find a job to save my life and I've been trying for months.

Correct tongue

wink  jk

Nov 18 09 01:16 pm Link

Model

Ashley Graham

Asha MUA wrote:

You quit to go to school, completely different situation

Nov 18 09 02:49 pm Link