Forums > Contests > PotD18+ Discussion Thread

Photographer

T O W

Miami, Florida, US

Jo Jo, What has become of the April 1 Male 18+ contest?
Thanks

Apr 03 13 06:00 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

T O W wrote:
Jo Jo, What has become of the April 1 Male 18+ contest?
Thanks

Would you believe I hid it just so you would write?
No eh.... well I tried wink

It's right here
http://www.modelmayhem.com/contests/pot … ups/130401

Apr 03 13 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Erin Koski

Ojai, California, US

I'm a bit surprised by the non-18+ PotD winner yesterday.  Am I the only one who can clearly see an areola in the photo?

May 08 13 06:04 am Link

Photographer

JAE

West Chester, Pennsylvania, US

I am once again confused why I am having images not showing for 18+.  They show in queue after I submit, but once the day comes they are not in the contest.  I was told in February it was because of the 15 day rule, but I had not submitted those images within 15 days.  So I wait over 2 months, submit again and still get removed.  The models in the images don't play the contests, but I looked through the past few weeks and do not see the images submitted by them either. Very confusing.

May 08 13 08:41 am Link

Photographer

Maxximages

Los Angeles, California, US

First sorry Jojo if I am just dumb and do not see what I need to do.
I tried to upload to the 18+ contest and it said the image is too big, tried twice same thing. The image is within the regular 850 or less wide. Is the 18+ a different size? And what is with the 2 day thing for the actual entry to be voted on.

Thanks

May 08 13 08:21 pm Link

Photographer

Erin Koski

Ojai, California, US

It sounds like the file size you're running into is referring to 800Megs or less. You might want to try saving it at a slightly lower quality jpg to get down under that number.

What I've been told is that having images que for 2 days prior to voting allows time for the moderators to check and review images to ensure they are not submitted more frequently than every 15 days, and to make sure they qualify for the category they were submitted to.

May 08 13 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Maxximages

Los Angeles, California, US

Erin Koski wrote:
It sounds like the file size you're running into is referring to 800Megs or less. You might want to try saving it at a slightly lower quality jpg to get down under that number.

What I've been told is that having images que for 2 days prior to voting allows time for the moderators to check and review images to ensure they are not submitted more frequently than every 15 days, and to make sure they qualify for the category they were submitted to.

Thanks I got it to up load. The pic was too large though not sure why.

May 08 13 09:57 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Erin Koski wrote:
I'm a bit surprised by the non-18+ PotD winner yesterday.  Am I the only one who can clearly see an areola in the photo?

That pic has appeared several times in the PotD.
It is acceptable.

May 08 13 10:37 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

JAE Photography PA wrote:
I am once again confused why I am having images not showing for 18 .  They show in queue after I submit, but once the day comes they are not in the contest.  I was told in February it was because of the 15 day rule, but I had not submitted those images within 15 days.  So I wait over 2 months, submit again and still get removed.  The llamas in the images don't play the contests, but I looked through the past few weeks and do not see the images submitted by them either. Very confusing.

The pic you are referring to was cites by the Sendu contest wide utility (not the personal version available to the members) as being in violation of the 15 day rule.
Remember, the 15 day rule is "image specific" and not "submitter specific"
Could the image have been entered from another account?

May 08 13 10:43 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Maxximages wrote:
First sorry Jojo if I am just dumb and do not see what I need to do.
I tried to upload to the 18+ contest and it said the image is too big, tried twice same thing. The image is within the regular 850 or less wide. Is the 18+ a different size? And what is with the 2 day thing for the actual entry to be voted on.

Thanks

Sounds like you may be using FireFox - this is a known problem for those using some versions of FF.
It is not a problem with MM or FF, rather it's a problem with all the additional programs people are adding to FF.

You may want to try using a basic install of Chrome.

Also, during the most recent site update there were numerous upload problems reported. The techs found the problem in the code rather quickly but we were inundated with problem reports for the short time it took the techs to correct the problem.

May 08 13 10:49 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Due to an uploading problem a great number of members' entries appeared in the PotD, PotD18+F and PotD18+M without either the thumbnail or without the large pic.
this problem has already been corrected
You may submit again today - my apologies.

May 09 13 12:31 am Link

Photographer

ElSilencioDeLasSirenas

Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

I am once again confused why I am having images not showing for 18+.  They show in queue after I submit, but once the day comes they are not in the contest.  I was told in February it was because of the 15 day rule, but I had not submitted those images within 15 days.  So I wait over 2 months, submit again and still get removed.  The models in the images don't play the contests, but I looked through the past few weeks and do not see the images submitted by them either. Very confusing.

