Retoucher

Easy-Photoshopper

Posts: 360

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

i was wondering if she had any free tuts - i would like to see her style of work.

Sep 30 10 06:25 pm Link

Retoucher

Krunoslav Stifter

Posts: 3883

Santa Cruz, California, US

She had I workshop recently in Australia I think
http://www.miaostberg.com/news/?page_id=60

She has a few webinars from RetouchPRO
I know about four different retouches that she did.
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=dresser
I think there are available somewhere on youtube if you pay.

Here is one of here PSD-s
http://www.fearofbodd.com/ADresserSample_RET.psd

Sep 30 10 06:31 pm Link

Retoucher

Easy-Photoshopper

Posts: 360

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Krunoslav-Stifter wrote:
She had I workshop recently in Australia I think
http://www.miaostberg.com/news/?page_id=60

She has a few webinars from RetouchPRO
I know about four different retouches that she did.
http://www.retouchpro.com/index.php?page=dresser
I think there are available somewhere on youtube if you pay.

Here is one of here PSD-s
http://www.fearofbodd.com/ADresserSample_RET.psd

yeah i think its this weekend actually but flights + accom + the workshop was tooo much sad

thanks for the links ill check them out

Sep 30 10 06:34 pm Link

Retoucher

Krunoslav Stifter

Posts: 3883

Santa Cruz, California, US

I had an idea for "Chasing Amy" thread, but I never got around to prepare the material.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6868/amytest2.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1863/amytest1.jpg

I'm a fan of her style since I started this, but I never seem to find an appropriate project to try and make something similar. Anyway, her website and before/after is a good way to reveres engineer it. That is how I did it.


BTW. I have found the link for the youtube, pay-per-view webinars.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RetouchPRO

Sep 30 10 06:42 pm Link

Retoucher

Easy-Photoshopper

Posts: 360

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

wow they are really good!

i was to learn different styles from different people and see which sticks to me LOLO

Sep 30 10 06:47 pm Link

Retoucher

Chris Meade Retouching

Posts: 6

Portsmouth, Ohio, US

This is kinda an old post, but it has her technique:

Flickr discussion of Amy Dresser technique

you have to scroll to the bottom to download the virus free pdf.

Sep 30 10 07:08 pm Link

Retoucher

Easy-Photoshopper

Posts: 360

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Chris Meade Retouching wrote:
This is kinda an old post, but it has her technique:

Flickr discussion of Amy Dresser technique

you have to scroll to the bottom to download the virus free pdf.

sorry i have been through alots of pages - got bored at looking lol

Sep 30 10 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Chua

Posts: 135

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

She also has a retouching webinar (I'm sure you can find it online). I recently watched it. She has interesting and different techniques.

Sep 30 10 08:22 pm Link

Retoucher

Chris Meade Retouching

Posts: 6

Portsmouth, Ohio, US

Easy-Photoshopper wrote:

sorry i have been through alots of pages - got bored at looking lol

ok, here's the direct link to the pdf:

Amy Dresser tutorial

Oct 01 10 05:48 am Link

Photographer

Dmitry Bocharov

Posts: 23

Moscow, Moscow, Russia

Krunoslav-Stifter wrote:
I had an idea for "Chasing Amy" thread, but I never got around to prepare the material.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/6868/amytest2.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1863/amytest1.jpg

I'm a fan of her style since I started this, but I never seem to find an appropriate project to try and make something similar. Anyway, her website and before/after is a good way to reveres engineer it. That is how I did it.

Cool
BTW. I have found the link for the youtube, pay-per-view webinars.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RetouchPRO

Apr 16 13 04:13 am Link

Photographer

Gulag

Posts: 1250

Duluth, Georgia, US

and her 2012 talk:

http://vimeo.com/51250775

Apr 16 13 05:52 am Link

Photographer

Sergei Rodionov

Posts: 867

Dallas, Texas, US

mshi wrote:
and her 2012 talk:

http://vimeo.com/51250775

Good video smile

Apr 16 13 10:55 am Link

Retoucher

nobody frm nowhere

Posts: 25

Nottingham, Maryland, US

in my experience popular retouchers never reveal their everyday workflow, even in their workshops.

Apr 17 13 03:31 pm Link

Retoucher

Krunoslav Stifter

Posts: 3883

Santa Cruz, California, US

andyshrestha wrote:
in my experience popular retouchers never reveal their everyday workflow, even in their workshops.

