Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Beauty & Hair Retouching Series 2 Review

Retoucher

Solstice Retouch

Posts: 2779

New York, New York, US

I finally had the chance to do a pre-release review on Beauty & Hair Retouching High End Techniques Series Two with Natalia Taffarel as the host.

You can find it in the link here
http://www.tinyurl.com/highendretouching

If that ever goes down here are a few mirror downloads:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/az42zg
http://www.yousendit.com/download/S1VBT … V3lGa1E9PQ

I was honestly very surprised with the entire DVD as well as the working files. The review has all the details. I apologize, I am not the best writer so some parts may be quite dry, however, it does get the point across.

In time, if these links expire just e-mail me and I'll send you it via e-mail at [email protected]

Enjoy,
Pratik
www.solsticeretouch.com

Jan 31 10 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Terakawa

Posts: 580

Emeryville, California, US

Any time breakdown on each chapter?

Jan 31 10 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Sean Baker Photo

Posts: 8044

Fort Knox, Kentucky, US

Great review Pratik.  Thanks for taking the time and sharing it with us.

Jan 31 10 07:07 pm Link

Retoucher

The Photoshop Junkie

Posts: 300

New York, New York, US

Thanks smile

Jan 31 10 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

Duncan Hall

Posts: 3104

San Francisco, California, US

Excellent. When's your DVD coming out? wink

Jan 31 10 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Posts: 17011

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Thank you, Pratik. I'm sold. That was a very thorough review. smile

Jan 31 10 07:25 pm Link

Retoucher

Solstice Retouch

Posts: 2779

New York, New York, US

Terakawa wrote:
Any time breakdown on each chapter?

Here is the breakdown on time frame

https://i49.tinypic.com/2r2smts.jpg

Jan 31 10 07:47 pm Link

Retoucher

Lanenga

Posts: 843

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

That's a pretty decent review!
Some spelling errors here and there but it brings the message across.

Thanks for watching it for us.
Now I have to get myself a copy.

(y)

Jan 31 10 08:36 pm Link

Retoucher

Solstice Retouch

Posts: 2779

New York, New York, US

Duncan Hall wrote:
Excellent. When's your DVD coming out? wink

Haha, never, considering how well Natalia covered all the details smile. Seriously, I think this is pretty comprehensive on all the areas. I'm excited about this because it is what I wish I had when I first started out, everything all in one area with beauty retouching. It's a hard task because you have to find an image that just enough flaws to address in every aspect of retouching, and have it all come together in the end.

I know there is a delay going on, however I do believe it's worth the patience invested.

Jan 31 10 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

doctorontop

Posts: 429

La Condamine, La Condamine, Monaco

Solstice Retouch wrote:
I know there is a delay going on, however I do believe it's worth the patience invested.

Thanks Solstice that's a really good review now I want the DVD even more smile

Jan 31 10 09:08 pm Link

Retoucher

Eva Ubani

Posts: 134

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Thankyou Pratik, that was a great review!

Feb 01 10 01:37 am Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Posts: 7665

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Solstice Retouch wrote:
I know there is a delay going on, however I do believe it's worth the patience invested.

Thank you, the support means a lot smile

I was very moved by the review, you know that.

For everyone else, if you're interested, this is another review by a member of Retouch Pro

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo- … eries.html

Feb 01 10 09:04 am Link

Retoucher

Virtuoso Skins

Posts: 333

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Solstice Retouch wrote:
I finally had the chance to do a pre-release review on Beauty & Hair Retouching High End Techniques Series Two with Natalia Taffarel as the host.

You can find it in the link here
http://www.tinyurl.com/highendretouching

If that ever goes down here are a few mirror downloads:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/az42zg
http://www.yousendit.com/download/S1VBT … V3lGa1E9PQ

I was honestly very surprised with the entire DVD as well as the working files. The review has all the details. I apologize, I am not the best writer so some parts may be quite dry, however, it does get the point across.

In time, if these links expire just e-mail me and I'll send you it via e-mail at [email protected]

Enjoy,
Pratik

Very good review Pratik. I thought it was very thorough and well written.

I'm looking forward to getting the DvD too, being able to watch every detail from a-z is invaluable.

Feb 01 10 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Posts: 22229

New York, New York, US

I was extremely disappointed in the first DVD, but based on this and other reviews (as well as Natalia herself) I am very much looking forward to this one.

Feb 01 10 11:16 pm Link

Retoucher

Sebastian Reuter

Posts: 126

Frankfurt, Hassia, Germany

Thanks for taking your time to write that detailed review. It really helped me a lot deciding if I want to spend the money on the dvd.
I already had a good feeling about the dvd but i feel reassured now tongue

Feb 03 10 04:37 am Link

Photographer

Bryce Chapman

Posts: 169

Washington, North Carolina, US

Natalia_Taffarel wrote:
Thank you, the support means a lot smile

I was very moved by the review, you know that.