Hello, i think i have the same problem, i upload some pictures for the 18+ contest, they were diferent pictures in diferent days, and the day of the contest my pictures are not there, so nobody can vote for them, can you help me? i don't know what is going on

PS: sorry for my bad english, i'm still learning

May 09 13 02:59 am Link

Photographer

JAE

West Chester, Pennsylvania, US

JoJo wrote:

The pic you are referring to was cites by the Sendu contest wide utility (not the personal version available to the members) as being in violation of the 15 day rule.

I have been disqualified with 2 different images 2 days in a row now.  As I mentioned, the models do not play the contest.  To be safe I did search under their name with the 15 day tool and found nothing.  To be even safer I did a quick run through of the last 20 days of the contest and have not found the images.  I am not sure why your tool is flagging images that have not been entered in months.

May 09 13 04:29 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

ElSilencioDeLasSirenas wrote:
Hello, i think i have the same problem, i upload some pictures for the 18+ contest, they were diferent pictures in diferent days, and the day of the contest my pictures are not there, so nobody can vote for them, can you help me? i don't know what is going on

PS: sorry for my bad english, i'm still learning

Here's one of the three pics you submitted to the PotD18+M
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/contest/p … 89-big.jpg
The other two are quite similar.
The problem is they are not 18+ images.
You need to enter 18+ pics into an 18+ contest wink

Bad English? You do very well but if you would rather speak Spanish please do. I speak/write 26 languages (even Amurikun wink) so work with your comfort zone.

May 09 13 01:33 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

JoJo wrote:

I have been disqualified with 2 different images 2 days in a row now.  As I mentioned, the models do not play the contest.  To be safe I did search under their name with the 15 day tool and found nothing.  To be even safer I did a quick run through of the last 20 days of the contest and have not found the images.  I am not sure why your tool is flagging images that have not been entered in months.

I have no answer for you - you seem to have covered the bases in your search and if you can't find it entered from any source then I will take your word for it.
Please reenter.

May 09 13 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Stanley L Moore

Houston, Texas, US

JoJo, I have noticed lately the large number of non 18+ images in the male contest. But some months ago you posted here than any acceptable image was OK for the contest.

It was not so long ago that the main complaint was POTD18+ was it was a sausage fest.

May 09 13 02:18 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Stanley L Moore wrote:
JoJo, I have noticed lately the large number of non 18+ images in the male contest. But some months ago you posted here than any acceptable image was OK for the contest.

It was not so long ago that the main complaint was POTD18+ was it was a sausage fest.

The PotD18+M is a contest for M/18+ male images.
I disqualify NFP (non flaccid penis) and EOG/A (emphasis on genitalia/anus) images at a rate well in excess of 5 times that of the disqualification rate for Not 18+ images.
I also allow some borderline M/18+ male content images into the PotD18+M purely because the submitter will receive more views, and subsequently more traffic, when compared to the image being entered in the PotD.
Images that clearly have no M/18+ content should be entered into the PotD.

May 09 13 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

Stanley L Moore

Houston, Texas, US

JoJo wrote:

The PotD18+M is a contest for M/18+ male images.
I disqualify NFP (non flaccid penis) and EOG/A (emphasis on genitalia/anus) images at a rate well in excess of 5 times that of the disqualification rate for Not 18+ images.
I also allow some borderline M/18+ male content images into the PotD18+M purely because the submitter will receive more views, and subsequently more traffic, when compared to the image being entered in the PotD.
Images that clearly have no M/18+ content should be entered into the PotD.

WOW. Five times the DQ rate for the male images. No wonder lately there have been sometimes less than 20 pics in the contest.

I am not complaining because I very rarely vote for a non 18+ image. But I feel the male contest is decidedly tamer now than it was  a few months back.I want the contests to continue and not fall by the wayside like Soap Box. Keep up the good work.

BTW entering the general POTD is nearly useless for male images that rarely win. In fact what is most likely to wil is a headshot of a heavily made up, elaborately coifed  female.  Most of those tha win are truly stunning images.

May 09 13 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

ElSilencioDeLasSirenas

Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

Muchas gracias JoJo! big_smile

May 10 13 10:23 am Link

Photographer

MalePortfolios

Anaheim, California, US

Stanley L Moore wrote:
BTW entering the general POTD is nearly useless for male images that rarely win. In fact what is most likely to wil is a headshot of a heavily made up, elaborately coiffed  female.  Most of those tha win are truly stunning images.

I agree, Stanley. It's a rare shot of a male that ranks up near the top of the POTD voting. A couple of times, I've had one of my photos was in the top 10... but that's over several years of occasionally submitting entries!

Winning photos always seem to be exactly as you describe... elegant headshots of female models with elaborate hair styles, pounds of colored makeup, and excellent lighting. I've voted for many of them! However, I do try to vote for the few good male shots in the POTD contest. But, I know that they almost never have a chance in cooty-hell of winning! (wink)

Many people requested a POTD Male division, but JoJo has repeatedly announced it'll never happen. She's already doing far to much with the limited time she's got daily. And I understand how that it would make her job even crazier. She's doing about as much as any person should be expected to do on a daily basis!

