Forums > Model Colloquy > "Adult" topic question

Model

Alyssa Lamay

Posts: 508

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

HeavenlyAngel wrote:
Shaving, yes. It's more attractive and looks cleaner.
So shaving or trim, will make you look better and more appealing, telling whomever see your pictures that you take care of yourself. If you don't shave or trim it means you don't care about yourself, like using the bathroom and not washing your hands.

Um you are wrong.  Just because you do not shave does not mean that you are an unclean person.  For example, do you use a bidet after using the bathroom?  If not, some might think that is disgusting.  but really its all about the norm in your area

oh and for the poll.  I like to change it up..depending on when you ask me youll get a different answer tongue

Dec 17 10 01:43 pm Link

Model

Morgan AB

Posts: 6505

London, England, United Kingdom

HeavenlyAngel wrote:
Shaving, yes. It's more attractive and looks cleaner.
So shaving or trim, will make you look better and more appealing, telling whomever see your pictures that you take care of yourself. If you don't shave or trim it means you don't care about yourself, like using the bathroom and not washing your hands.

neutral
lol


Wow.

Dec 17 10 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

BlackArts - Jenna Black

Posts: 4100

Riverside, California, US

Wow. Describing natural pubic hair as the "70s porn thing" is pretty rude.

Dec 17 10 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

BlackArts - Jenna Black

Posts: 4100

Riverside, California, US

CK2 Photography wrote:
1 no erect nipples

I disagree. Erect nipples have more definition in shape, and without other signs of arousal I don't find anything particularly porny about erect nipples in fine art nude. I tend to keep my studio just a bit on the chill side for this very reason. In addition to erect nipples, skin tightens in the cold, so everything is just a bit perkier.

Dec 17 10 01:54 pm Link

Model

Maja Stina

Posts: 3622

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I prefer to shave but not because I think it looks better. It itches if I don't.

BUT mine is currently not shaved because that's how my BF wants it. So yeah, bring on the natural bush! LOL

Dec 17 10 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

Chapman Photography AGD

Posts: 1206

Modesto, California, US

HeavenlyAngel wrote:
Shaving, yes. It's more attractive and looks cleaner.
So shaving or trim, will make you look better and more appealing, telling whomever see your pictures that you take care of yourself. If you don't shave or trim it means you don't care about yourself, like using the bathroom and not washing your hands.

Hmmmm.... I don't shave or trim... well, my beard once in a while....

But I always, Always wash my hands after using the bathroom.   smile smile smile

Dec 17 10 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Posts: 3974

Firestone, Colorado, US

I have a beard.  It is cleaned daily and I trim it every other week.  My pubic hair also goes thru the daily shower routine.  I'm sure most people who don't shave still wash pretty regularly.

My wife would never choose to shave/trim/do nothing simply because "that's what I wanted".
We've been married too long.  She does what she does and if I don't like it I can leave after depositing 50% of everything I own.

The stats will be interesting only for morbid curiosity.

Dec 17 10 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

JEBKA Photography

Posts: 3974

Firestone, Colorado, US

Hanigoshi wrote:

Hmmmm.... I don't shave or trim... well, my beard once in a while....

But I always, Always wash my hands after using the bathroom.   smile smile smile

I try not to pee on my hands to start with  smile

Dec 17 10 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

Nelia

Posts: 2165

San Francisco, California, US

Art of the nude wrote:

The "looks better" part is pure opinion.

The "don't care about yourself" part is pure nonsense.

+1 smile

Dec 17 10 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

CK2 Photography

Posts: 744

Sacramento, California, US

BlackArts - Jenna Black wrote:

I disagree. Erect nipples have more definition in shape, and without other signs of arousal I don't find anything particularly porny about erect nipples in fine art nude. I tend to keep my studio just a bit on the chill side for this very reason. In addition to erect nipples, skin tightens in the cold, so everything is just a bit perkier.

that is not my rule about the nipples it is what is taught in universities in fine art classes for painters,sculptors photographers etc etc..Its also discussed in galleries and museums in my experience of 40 yrs in the world of fine arts.
So we are all entitled to our opinions and reasons..Just something I've heard mentioned many many many times over the yrs.
Yes I agree erect nipples have more definition but then they also speak of arousal and thats the fine line that many perfer not crossed.

Dec 17 10 02:34 pm Link

Model

-Jen-

Posts: 46880

Howell, Michigan, US

DHV Images wrote:

Heavenly, I don't think your mother or grandmother would agree. Nor most people over the age of 30.

HEY!!!

I'm over 30 and I have a landing strip.

