Elizabeth Marxs

Denver, Colorado, US

What do you think of this new image?

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/20707637 18+

Dec 15 10 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

JoshuaDavisPhotography

San Francisco, California, US

Shouldn't go in your portfolio, I think it takes it down. The fold on your torso and the shadow under your eye aren't flattering.

Dec 15 10 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

Wildplum Images

Fort Worth, Texas, US

You have some beautiful photos in your portfolio.  The photo you have posted here is an attempt to do something artistic.  Some people like that sort of thing.  I don't.  I wouldn't have shot a picture of you that way.

Dec 15 10 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

SeaSaltStudios

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I can see where you wanted to go with this shot, hard and edgy, but it doesn't work for me. Love your other work!

Dec 15 10 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

nyk fury

Port Townsend, Washington, US

honestly? cover up. perhaps an interesting corset instead of a pulled up tank top. or maybe an open jacket, but not too open.

Dec 15 10 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Alexs Camera

Mount Holly, New Jersey, US

I like the image, Just a little bit of clean up in photoshop and it will add a nice bit of diversity to your port

Dec 15 10 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

xElizabethx wrote:
What do you think of this new image?

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/20707637 18+

You have better photos than that.

Dec 15 10 07:30 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Marxs

Denver, Colorado, US

Thank you all, if the photo was retouched differently would it look better?

Dec 15 10 07:53 pm Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I have to disagree with some of the above, I really do like the powerfulness of the overall composition and expression. I think it's one of your better frames.

I would not retouch it, rather make a cropped version of just the head and arms (leave the chest out).

But this is just my opinion, mainly because I sometimes like strong expressions.

Dec 16 10 01:23 am Link

Photographer

R.EYE.R

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

The concept is good and I don't get stuck on technicalities of the photo, but I feel it doesn't really match those you already have in your port.
That would be my opinion, of course.

Best Regards

Dec 16 10 01:27 am Link

Photographer

Lenny

Los Angeles, California, US

Dec 16 10 01:32 am Link

Photographer

Delightful Machinations

Tucson, Arizona, US

As a critique, I think it's a great concept that needs a touch of different executions.

As a model, it shows that you have some artistic chops.  If you don't have something artistic in your port in the same vein, keep it until you get one better.

Dec 16 10 07:38 am Link

Photographer

JoshuaDavisPhotography

San Francisco, California, US

Lenny wrote:
it has been done, and better:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/15492915

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/15493886

Well I guess I should just stop photography, since I know many of my photos have been done better.

Dec 16 10 07:47 am Link

Retoucher

Michael Brittain

Wahiawa, Hawaii, US

There's gritty and theres sloppy... The post work makes you look sloppy. If it were done right, it could be a good image.

I have to say though... You are beautiful.

Dec 16 10 07:51 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

xElizabethx wrote:
Thank you all, if the photo was retouched differently would it look better?

I think the retouching is fine, considering what the intent of the photo is.

Personally I think would be much improved by some cropping, the upper half of the image works better.
And you won't find me recommend cropping out a boob, especially epic boobs such as yours!, but I find the image to be stronger if it were cropped just above your nipple.
But, there are problems with that as well....I think your eye was turned just a bit too far off to the side, the dark part of your eye just blends in with the shadow...

Overall, you have better photos already, but if you heart is set on using this one try it with a crop...

Dec 16 10 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Corpibelli

Stockton, California, US

Lenny wrote:

I disagree; better or worse is in the eye of the photographer, the concept, and the work of the model.

I like the image.  It is intense.  Sure, there are things that could have been done differently and possibly made it better, but, none the less, I think you've done a great job. 

Keep at it.  It only gets better from here.

Dec 16 10 07:57 am Link

Photographer

JustPhoto

Fremont, California, US

Retouching of your exposed breast.. and a little overall cleanup work is required

Dec 16 10 07:58 am Link

Model

Elizabeth Marxs

Denver, Colorado, US

Thank you all, and I agree that it can be done a bit better, thats why I will just try again. I wanted to test an idea and the photog agreed. Different styling, better post work, and lighting.. thank you smile

Dec 16 10 08:01 am Link

Photographer

KMP

Houston, Texas, US

It's not a great shot.....and in my opinion.. changing how it's been processed won't improve it.. You have better work.

I think if you loved it.. you'd not have asked for opinions.. I say trust your instincts.   smile

Dec 16 10 08:03 am Link

Photographer

Philip of Dallas

Dallas, Texas, US

Although I like the concept and your expression, this composition doesn't work for me. Cropping out the other breast doesn't feel right to me, nor does the post work / coloring. Still, kudo's for artistic experimentation.

Dec 16 10 08:23 am Link

Model

Elizabeth Marxs

Denver, Colorado, US

I'm going to redo this shot today. So be on the lookout.

Dec 16 10 08:29 am Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Lenny wrote:

Those look like a completely different style then the image in question.

Dec 16 10 08:35 am Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

...you are far too beautiful for the image posted.

Dec 16 10 08:36 am Link

Model

Elizabeth Marxs

Denver, Colorado, US

Gibson Photo Art wrote:

Those look like a completely different style then the image in question.

agreed, but thanks anyway lenny, can't wait to work together next month.

Dec 16 10 08:37 am Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

xElizabethx wrote:

agreed, but thanks anyway lenny, can't wait to work together next month.

Well here is my take on it. I like it. It feels gritty and sexy and really does stand out. Not a pretty glamour shot and its so much better because its not. Reminds me of TH work.

Dec 16 10 08:44 am Link

Photographer

Lucian Schmit

Vancouver, Washington, US

I think you should keep it and leave it alone.

While some are commenting on the photo and have good suggestions, I am looking at this from a different angle - That is I am looking at a models portfolio, not a photographers portfolio. It's nice to see a photo that has not been photoshopped beyond reality. If a photographer wants to do that in their portfolio, then fine. I want to know what you really look like if I am considering working with you.

This photo make you look very confident and makes me think you would be someone I wanted to work with. You don't seem nervous or self-concious. That may not be the truth, but neither is photoshop smile

Dec 16 10 08:44 am Link

Model

Valya

New York, New York, US

Sandra Vixen wrote:
I have to disagree with some of the above, I really do like the powerfulness of the overall composition and expression. I think it's one of your better frames.

I would not retouch it, rather make a cropped version of just the head and arms (leave the chest out).
But this is just my opinion, mainly because I sometimes like strong expressions.

+1

Dec 16 10 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Henri3

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Very unflattering IMO ...... very harsh ..... I'd never make a model look like this

but it that's cool with you..... it's certainly different

Dec 16 10 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

xxMARC LOGAN

Houston, Texas, US

I'd have to agree that overall, It doesn't flatter you. I know you want to push your diversity and artistic views, but it can be done in a better way.
I would crop and keep just your facial expression. It rocks!

MARC

Dec 17 10 03:09 am Link

Photographer

Celluloid Visions

Fort Pierce, Florida, US

Like where you're going but I think it can look edgy without looking so harsh. Also the crop doesn't excite me. I'd either keep both breasts in or crop above them. Just the one and 1/2 looks funny to me. JMO. Can't wait to see the reshoot.

Dec 17 10 03:22 am Link