So, we're effectively rarely, if ever, going to have equal representation of winning entries in a standardized contest. Too bad that "Title 9" doesn't apply here... But, them's the breaks. "He who has the gold makes the rules!"...

Perhaps if more of us entered male images to the POTD.. we would have more of a chance of being recognized... Who knows what the answer is...

May 13 13 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

CC Images

Hudson, Wisconsin, US

What happened to all the open leg, focused crotch shots in the f18+ contest? Looking through the forums I can not find the turning point in MM from sensationalized crotch shots winning every contest to something resembling appreciation of the human form. Please point me to a link that explains this sudden shift... Thank you.

If this is the case, I just may have to fly down to Florida and kiss jojo's toes to lift my lifetime ban on the contest. JK wink

May 15 13 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Adeje (Las Americas), Tenerife, Canary Islands

CC Images wrote:
What happened to all the open leg, focused crotch shots in the f18+ contest? Looking through the forums I can not find the turning point in MM from sensationalized crotch shots winning every contest to something resembling appreciation of the human form. Please point me to a link that explains this sudden shift... Thank you.

If this is the case, I just may have to fly down to Florida and kiss jojo's toes to lift my lifetime ban on the contest. JK wink

Seconded

May 15 13 05:17 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

CC Images wrote:

Yes, the contests have changed - good to see people noticing, and appreciating.

As for your ban, a lifetime is a long time - have you tried sending me a CAM and asking?
Try it wink

May 15 13 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

Stanley L Moore

Houston, Texas, US

The question remains, why have th.e contest changed? I really doubt it as a result of the split

May 16 13 01:18 am Link

Photographer

Rich G Photo and Design

Beloit, Wisconsin, US

nevermind.

May 19 13 07:03 am Link

Photographer

Erin Koski

Ojai, California, US

It appears that yesterday's PotD 18+ Male wining picture is also an option to vote on in today's contest. 

Here is yesterday's winning set:
*18+
http://www.modelmayhem.com/contests/pot … ups/130518
*18+

and here is today's vote:
*18+
http://www.modelmayhem.com/contests/potd18/male/vote (I'm not sure if this link will work as I already voted)
*18+

May 19 13 07:29 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Erin Koski wrote:
It appears that yesterday's PotD 18+ Male wining picture is also an option to vote on in today's contest.

Not any more

May 19 13 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

JAMES ROSS PHOTOGRAPHIX

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

QUESTION...  18+ VERSES IMPLIED IMAGES, IS THERE A FINE LINE THAT I'M MISSING??

Can anyone please help me to better understand the fine line between "IMPLIED" images and "18+" images?   For me it seems a bit ambiguous and "subjective" from one Mod or Gatekeeper who ultimately determines the image status.

The 18+ RULES are quite easy to understand, it's the IMPLIED that has me not understanding clearly.

In my own mind, "IMPLIED" means everything other than what the 18+ rules have excluded to be acceptable.

For example...Is a topless model with ZERO nipples showing okay as IMPLIED, thus okay to have presented as a "regular" image???  My experience has been that images that have been TOTALLY fine as IMPLIED, at least in my mind, and according to what I've read, seem to be getting bumped out of non 18+ contests.  NO explicit or 18+ "body parts" are shown?  Just cleavage "close' to the nipple without any nipple part being visible at all.  Very confusing to me.

Here's the most recent example of an image that was bumped.  I'm perfectly okay with whatever the decision is from MM, but I'm just seeking to learn.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29275667 

Any thoughts or clarification would be REALLY appreciated!!!

Thanks!

James

May 22 13 06:38 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

KISS THE GIRL MODELS  wrote:
QUESTION...  18+ VERSES IMPLIED IMAGES, IS THERE A FINE LINE THAT I'M MISSING??

Can anyone please help me to better understand the fine line between "IMPLIED" images and "18+" images?   For me it seems a bit ambiguous and "subjective" from one Mod or Gatekeeper who ultimately determines the image status.

The 18+ RULES are quite easy to understand, it's the IMPLIED that has me not understanding clearly.

In my own mind, "IMPLIED" means everything other than what the 18+ rules have excluded to be acceptable.

For example...Is a topless model with ZERO nipples showing okay as IMPLIED, thus okay to have presented as a "regular" image???  My experience has been that images that have been TOTALLY fine as IMPLIED, at least in my mind, and according to what I've read, seem to be getting bumped out of non 18+ contests.  NO explicit or 18+ "body parts" are shown?  Just cleavage "close' to the nipple without any nipple part being visible at all.  Very confusing to me.