Dec 17 10 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

BlackArts - Jenna Black

Posts: 4100

Riverside, California, US

CK2 Photography wrote:

that is not my rule about the nipples it is what is taught in universities in fine art classes for painters,sculptors photographers etc etc..Its also discussed in galleries and museums in my experience of 40 yrs in the world of fine arts.
So we are all entitled to our opinions and reasons..Just something I've heard mentioned many many many times over the yrs.
Yes I agree erect nipples have more definition but then they also speak of arousal and thats the fine line that many perfer not crossed.

That's interesting. I've not really come across that, but I suppose the museums I've been involved with are a bit more on the liberal side anyway.

Dec 17 10 02:43 pm Link

Model

-Jen-

Posts: 46880

Howell, Michigan, US

CK2 Photography wrote:

umm sorry but soap and shampoo are for keeping clean whether one is shaved or not and some shaved individuals could be dirtier than a none shaved one..And actually when it comes to ART NUDES it is prefered the model does have hair as it covers the private areas and makes it less porn looking as it resembles a woman and not a prepubescent vagina.
Theres a couple unwritten rules to standard art nudes.


1 no erect nipples


2 pubic hair that looks natural even if its a bit trimmed cannot be to manicured or completely waxed

there are several more and rules are meant to be broken.But if your base for doing art nudes is in hopes of actually selling them to real fine art nude collectors who will pay a very hefty price for them even after your dead these rules generally do have bearing on who buys them and why

just my pennies worth

No erect nipples, huh?

I ALWAYS have erect nipples.

Dec 17 10 02:43 pm Link

Model

-Jen-

Posts: 46880

Howell, Michigan, US

CK2 Photography wrote:

that is not my rule about the nipples it is what is taught in universities in fine art classes for painters,sculptors photographers etc etc..Its also discussed in galleries and museums in my experience of 40 yrs in the world of fine arts.
So we are all entitled to our opinions and reasons..Just something I've heard mentioned many many many times over the yrs.
Yes I agree erect nipples have more definition but then they also speak of arousal and thats the fine line that many perfer not crossed.

erect nipples also speak of a model being cold...

or in my instance - the way my nipples always are.

Dec 17 10 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Posts: 12057

Olivet, Michigan, US

DHV Images wrote:
Heavenly, I don't think your mother or grandmother would agree. Nor most people over the age of 30.

-Jen- wrote:
HEY!!!

I'm over 30 and I have a landing strip.

The oldest model I shot nude (45, as I recall) was fully shaved.  The youngest (18 years and 11 days old) was fully "natural", more or less. 

I'm quite sure both have very high standards of hygiene.

Dec 17 10 02:46 pm Link

Model

Jonny Jean

Posts: 957

Los Angeles, California, US

I wish my GF shaved, it's so much sexier bald.

Dec 17 10 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

CK2 Photography

Posts: 744

Sacramento, California, US

-Jen- wrote:

erect nipples also speak of a model being cold...

or in my instance - the way my nipples always are.

but its obvious to me anyway that thats the natural state of your nipples

Dec 17 10 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

CK2 Photography

Posts: 744

Sacramento, California, US

BlackArts - Jenna Black wrote:

That's interesting. I've not really come across that, but I suppose the museums I've been involved with are a bit more on the liberal side anyway.

may I see some of your oil paintings of nudes? Perhaps some drawings? Or anything you do on a formal artistic level besides photography? Not trolling here I am genuinely interested as this thing is something I was told long before I got into photography back when I was studying things like oil on board painting in the traditional methods of the classicist such as DiVinci,Rembrandt.etc etc
So who knows perhaps the profs were wrong
generally if the nipples are erect it will be classified in more the erotic fields of art then in the fine art field even if it isn't what the MM community defines as erotic.

Dec 17 10 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Wysiwyg Photography

Posts: 6326

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

CK2 Photography wrote:

umm sorry but soap and shampoo are for keeping clean whether one is shaved or not and some shaved individuals could be dirtier than a none shaved one..And actually when it comes to ART NUDES it is prefered the model does have hair as it covers the private areas and makes it less porn looking as it resembles a woman and not a prepubescent vagina.
Theres a couple unwritten rules to standard art nudes.


1 no erect nipples


2 pubic hair that looks natural even if its a bit trimmed cannot be to manicured or completely waxed

there are several more and rules are meant to be broken.But if your base for doing art nudes is in hopes of actually selling them to real fine art nude collectors who will pay a very hefty price for them even after your dead these rules generally do have bearing on who buys them and why

just my pennies worth

What?... .. .

I'm more of a "come as you are" type of guy when it comes to nudes.. but I have seen very beautiful pictures of shaved models and doesn't even remotely look "pornesque" (of course.. porn is in the eye of the beholder)
that being said.. when I was growing up... women had bush... and it was wild... and if you see the 70's classics. It was a major turn on.. it was a while before I could shoot "bush" as it draws the eye right there.

