Forums > Newbie Forum > HOP Models Chicago? Legit or no?

Model

Jessica-Elizabeth

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Hey there everyone,
My friend is on OMP (not MM yet, I'm working on it) and he received a PM from a place called HOP Models. I found it kind of weird because he has never done a shoot and has no pro pics up, but I really have no idea what to make of it. He also acts if that makes any difference because it is a talent agency. This is what it said (i removed phone/names)
------
Dear Parents of ____,

After reviewing your portfolio, we have an interest in your look and would like to meet to discuss possible Agency representation. Please contact our office to schedule a time to meet or respond by email.

Warmest Regards,

name
HOP Models & Talent Agency
120 N. Green St. Suite 2B
Chicago Illinois 60607

(xxx) xxx.xxxx office
(xxx) xxx.xxxx fax

www.hopmodels.com
www.hopmodels.blogspot.com

Personally, I have never heard of them ever. However, I was wondering if any of you MM-ers know anything about it. Also, I have read new models and have had him read it; please don't post telling me to (:

Thanks for the help (:

EDIT: I looked on OMP and now their profile is no longer active? This is starting to seem pretty fishy

Jun 26 10 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jessica-Elizabeth wrote:
Hey there everyone,
My friend is on OMP (not MM yet, I'm working on it) and he received a PM from a place called HOP Models. I found it kind of weird because he has never done a shoot and has no pro pics up, but I really have no idea what to make of it. He also acts if that makes any difference because it is a talent agency. This is what it said (i removed phone/names)
------
Dear Parents of ____,

After reviewing your portfolio, we have an interest in your look and would like to meet to discuss possible Agency representation. Please contact our office to schedule a time to meet or respond by email.

Warmest Regards,

name
HOP Models & Talent Agency
120 N. Green St. Suite 2B
Chicago Illinois 60607

(xxx) xxx.xxxx office
(xxx) xxx.xxxx fax

www.hopmodels.com
www.hopmodels.blogspot.com

Personally, I have never heard of them ever. However, I was wondering if any of you MM-ers know anything about it. Also, I have read new models and have had him read it; please don't post telling me to (:

Thanks for the help (:

EDIT: I looked on OMP and now their profile is no longer active? This is starting to seem pretty fishy

The first step to always take is to contact the Illinois Dept. of Labor.
All agencies must be licensed and bonded by the state.  Asking the members here
may or may not work because small smaller agencies are formed all the time.
Most fail.  A few quick observations.  The site does not have any information for
potential clients to review.  In fact there is a link to 'we make great portfolios'
which hints that they are a mill.

Most agencies don't contact models on-line.  However, I am not a agency shooter.
The first step is to find out if they are licensed.  If they are not avoid them.
http://www.state.il.us/agency/idol/

Second step provided they are is to go see them.

Jun 26 10 10:52 am Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Downers Grove, Illinois, US

Seems like a pretty legit looking agency from the website. They have models, actors, and children's division. And offices in both Atlanta and Chicago. Though they don't seem to have a lot of people represented, but some smaller agencies do limit the number of people the accept.

Jun 26 10 11:36 am Link

Model

Sweet E Walsh

Chicago, Illinois, US

Good Afternoon,

Beware of this agency....they will collect cash from you for the pictures, send you to a reputable photographer, spend the cash and you NEVER see the photos and the photographer is never paid.  SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Nov 03 10 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

John Manning Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

I had a problem with a guy who worked for them, but he resolved it.  Haven't had any problems with the agency itself.

Nov 21 10 11:13 am Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

And there you have it.

Nov 21 10 03:08 pm Link

Model

Nadeshiko Yamato

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Since all the information has already been supplied...I'm just gonna say what we're all thinking: The name makes me wanna go to IHOP. big_smile

Nov 29 10 02:04 am Link

Model

Takisha Lashawn

New York, New York, US

I know Im like two years late on this response (judging from the date) however, the first major red flag was the fact that they require models to arrive to the model call with a two piece bathing suit and heels. :-0

No other REPUTABLE agency is requiring such silliness. (i.e Ford, Elite, BMG, Factor, etc..) so why this place? Doesn't sound right and if it walks like a duck - hell you know the rest! Good luck

Nov 13 12 11:25 am Link

Photographer

Escalante

Chicago, Illinois, US

SCAM SCAM SCAM .
NOT REGISTERED OR BONDED IN THE STATE OF ILL.
stay away . dont walk away run away .
people who dont know what the heck they are doing.
Super duper ghetto.
There isnt a Chicago Office.

Nov 13 12 11:28 am Link

Photographer

Escalante

Chicago, Illinois, US

Takisha Lashawn wrote:
I know Im like two years late on this response (judging from the date) however, the first major red flag was the fact that they require models to arrive to the model call with a two piece bathing suit and heels. :-0

No other REPUTABLE agency is requiring such silliness. (i.e Ford, Elite, BMG, Factor, etc..) so why this place? Doesn't sound right and if it walks like a duck - hell you know the rest! Good luck

Most  agencies require you to bring a swimsuit sweetie .
That isnt the wierd part.

If that is a major red flag then alot of agencies will be waving red.

Nov 13 12 11:30 am Link

Model

Miss_Ouri

Los Angeles, California, US

The e-mail you received was generated due to your submission to our agency on-line.
Due to high demand of submissions we send out an e-mail to let you know what we are interested and then a follow up call will proceed.

HOP IS OFFICIAL

Feb 04 13 07:35 am Link

Model

Torianna

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

I am signed with HOP Chicago. All of this stuff is nonsense. HOP is very real, and there IS a Chicago office. In the office, they have a framed copy of their license. The agency is professional and has had great success. I know that I personally am happy to be represented by them.

Jan 31 14 02:53 pm Link