Forums > Model Colloquy > Is one source talent a scam?

Model

Devoluvseighties1981411

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I filled out some info on line and got a call back from One source talent.  They charge a fee for a photo shoot and a monthly due to be placed on their website.  They claim to help talent get work and become discovered.

It seems like everyone where I am here in AZ, charges fees.  What is the best way to break into the industry and get paid to do so?  I would appreciate all the feedback I can get on this.

Thx,
Devon

Jun 27 10 03:31 pm Link

Model

Breann Rambo

Phoenix, Arizona, US

D Vandenboom wrote:
I filled out some info on line and got a call back from One source talent.  They charge a fee for a photo shoot and a monthly due to be placed on their website.  They claim to help talent get work and become discovered.

It seems like everyone where I am here in AZ, charges fees.  What is the best way to break into the industry and get paid to do so?  I would appreciate all the feedback I can get on this.

Thx,
Devon

Hey!

Yeah, they are scammy... avoid them and go to one of the real agencies.

We have several agencies out here that are legit, "The Agency, Robert Black Agency (ford), The Young Agency (modeling/acting)."

Although Phoenix is no where close to the fashion center of the world, we do have agencies out here. smile You won't make a million out here though.. if you are serious, move... lol

Some "real" agencies will charge a fee to put you on the website.

Bri

Jun 27 10 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

D Vandenboom wrote:

They're a big scam.

Jun 27 10 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Nina Lux Photography

New York, New York, US

Yep. Just as much as a scam as the Art Institutes big_smile

Jun 27 10 03:53 pm Link

Model

Luccia

Boulder, Colorado, US

I was signed with them.  Used it just for a name bases to get a real name agency.  Not worth the money though.. so I'd keep looking.

Main agencies in AZ are S.I.M., Ford Robert Black, and the Agency AZ.  check them out.

Jun 27 10 08:36 pm Link

Model

Jessica-Elizabeth

Charleston, South Carolina, US

yes. plain and simple.

Jun 27 10 10:20 pm Link

Model

CARTER VINCENSSE

San Francisco, California, US

hell yes they're a scam used them for a about a month and bailed.do what i did grab a lawyer.they'll refund you your money at double what they charged you.they claim to be an agency yet your paying them without having any work found for you.the second you show up at their office and mention the word court hearing and supeona they get spooked

Jun 27 10 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

MANNY MESCUVIOS wrote:
the second you show up at their office and mention the word court hearing and supeona they get spooked

I guess they are not really big league scammers? The big time crooks usually are afraid of the legal threat.

smile

Jun 27 10 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

Twenty Seven and a Half

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ish.  Not really a scam, but certainly not worth the cash.

I had a shoot I was doing for a boutique hotel in Chicago two years ago.  It was a big shoot on the roof of the hotel with a four figure paycheck for the model.  And the hotel requested that I use a model who was with One Source. 

One Source told me though that they didn't allow their models to shoot at private residences or hotels.  I explained that it wasn't some shady thing, the hotel had hired me to shoot on the roof and there were going to be 20 people on set.  The images were going to be ads that were published in both local and national magazines.  I encouraged them to contact the hotel and speak to the owner, but they held their ground.  One Source models don't shoot at private residences or at hotels.

So if you wonder what you're paying for, THAT is it.  You're paying in order to not work and not get exposure.

Jun 28 10 09:19 am Link

Model

Zachary F

New York, New York, US

scam.

Jun 28 10 11:52 am Link

Model

Dina kurbanov

Washington, District of Columbia, US

YES

Jun 28 10 03:01 pm Link

Model

Sergio Antonio Castro

Aurora, Illinois, US

Thank you all!!  So helpful!!

Aug 31 11 07:32 pm Link

Model

Shel DonDadda

New York, New York, US

I just got a call from them, seems shady.

Mar 19 14 05:47 am Link