Here's the most recent example of an image that was bumped.  I'm perfectly okay with whatever the decision is from MM, but I'm just seeking to learn.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29275667 

Any thoughts or clarification would be REALLY appreciated!!!

Thanks!

James

Quick answer:
Take all the pics on MM – the ones showing absolutely no nipples/areola, no butt crack, no pubic area go into the PotD
The rest go into the PotD18+.
There are exceptions… obscenities such as the “one finger salute” are 18+… series/composite images are not accepted in either contest... there are more.

What is implied? –  Have the model in your avatar remove her bandeau, now pose her so the viewer can not see nipples/areola… but the viewer is very aware that nipples/areolas would be visible if the model moved ever so slightly. That’s pretty much implied topless.

As to why your image was ‘bumped’ (as in disqualified from the PotD)…
First off, I see no recent disqualifications against your from the PotD.
Second, if it were entered it would likely be disqualified as it violates the “bare buttocks (thong or not)” rule, which includes ‘butt crack’.

May 22 13 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

JAMES ROSS PHOTOGRAPHIX

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Hi JoJo,

Thank you for the better clarification.  It's much appreciated!  Yes I thought I had a pretty good idea as to the difference between the two groups, but I had was a little confused as to the top of the butt showing in the image I had given an example of.

This image was actually entered as a Forum entry where 18+ images are not allowed.  It was messaged directly that I should take it down due to what you had mentioned or it would most likely get axed from the comp.  Although it was not an "official" exclusion. the result was the same.  Anyway...Now I know!!

Thanks again for the response back, it is much appreciated!

Most Sincerely,

James

May 23 13 05:39 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

KISS THE GIRL MODELS  wrote:
Hi JoJo,

Thank you for the better clarification.  It's much appreciated!  Yes I thought I had a pretty good idea as to the difference between the two groups, but I had was a little confused as to the top of the butt showing in the image I had given an example of.

This image was actually entered as a Forum entry where 18+ images are not allowed.  It was messaged directly that I should take it down due to what you had mentioned or it would most likely get axed from the comp.  Although it was not an "official" exclusion. the result was the same.  Anyway...Now I know!!

Thanks again for the response back, it is much appreciated!

Most Sincerely,

James

Although I am the Contest Admin and in charge of all the contests on MM, I try to allow each of the Hosts of each of the forum based contests maximum latitude when dealing with content issues.
Yes, if an obvious M/18+ image is entered and needs to be removed, I step in and hide the image.
As for some of the lesser offences (like plumber's crack in your image) I let the Hosts contact with the submitter.
Since the PotD and the PotD18+ are 'official' MM contests the rules are enforced a little more strictly.

May 23 13 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Sleeper

Marietta, Pennsylvania, US

I mistakenly posted an 18+ entry in the regular POD contest, how can I get that deleted? (sorry)

May 29 13 05:51 am Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Robert Sleeper wrote:
I mistakenly posted an 18+ entry in the regular POD contest, how can I get that deleted? (sorry)

Ask her or in CAM and I'll remove it.

by the way, I removed it already wink

May 29 13 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Sleeper

Marietta, Pennsylvania, US

JoJo wrote:

Ask her or in CAM and I'll remove it.

by the way, I removed it already wink

Thank you!  :-)

May 29 13 09:22 pm Link

Model

Ivy Camille

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

So after I have entered a contest how can I see how many votes i get?

Jun 01 13 09:05 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Jun 01 13 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

Bellinger

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Not sure this is the place to address ... but wondering why images in Picture of the Day ...disappearing or DQ'd .... for Jun 2 .... http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/21847584 ... if DQ'd might I ask why?
If I should be addressing this somewhere else ... please tell me where...

Thank you
Wally b

Jun 03 13 12:18 am Link

Model

StacieMaria

Hollywood, Florida, US

I can't figure out why I can't vote in the 18+ contest. I choose my 3 votes and press vote and it says "Thank you" Then I can go back and the votes didn't take. Am I no longer able to vote anymore?

Jun 03 13 12:42 am Link

Photographer

Eye of the World

Corvallis, Oregon, US

I'm curious, did someone make a fake account to enter the photo that won on Saturday? Seems odd for the account to now be closed if she was in fact the one who entered the contest. And if it was a fake account and the mods removed the profile, shouldn't the winning image also be removed and the 2nd place person be declared the winner?

Jun 03 13 01:27 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Bellinger wrote:
Not sure this is the place to address ... but wondering why images in Picture of the Day ...disappearing or DQ'd .... for Jun 2 .... http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/21847584 ... if DQ'd might I ask why?
If I should be addressing this somewhere else ... please tell me where...

Thank you
Wally b

Please see http://www.sendu.me.uk/modelmayhem/15_day/?mm_id=378557
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/potd/entr … 68-big.jpg was in the May 23 PotD

Jun 03 13 01:53 pm Link