Maybe your experience is not extensive enough. I don't know many who keep any "secretes" since there aren't any. And in this day and age, if you don't share you are left behind. If you try to hold on to what you know and no one else does, it is only matter of time before others figure it out with all the information floating around for free. And than you will be sorry for not simply sharing it for free while it was worth something. Long story short; trust me.... everything is shared at one point or another as much as the medium allows. smile

Apr 17 13 03:39 pm Link

Retoucher

Peano

Posts: 4106

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

Krunoslav-Stifter wrote:
I had an idea for "Chasing Amy" thread, but I never got around to prepare the material.

Evidently . . .

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/18/dresseruk.jpg

Apr 17 13 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Gulag

Posts: 1250

Duluth, Georgia, US

andyshrestha wrote:
in my experience popular retouchers never reveal their everyday workflow, even in their workshops.

I watched one of those livecast she did a few years ago with Retouchpro. From my own experience, I can tell you she revealed almost all her workflow to the audience. What makes her a great retoucher is not how she uses any particular tools inside Photoshop; rather, it's her very unique ability on color.

Apr 17 13 04:24 pm Link

Retoucher

Peano

Posts: 4106

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

andyshrestha wrote:
in my experience popular retouchers never reveal their everyday workflow, even in their workshops.

Exactly what experience are you referring to?

Apr 17 13 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

JeffB_Photography

Posts: 127

Montgomery Village, Maryland, US

How is this skin tone obtained?

Before: http://www.amydresser.com/img/elvada_b4.jpg

After: http://www.amydresser.com/img/elvada.jpg

Apr 17 13 06:20 pm Link

Retoucher

Peano

Posts: 4106

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

JeffB_Photography wrote:
How is this skin tone obtained?

I did this with curves . . .

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3487/skintone.jpg

Apr 17 13 06:57 pm Link

Retoucher

Ornaments

Posts: 12

Brighton, England, United Kingdom

Peano wrote:

I did this with curves . . .

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3487/skintone.jpg

Looks slightly too green from where I'm sat,

This is just with curves, a gradient map and a selective colour adjustment layer

http://i46.tinypic.com/11i3eds.jpg

Apr 18 13 01:48 am Link

Retoucher

AKMac

Posts: 329

London, England, United Kingdom

JeffB_Photography wrote:
How is this skin tone obtained?

Before: http://www.amydresser.com/img/elvada_b4.jpg

After: http://www.amydresser.com/img/elvada.jpg

Are you sure you want to? This isn't skintone.

Apr 18 13 02:42 am Link

Retoucher

AKMac

Posts: 329

London, England, United Kingdom

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21186335/Screen-shot-2013-04-18-at-19.34.03.jpg

One of these is a copy - the other one was converted to B&W (leaving the lips and eyes as the original colour) and a solid single colour was applied at 100% in Color Mode. It's not the skintone that makes this image look good, its the skilful D&B.

Apr 18 13 12:21 pm Link

Retoucher

Kristiana-Retouch

Posts: 289

London, England, United Kingdom

mshi wrote:
What makes her a great retoucher is not how she uses any particular tools inside Photoshop; rather, it's her very unique ability on color.

She has an amazing trained eye on color! I watched one of her videos and she retouched about 90% of photo using curves adjustments and it was huge difference.
I actually like her personality as well.

Apr 18 13 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Gulag

Posts: 1250

Duluth, Georgia, US

Christiana1990 wrote:
She has an amazing trained eye on color! I watched one of her videos and she retouched about 90% of photo using curves adjustments and it was huge difference.
I actually like her personality as well.

Trained eye on color? Trained by whom?  In the livecast that I watched, she told a story of her helping her mom to spot the exact wallpaper based on what her mom held in hand from thousands of samples in a store in less than two minutes when she was under 10.

Apr 18 13 04:59 pm Link

Retoucher

Kristiana-Retouch

Posts: 289

London, England, United Kingdom

mshi wrote:
Trained eye on color? Trained by whom?

Well of course I didn't meant trained like in gym - she obviously has her talents.
But if you pay more attention to color you eventually get better and better on that. At least I do.

Apr 19 13 01:26 am Link

Photographer

Gulag

Posts: 1250

Duluth, Georgia, US

Christiana1990 wrote:

Well of course I didn't meant trained like in gym - she obviously has her talents.
But if you pay more attention to color you eventually get better and better on that. At least I do.

Glad hearing it works for you. But I am no Mozart even though I've started playing since 12.

Apr 19 13 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Lee K

Posts: 2411

Palatine, Illinois, US

mshi wrote:
and her 2012 talk:

http://vimeo.com/51250775

That was painful to watch. :-\

Apr 20 13 06:29 am Link