Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > try again-high pass sucks-reward offer

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Beautiful Sundays wrote:

Yet Lanenga thought it over and indeed did 'open yet another thread (himself) on how to do this'

This is just one example of the weird dynamics at play on these forums.

PS I also posted my rudimentary technique on a new thread, so I'm not dissing Lanenga for doing so...I like his action.

It just seems people were quite abrupt to OP for two pages, then went ahead and basically submitted what he was asking for all along...

No. Lanenga did not start a thread to answer the same thing the OP was asking for. Not even close. Maybe you need to re-read the thread a few more times. smile

Oct 10 10 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Beautiful Sundays

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:
No. Lanenga did not start a thread to answer the same thing the OP was asking for. Not even close. Maybe you need to re-read the thread a few more times. smile

Mike, I hope everybody on mm reads and re-reads this thread smile

It is full of lots of amazing information and insights, both re content and personalities/dynamics.

I also sent links of these threads to some non-mm people/contacts who are genuine PS authorities (apparently mm boasts only a cpl...notably Sean, KS, Natalia, and a few others).

Interesting feedback re the value of using the average 'mm' photoshopper and these threads as a learning resource...I was offended! Offended I say  smile

I was told to stop wasting my time here...IMAGINE!!! But it's soo much fun smile

OP hasn't responded to my PM re the reward for 'best' explanation of HPS for newcomers.....oh well....I personally think Angela rocked the house with her videos.

PS--I really like Lanenga and the work/explanations he's doing re his action...he started a bit grouchy (we discussed this), but has actually shown some cool stuff. He deserves a lot if not most of the credit for what's happened since the 'Somebody please explain this HPS stuff' started.

Oct 10 10 09:50 pm Link

Retoucher

George Thomson

Concord, California, US

Beautiful Sundays wrote:
I was told to stop wasting my time here...IMAGINE!!! But it's soo much fun smile

often the only way to hold on to authority is proliferation of ignorance wink

Oct 11 10 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Photon Mayhem wrote:

often the only way to hold on to authority is proliferation of ignorance wink

Tried and true method of every government in the world.

Oct 12 10 03:04 am Link

Photographer

Sean Baker Photo

San Antonio, Texas, US

Beautiful Sundays wrote:
Interesting feedback re the value of using the average 'mm' photoshopper and these threads as a learning resource...I was offended! Offended I say  smile

OOC, did they provide 'better' places to go, or just knock on this site?  I ask because I'm always looking for a better / extra place to talk & learn, but am yet to find such (despite MM's loss of some of it's historic greats).

Oct 12 10 10:57 am Link

Photographer

GC1

Paris, Île-de-France, France

lots of useful infos here..thank you :-)

Nov 25 10 07:34 am Link

Photographer

rdallasPhotography

CHADDS FORD, Pennsylvania, US

Throwing the chaff aside, this was a great thread. Thanks to Angela for a clear concise video. While there may be other ways, this video is clear enough to use and understand how it works. Once you understand how something works, you can try new things on your own. Great job!

Dec 31 10 07:11 am Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

Lanenga wrote:
Someone...neutral

wink

But, I don't really see the point of opening yet another thread on how to do this. Although yesterdays was hijacked, it had many good, clear and useful advice.

There is nothing more to tell you unless you want a step by step for every situation. Something that would be impossible to do.

I think those that grasp this seem to overlook newbies that join all the time, a problem with a lot of the forums. Just because something has been discussed by existing members doesn't mean newer members are not joining. Just my thoughts.

I've been reading a lot of the retouching threads, this one has helped me to understand a little clearer.

Big thanks to Angela for her video, and to all the others that have shared their insights on this forum. I'm so chuffed with what I'm learning here.

Jun 24 12 04:51 am Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

P.s. now I have the basics I'm going to re-read the main threads. They shouldn't be so daunting now. Thanks guys

Jun 24 12 05:05 am Link

Photographer

Mask Photo

Fremont, California, US

Holy thread necro, batman!

my actions might help you out once you've got a handle on what the technique does:
www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=576703

Jun 24 12 04:00 pm Link