For everyone else, if you're interested, this is another review by a member of Retouch Pro

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo- … eries.html

Thanks Solstice…and Thank You Natalia!!!! smile Mine should be in the mail soon!!! after seeing the previews…I HAD to order it…cant wait to learn big_smile

Feb 03 10 05:31 am Link

Photographer

GC1

Posts: 220

Paris, Île-de-France, France

I just ordered mine and cant wait to receive it :-))
hope to make a ton of progress ...

Regards

*Indi

May 25 10 07:13 am Link

Photographer

Jeffery Williams

Posts: 311

Tampa, Florida, US

Does this DVD cover some of the material in the "high pass sucks" thread? If so then I definitely want to purchase. Can someone provide a link to order? http://www.nataliataffarel.com is blocked here at work and can't find the order link on my phone!

Thanks,

Jeff

May 25 10 08:24 am Link

Photographer

NorWestImage

Posts: 73

Belgrade, Montana, US

The DVD is amazing. I've watched and practiced it for many more hours than I'd care to admit smile. Great review! I totally agree with the reviewer when he said it seems like an entire semesters worth of material all in one place.

My DVD is up for sale if anyone is interested.

Cheers!

May 25 10 08:33 am Link

Retoucher

Daniel Meadows

Posts: 794

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

I'm actually really disappointed that I need to save my money for the new Mac Pro (new version soon!) and CS5 upgrade, it'll probably be later in the year before I can really afford to pick this up sad

May 25 10 08:48 am Link

Photographer

Jeffery Williams

Posts: 311

Tampa, Florida, US

May 25 10 08:54 am Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Posts: 7665

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Since this one was brought back  up smile

There's another review in RP from one of the ppl who bought it (I'm just posting it coz it's so nice and I'm happy to get them)

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo- … spent.html


Further more I've talked with Vitaly about a 20% discount. This is a good place to let ppl know.

MMfriends is the "code" for Model Mayhem

He asked me to make sure to say this discount is for New orders only, the discounts cannot be applied to orders already placed.

Have fun and I'm always here (god knows I am) to answer any questions smile

x

May 25 10 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

descending chain

Posts: 1368

San Diego, California, US

Natalia_Taffarel wrote:
MMfriends is the "code" for Model Mayhem

He asked me to make sure to say this discount is for New orders only, the discounts cannot be applied to orders already placed.

The timing for this is perfect.  I remembered seeing your post about a coupon not too long ago and was looking for it earlier today.
The only problem is that right now it isn't working, I get "The Coupon Code Entered is Invalid or Has Expired" when I enter MMfriends.

May 25 10 01:25 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Posts: 7665

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

descending chain wrote:

The timing for this is perfect.  I remembered seeing your post about a coupon not too long ago and was looking for it earlier today.
The only problem is that right now it isn't working, I get "The Coupon Code Entered is Invalid or Has Expired" when I enter MMfriends.

hmmm  no idea. Just checked with Vitaly, he'll email me shortly and I'll let you know.

xx

May 25 10 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

descending chain

Posts: 1368

San Diego, California, US

Natalia_Taffarel wrote:

hmmm  no idea. Just checked with Vitaly, he'll email me shortly and I'll let you know.

xx

It's working now; just ordered my copy.

Thanks.

May 25 10 03:33 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Posts: 7665

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

descending chain wrote:

It's working now; just ordered my copy.

Thanks.

Lol I was about to say :It's fixed big_smile

You beat me to it.

x

May 26 10 04:11 am Link

Photographer

Kristina J

Posts: 2328

London, England, United Kingdom

Have you any plans to offer downloadable version?

May 28 10 08:29 am Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Posts: 7665

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Kristina J wrote:
Have you any plans to offer downloadable version?

I don't think so sad sorry

But because of the inconveniences the shipping is free and worldwide.


x

May 28 10 09:10 am Link

Retoucher

Bloom_reflection

Posts: 350

Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

and what about the countries which are not included in the shipping area. For instance my country is not included and other European counties too

May 28 10 11:44 am Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Posts: 7665

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Iliana Valeva wrote:
and what about the countries which are not included in the shipping area. For instance my country is not included and other European counties too

Let me know which countries. Vitaly needs to adds them. But it does ship worldwide is just a technicality

x

May 28 10 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Bina Studios

Posts: 1

BRONX, New York, US

Natalia_Taffarel wrote:

Let me know which countries. Vitaly needs to adds them. But it does ship worldwide is just a technicality

x

i love the fact that she replies asap . i am now definatly going to purchase this dvd

Dec 07 10 03:31 am Link