But again... for some.. cleanly shaved looks more artistic and some prefer the bush and looks more artistic...
There is no right answer.. but certainly is not "Porn" because to me growing up... bush = porn.

Dec 17 10 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Posts: 33208

Dearborn, Michigan, US

-Jen- wrote:

No erect nipples, huh?

I ALWAYS have erect nipples.

Yes you do!   smile

Dec 17 10 05:10 pm Link

Model

Shea Mercedes

Posts: 137

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

I always keep my hair very trimmed and nice, but for shoots I prefer to be bare.

Dec 17 10 07:47 pm Link

Model

Shea Mercedes

Posts: 137

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Yes you do!   smile

I swear I was going to say the same about myself.

Dec 17 10 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

michaelGIORDANO

Posts: 594

Austin, Texas, US

Sensual Touch wrote:
I noticed that a fair % of his models in his shots have pubic hair. I told him I cannot remember the last time I shot a nude model who had pubic hair, even though I know some do.

He said he believed the trend to totally shave is mainly an American thing

LMAO...I was dating a young Bulgarian and she said the opposite.  lol  I too thought the shaved was a European thing.  Oh well.

Dec 17 10 09:52 pm Link

Model

V Laroche

Posts: 2746

Khowmeyn, Markazī, Iran

HeavenlyAngel wrote:
Shaving, yes. It's more attractive and looks cleaner.
So shaving or trim, will make you look better and more appealing, telling whomever see your pictures that you take care of yourself. If you don't shave or trim it means you don't care about yourself, like using the bathroom and not washing your hands.

You're nuts! Bros fricken worship this ish! The new "jungle fever"? I have no idea where you picked up those weird ideas.

Dec 21 10 02:17 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Posts: 33208

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Shea Mercedes wrote:

I swear I was going to say the same about myself.

smile

Dec 21 10 04:33 am Link

Photographer

Jim White Photography

Posts: 593

Orlando, Florida, US

Their boyfriends watch too much porn and convince them to shave, thinking they'll act more like a porn star if they do.

Dec 21 10 04:44 am Link

Model

Aylin Marie

Posts: 79

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

I've shot with both(both adult and art nudes) etc and I get positive feedback about my hair, it's trimmed but still more than most. I've been in a few UK adult magazines because them and their readers loved the bush.
Personally I like my look better with hair, it suits my body and style. But I'm into more classic female shapes. Plus I too am neat and clean.

Dec 21 10 04:48 am Link

Photographer

Isaiah Brink

Posts: 2328

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Nikki Magnusson wrote:
they don't call it a...

Brazilian Bikini Wax cuz its American..lol.. 

Could be true.  But then again French Fries and French Toast aren't French.  Champagne from California isn't Champagne, most champagne from France isn't Champagne, only from that one area within France is, lol.  Silly naming schemes!

Dec 21 10 05:08 am Link

Photographer

Wysiwyg Photography

Posts: 6326

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Jim White Photography wrote:
Their boyfriends watch too much porn and convince them to shave, thinking they'll act more like a porn star if they do.

*rolls eyes*

I've seen unshaved models act like porn stars... being shaved or unshaved does not constitute whether or not you will be acting like a "porn star"

Dec 21 10 05:32 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Posts: 33208

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Nikki Magnusson wrote:
they don't call it a...

Brazilian Bikini Wax cuz its American..lol.. 

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/18/fashi … sters.html

Dec 21 10 06:03 am Link

Model

_MIA

Posts: 988

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Fashion nudes seldom have it bare because it's part of the look they go for. Take note, ladies.

I like to trim and at least keep the gates bare, if you know what I mean. When I'm sexually active, I go to the extent of plucking into a little triangle (yes, it is as painful as it sounds). Once or twice a year I'll wax, usually it's because I don't have enough hair to wax anyway so I just pluck... ouchie. smile

Dec 21 10 08:02 am Link

Model

The Original Sin

Posts: 13899

Louisville, Kentucky, US

HeavenlyAngel wrote:
Shaving, yes. It's more attractive and looks cleaner.
So shaving or trim, will make you look better and more appealing, telling whomever see your pictures that you take care of yourself. If you don't shave or trim it means you don't care about yourself, like using the bathroom and not washing your hands.

CK2 Photography wrote:
umm sorry but soap and shampoo are for keeping clean whether one is shaved or not and some shaved individuals could be dirtier than a none shaved one..And actually when it comes to ART NUDES it is prefered the model does have hair as it covers the private areas and makes it less porn looking as it resembles a woman and not a prepubescent vagina.
Theres a couple unwritten rules to standard art nudes.


1 no erect nipples


2 pubic hair that looks natural even if its a bit trimmed cannot be to manicured or completely waxed

there are several more and rules are meant to be broken.But if your base for doing art nudes is in hopes of actually selling them to real fine art nude collectors who will pay a very hefty price for them even after your dead these rules generally do have bearing on who buys them and why

just my pennies worth

I have to disagree with both of you here on different things.

Heavenly, I know shaven women I wouldn't touch with a stolen hand on a 10-ft pole, and unshaven women I would let my family eat Christmas dinner off of any part of their body.  It's how a woman takes care of herself, not how much hair she has.

CK, I work art nudes a lot more than any other field, and not once has anyone complained about me being shaven- not the colleges, not the artists, not the photographers.  In 2 years (08 to now) I have had pubic hair twice- and hated it with a passion both times.  I'm a blonde, and my pubic hair is wispy, reddish and completely ridiculous. It looks like one of those straggly beards you see teenagers trying to grow.  No one has ever doubted that I was a woman past puberty, despite my shaven vaginal areas and small breasts.

It's a personal choice, full stop. It's neither good nor bad, just a personal choice in grooming, like what color nail polish to wear.

Dec 21 10 08:18 am Link

Photographer

warren hukill

Posts: 2013

Oakland, California, US

Personally I like a beaver, clam, cunt, kitty, quim, snatch, taco, coochie, twat, peach, box or cooter, shaved or fuzzy.  Good to go either way.

Dec 21 10 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

Sublime Texas

Posts: 1015

Austin, Texas, US

HeavenlyAngel wrote:
Shaving, yes. It's more attractive and looks cleaner.
So shaving or trim, will make you look better and more appealing, telling whomever see your pictures that you take care of yourself. If you don't shave or trim it means you don't care about yourself, like using the bathroom and not washing your hands.

That is just fucking warped.
For a guy who has a fake profile, you should just sit there and shut up.

Dec 21 10 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Posts: 37171

Columbus, Ohio, US

warren hukill wrote:
Personally I like a beaver, clam, cunt, kitty, quim, snatch, taco, coochie, twat, peach, box or cooter, shaved or fuzzy.  Good to go either way.

You forgot vagina.

Dec 21 10 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Pegg

Posts: 1858

Weymouth, England, United Kingdom

Extreme Body Art wrote:
99% of the models I have worked with are shaved...
I have worked with only 1 model that had a full bush out of probably 50 models I have worked with.

That's 98%. I thank you.

Dec 21 10 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

warren hukill

Posts: 2013

Oakland, California, US

I think women should keep those things shaved -- I once found my Bosch hammer drill (which I
thought I had lost) in an unshaved winkie -- we talked about it and everything is OK now.

Dec 21 10 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Le Beck Photography

Posts: 4114

Los Angeles, California, US

Amy Mathis wrote:
I had a photographer doing a "Greek statue" sort of shoot, wanted nude models with a full bush, I assume so the girl parts wouldn't show smile.  In a week.  I do think, if you want a hairy model, a girl needs more notice smile And honey, I'll take your poll, but keep your "pole" to yourself! big_smile

Funny thing though, Classical greek female nude statues had no pubic hair.

Dec 21 10 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

Le Beck Photography

Posts: 4114

Los Angeles, California, US

CK2 Photography wrote:

may I see some of your oil paintings of nudes? Perhaps some drawings? Or anything you do on a formal artistic level besides photography? Not trolling here I am genuinely interested as this thing is something I was told long before I got into photography back when I was studying things like oil on board painting in the traditional methods of the classicist such as DiVinci,Rembrandt.etc etc
So who knows perhaps the profs were wrong
generally if the nipples are erect it will be classified in more the erotic fields of art then in the fine art field even if it isn't what the MM community defines as erotic.

This just might be an exception from an Academy painter:
18+
http://i.allday.ru/uploads/posts/2009-0 … 222_10.jpg

Here's several exceptions from an Icon of American Nude Photography, the great Ruth Bernhard
18+
http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/g/o/goodfello … d-1946.jpg
http://www.ljplus.ru/img4/g/o/goodfello … _-1968.jpg
http://www.artsmia.org/mia/e_images/35/mia_35724e.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HZh2jfXyhtg/S … rnhard.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FNndI0BvPNA/S … hard_3.jpg

Dec 21 10 04:37 pm Link

Model

Erin Feehan

Posts: 128

Des Moines, Iowa, US

Nikki Magnusson wrote:
they don't call it a...

Brazilian Bikini Wax cuz its American..lol.. 

+10 smile

Dec 21 10 04:42 pm Link